Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ?

+3
jeb
bigpygme
beat
7 posters

Go down

Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ? Empty Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ?

Post by beat Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:10 am

Seems Lester will get the start this eve, at PG, hope Doc gives the other pups meaningful minutes.
Lets see more than just a glimpse of what we have on the other end of the roster.

Could be an interesting game win or loose.

beat

Last edited by beat on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ? Empty Re: Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ?

Post by bigpygme Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 am

i've been wanting to see a little more of the younger guys for a long time. even though i wouldn't have picked this way to do it, this seems like the only way Doc'll put em in. so i agree with beat, it will be great to get a look-see and get an idea who might be promising with a little on-the-court game time.

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ? Empty Re: Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ?

Post by jeb Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:07 am

I wish Rondo could play with the yungsters cause I would love to see him play with a group of young runners.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:16 am

The reports I've seen indicate that TA and JR will start. Add Perk, Sheed and Ray and it makes for an interesting starting lineup.

The JR start means that in Doc's eyes, he is more ready than Walker and that Hudson isn't even close to being ready. Look for Ray and TA to play big minutes. Glen will be back, but his minutes may be limited. We'll get a good dose of Scal tonight.

Walker and Hudson will get garbage minutes only. That is too bad, as far as Hudson seems to me to be a natural plug-and-play guy to take Rondo's place in the starting unit. Like Rondo, he is a stat filler, and has the potential to make the other players better. He can drive and dish and make the occasional jumper (at least in my mind).

Oh well, at least it will be interesting once again.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:31 am

I hope the crowd will do their best to support them tonight.

I am actually kind of excited about the game. It will come down to heart and effort and not just "they have a bunch of HOFers on the team".
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:55 am

GYSO

I read the same thing but in the 30 seconds from going there to coming here Hudson replaced JR in my mind.

Oh well first mistake of the new year.

How your weather? We got a total of about 10 inches the last day or so no big deal. Chance for a little more thru Monday.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 am

I'm so sick of seeing Scal,love Sam and know he loves Scal,but does anyone know Scals FG % last 20 games?All he can do is pass to someone,its 4 on 5 when hes on floor......please play the young guns.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:33 am

beat,

Wishfull thinking in regards to Hudson, I would rather see him start as well. In my first read-through this AM, I thought I read that JR was going to be the starting PG. That had to be prior to my first cup of coffee!! Definite reading comprehension issues!!

We origionally had two separate Winter Storm Warnings, one at noon and one at midnight. They don't show up anymore online, the storm has moved off the coast a bit more. They are gonna get hammered down east though, Ellsworth and north along the coast. The forecast was for 12-16" total for today and tomorrow in my town, but it has been downgraded to 9-13" total. We will have winds from 20-24 miles per hour for well over 12 hours during the worst of it.

That means that around the ends of my house/connected barn there will be no accumulation due to the wind. That leaves the 4-5' drift right in front of my house. I'll go out around 1:30 this afternoon to take care of what's there and won't be able to tackle the rest until daybreak, as I will have company at 3:00 and I may tip a few. I may miss the start of the game tonight, but with any luck, will catch up before half-time. If we lose badly, I may go out and take it out on the snow.

I'm gonna leave a ladder out by the dish tonight for when I have to go out to clean the snow off it. I had to go out twice during the Sun's game and after the first time, I put the ladder away. Tonight.........No Rondo. No Pierce, No KG= ? Icon_rolleyes Duh!! I left it out after the second time.

I figured out what was wrong with my dish during rainstorms. I have a pine tree out near the dish. One of the lower branches got water-logged during a storm and dropped enough to block the signal. It was worse with the snow. I had to get my saw-on-a-pole, climb the ladder and cut the offending branch off. Just for S&G's, I took off the next one as well. All in a snow storm in the (relative) dark. The things we do to get our Celtics fix!!

I really hoped to see a lot of Hudson tonight, at least with the starting unit. I just don't think it will happen, having experienced Doc's substitution patterns to date.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 pm

gyso /beat -
do you quietly have the same problem with Doc's substitution patterns and decisions re: the younger players that i do? wouldn't it be good for the team development to see, sometime, some of the younger guys out running with Rondo, for example, as Jeb suggested above?

or am i missing a bigger picture that others, more experienced, might see better?

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Doc has a history of bringing young players along ............... but none of ui has a clue to what exactly his pattern is.

I guess when he has vets they play and the pups sit and watch for the most part. Now the vets are sitting due to injury and some of the pups are going to have to play.

Would I do something different, perhaps.

Earning paying time for Doc is something I guess only he knows the secret too. When totally healthy 10-11-12 will see lttle time except garbage minutes. Now 10-11-12 have moved up to 7-8-9.

Tonight will be interesting.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Beat

This is a time for us to really get a look at the pups.

It seems to me that if Lester is a PG than he should be a starter unless you put House in there

This could also be a game where Ray Allen's future is solidified or in doubt..

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down