HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

+3
Sam
beat
7 posters

Go down

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Empty HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:19 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL IN CELTIC NATION AND TO ALL THOSE WHO POST HERE. SPECIAL GREETINGS TO SAM FOR HIS DEDICATION AND HARD WORK IN MAKING THIS A REALITY...THANKS SAM!

MAY 2010 BE A YEAR OF HEALTH & PROSPERITY TO ALL............AND NUMBER 18!

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT IT WILL BE ST. PATRICK'S DAY AND THE CROCUSES WILL BE PUSHING UP AND SHOWING THEMSELVES!

BE SAFE TONIGHT!

Back to top Go down

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Empty Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Post by beat Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:22 am

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT IT WILL BE ST. PATRICK'S DAY AND THE CROCUSES WILL BE PUSHING UP AND SHOWING THEMSELVES!

(perhaps where you live!!)
can they push up through 3 feet of snow?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:32 am

Happy New Year to you and yours. You speak of dedication, but no one has displayed greater dedication than you by sharing your thoughts about so many aspects of the board and being THE driving force in helping make a lot of kids' holiday seasons just a little less grim.

All the best for 2010.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 am

beat wrote:112288

(perhaps where you live!!)
can they push up through 3 feet of snow?

beat

beat,

Are you predicting a mild winter up your way? Three feet is just a "dusting" when you deal with lake-affect snow, isn't it? We are hunkering down for a New Year's blizzard up here. I have been fighting the tire chains on my tractor this morning. I have a snowblower on the darned thing and it is useless without the chains.

Spring is not even in the conversation right now, 112288. Please excuse me if I sound grumpy. I am much more miffed at my tractor than I am at the current issues with the Celtics. I said more bad words at my tractor in one hour than I have totally at my TV in the last three losses.

Please remind me why I live in snow country?

gyso

PS: Oh yeah, Happy New Year to all!!
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 pm

GYSO

I got a new (for me) John Deere Garden tractor with 48inch 2 stage blower attachment, it's a diesel with a cab. Thing is 5 years old and was well taken care of, only had 500 operating hours on it. ( belonged to a local funeral director) It also came with a 54inch mower deck too. A few minor issues but I tell you this sitting in the cab and blowing the driveways out in 0 degrees is not too bad. Biggest issue with me has been the cables that turn the chute. I have broke them both but they were a bit old and rusty. Now I have lots of extra cable on hand and a couple of clamps if need be.

Need to get some extra weight on the back too cause backing up an even slight incline doesn't work good.

It also has a reverse override that shuts of the PTO every time you go to back up. But I solved that issue with a simple clothes pin. The spring type, just lifted up the reverse overide nob and put the clothes pin around the base of it, now the PTO stays engaged all the time and I don't have to keep putting the damn thing in gear everytime.

Without chains you don't go anywhere, I don't care how good your tires on your tractor are either.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:31 pm

beat,

I also have a John Deere, a X320 gas powered job, with a 44" blower. It is only 2-wheel drive, so I have to be careful where I take it. I have gotten stuck, but it is light enough so that I can slide it around by myself if I get mad enough.

It has a soft cab, which covers the top, the front and the two sides. The back is open, but that didn't bother me last year. I just dress like I am ice fishing and I am fine.

Weight is important, I have two factory weights and may get two more. I did finally get the chains on it, the top mounted and took it out to clean up the edges which had drifted in. I tell you what, it is easier than using the 24" walk behind snow blower that I have for a backup.

It has started to snow. It is supposed to snow for the next 3-4 days, hard at times, with wind. I think I'll hunker down with the Mrs. tonight, have a little Chinese and ring in the new year at home.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm

All,
Please have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Happy new year from the pesky europeans!
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:12 pm

Happiest of New Year to all the board members....even the pesky europeans...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down