What Goes Around, Comes Around!

+3
gyso
beat
MDCelticsFan
7 posters

Go down

What Goes Around, Comes Around! Empty What Goes Around, Comes Around!

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:38 am

The thread can also be titled "The Chickens Come Home To Roost". Call it bad luck, bad karma. I just think the losses, injuries, discontent, and general recent poor play is the result at least partially of Celtic management turning its' back on Leon Powe when he needed them most. It was shabby to say the least of Wyc & Ainge to turn their back on Powe after he had given so much to the title effort in '07-'08. Leon's a stand up guy and deserved the Vet minimum at least while he rehabbed. No excuse for managements shunning of Powe. Maybe the team is suffering the consequences!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

What Goes Around, Comes Around! Empty Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around!

Post by beat Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:57 am

OMG

Now your back to BLAIMING them about POWE?

How many points would he have now?
We are having issues with health as all teams go thru but as far as I know all should be back within a reasonable time frame.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:58 am

MD,

Yesterday it was all about trading for McGrady, without any regard for cap rules or chemistry. You never did get around to saying how you would actually get McGrady in a green uniform, financially.

Today it is a stale old rant about Leon and karma?

For "Convivial Discussions" sake, I'll just say no more, except...

Go Celtics!!!

What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel What Goes Around, Comes Around! Kopfschuettel

PS: This is the entire team, the coaches and support staff, which all agree with me on this one.
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:40 am

Leon landed square on his feet. In good shape with a great team.

Inre Karma. Explain Kobe to me.

For the love of pete.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:05 am

Jeb: Don't worry, there's no air conditioning where Kobe's going for eternity!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:32 am

MD

I've always been the eternal optomist for some reason, a glass 1/2 full rather than a glass 1/2 empty person.

Does little to dwell on the couldas and shouldas.

I always think that for some crazy reason good will eventually prevail over evil. Right will oust wrong, and justice will be just and sure. That doing good will come back to reward you more than you could ever know.

Some times it takes time for things to even out. I try not to get to excited when things are going well so that to not to be to down when they aren't.

After all a New Year is almost upon us, and all the unknown thrills and disapointments await to be revealed in time. So don't be discouraged for now. We do have a pretty good team. A car runs well when all is in good repair, a team plays well when all parts are healty and understand their rolls, and play off each other. For now we are left with a frame and no photo, parts are missing. Until we see the entire potrait we cannot discount this team.

In the words of the late Jimmy V. Laugh, Cry and Love some each day and above all else.............

Don't give up, don't ever give up.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 pm

Beat,

You reminded me of a "song" (mostly recitation) that was popular when I was in high school. (They had just invented high school when I turned 15.) Now THIS was MUSIC:

Hiya folks.

Ya say ya lost your job today? Ya say its 4 A.M. and your kids ain't home from school yet? Ya say your wife went out for a corned
beef sandwich last weekend - the corned beef sandwich came back but she didn't? Ya
say your furniture is out all over the sidewalk 'cause ya can't pay the
rent and ya got chapped lips and paper cuts and your feets all swollen up and blistered from pounding the pavement looking for work?

Is that whats troubling ya, fellow?

(Crash of cymbals and sound of marching band)
Well,
lift your head up high and take a walk in the sun with dignity and
stick-to-it-ness and ya show the world, ya show the world where to get
off.

You'll never give up, never give up, never give up...that ship!

Hey there, friend.

Ya say your radiators never worked all winter and now that its summer they started up again and ya can't turn them off?
Ya
say your wife sent your light weight suits to the cleaners and that
means you'll have to wear your itchy tweeds this morning when they say
it'll hit 106 and ya gotta meet an important business man in an hour
and your bridge just broke and ya pasted it together with bubble gum
and ya hope it don't fall apart while you're doing some fast talking to this man? And - and your shoelace just busted and ya opened a big cut on your cheek trying to even
out your sideburns and your daughter's going out with a convict and
your wife just confessed she gave your last sixty dollars as a deposit
on an airplane hanger?

Is that whats troubling ya, Bunky?

(Cymbals and band)
Well,
off.

Hey
there, cousin.

Ya say ya can't pull your car out of the mud and you're
in the middle of nowhere and its pouring rain and ya can't get the top
back up and your paycheck's all blurred and your foot went right
through the gas and your girl's screaming bloody murder; shes scared of
the dark and a stroke of lightning splits your motor in half and your
suits shrinking up fast and ya start up the windy road on foot and
sixty yards barbed wire hits ya right smack in the puss and ya both
fall down in the mud and then a wild animal comes over and runs away
with your shoes and your car blows up suddenly and your
windshield-wiper ends up in your mouth and ya can't move and the mud's
rising up to your nostrils and you're sinking fast and ya don't hear
your girl screaming anymore?

Is that what's on your mind, cousin?

(Cymbals and band)
Well,
off.

And now, this is the old philosopher saying, so long, folks.

Written and performed by Eddie Lawrence
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:25 pm

MD

I think Kobe is struggling mightily to right his own wrongs and took some big steps last year. This year the dark side of the force is pullin him a little stronger.

I am not very worried about all this. I look at heart most of all and in PP, Ray and Ticket beats the warriors heart. Whatever is wrong those guys will fix along with Doc. These guys know the time is now. So do the younger guys.

I see Rondo becoming a basketball freak right in front of our eyes. His top drawer could be among the very best to ever play the position. I see him doing things I have never seen before.

Perk is inna funk and seems to be having some head trouble but I really admire his work ethic and love his mean streak.

I think it was sweed who said Wallace wont back down when it matters and I concur. He will win us several playoff games with clutch shooting and mostly position defense.

We are going to win it this year. It's our time. I feel it down deep. It aint goin to be easy and we'll have to slay some big mean dragons but we got the right crossbows to do it.

I think Danny will bring in one more vet down the line too. We dont know who but I dont see Danny slipping on this one.

Best wishes fellow board members for a happy new year and for those of you who have loved ones with a health issue a healthy one. This is a wonderful place and we are all lucky to have it and each other.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:49 pm

Beat, I have a saying "As long as I have something in my glass is better then having nothing" we could be New Jersey!

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Sam wrote:Beat,

You reminded me of a "song" (mostly recitation) that was popular when I was in high school. (They had just invented high school when I turned 15.) Now THIS was MUSIC:

Hiya folks.

Ya say ya lost your job today? Ya say its 4 A.M. and your kids ain't home from school yet? Ya say your wife went out for a corned
beef sandwich last weekend - the corned beef sandwich came back but she didn't? Ya
say your furniture is out all over the sidewalk 'cause ya can't pay the
rent and ya got chapped lips and paper cuts and your feets all swollen up and blistered from pounding the pavement looking for work? Is that whats troubling ya, fellow?

(Crash of cymbals and sound of marching band)
Well,
off.

Hey there, friend.

Ya say your radiators never worked all winter and now that its summer they started up again and ya can't turn them off?
Ya
say your wife sent your light weight suits to the cleaners and that
means you'll have to wear your itchy tweeds this morning when they say
it'll hit 106 and ya gotta meet an important business man in an hour
and your bridge just broke and ya pasted it together with bubble gum
and ya hope it don't fall apart while you're doing some fast talking to this man? And - and your shoelace just busted and ya opened a big cut on your cheek trying to even
out your sideburns and your daughter's going out with a convict and
your wife just confessed she gave your last sixty dollars as a deposit
on an airplane hanger?

Is that whats troubling ya, Bunky?

(Cymbals and band)
Well,
off.

Hey
there, cousin.

Ya say ya can't pull your car out of the mud and you're
in the middle of nowhere and its pouring rain and ya can't get the top
back up and your paycheck's all blurred and your foot went right
through the gas and your girl's screaming bloody murder; shes scared of
the dark and a stroke of lightning splits your motor in half and your
suits shrinking up fast and ya start up the windy road on foot and
sixty yards barbed wire hits ya right smack in the puss and ya both
fall down in the mud and then a wild animal comes over and runs away
with your shoes and your car blows up suddenly and your
windshield-wiper ends up in your mouth and ya can't move and the mud's
rising up to your nostrils and you're sinking fast and ya don't hear
your girl screaming anymore?

Is that what's on your mind, cousin?

(Cymbals and band)
Well,
off.

And now, this is the old philosopher saying, so long, folks.

Written and performed by Eddie Lawrence
Ya Sam, I remember that...boy it's been a while...part of the beauty of that routine was the voice...the delivery...Is that what's troublin ya bunky? Nice memory.....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:36 pm

I'll have to disagree MD...I don't know for sure why MGMNT let Powe go but it was a calculated risk...Sometimes you have to take those. They weighed all the pluses and minuses for keeping him vs. letting him go and pulled the trigger. I'm sure DA wasn't overjoyed to do it, but he felt like it was the right move. Was he right? Who the heck knows right now? Someday you'll be able to look back with hindsight and say, Yay or Nay, but certainly not at this juncture. Let's say for the sake of argument that Sheldon goes on to contribute and has a break out year all of the sudden...unlikely for sure, but for the sake of argument, and Powe steps out on the court again and ruptures his other knee immediately. Did the Karma suddenly reverse? and the basketball gods are favoring the C's again. What went around and came around in that case? I don't buy it .
On the other hand, let's raise a glass to the Celtics pursuit of #18 and have a happy new year and GO CELTICS.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum