Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Uh we got a game tonight guys.... Anyone here?

I saw a stat on ESPN that this was the first year that the Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, and Sixers have all missed the playoffs in the same season. Crazy to think that it’s taken this long for the feat to be accomplished.

I feel like the Celtics have a really odd collection of talent. Like there’s no underlying trait that I can identify to see where Ainge is going with this.

They have a lot of flexibility with their picks and talent outside of Gerald Wallace’s contract, but I just don’t see how they maneuver from here.

Boston has tried to find success drafting guys who are… less than cut. Going back to Pierce, who was less than chiselled or overly athletic, to Antoine Walker who was actually flabby, to Al Jeff when he entered the league, Glen Davis and now Olenyk and Sullinger- I think the Celtics believe these types of players are undervalued. Obviously this does not apply to their entire roster- but it does seem like a tendency. Like Chip says, big people beat up little people… I guess?

I think they have the single worst roster in the league, in terms of their prospects for the future. And yet, they are in one of the better positions of any team do to their plethora of draft picks.

Rondo is the only piece on their roster that could contribute to a championship team.

So they’ll either trade most of their draft picks for veteran talent (what Ainge did last time he was in this situation) which I suppose is a possibility if Kevin love becomes available. But more likely, I think rondo goes for a one, or in a package with Wallace to give the team some cap relief. After that, the cupboard is pretty bare.

He’s going to try to pull a Big 3 part two.

They could try to get Asik and Love with a combination of moves, or possibly trade Rondo for mo’ picks. I don’t see their moves outside of that.

Really excited for the future of both of these teams They both are heading in the right direction and should be good in the near future. I like rivalries, especially if the teams are actually competent!

I thought I’d be done rooting against the Sixers, but I guess my Celtics hate never ceases to amaze me. I don’t want the Celtics to return to glory; I want them to win tonight, finish No. 6 and have to consider Gordon, Smart, Vonleh and other players not worth tanking a season for. I guess you can say I’m rooting for both MCW and Rondo to get triple doubles.

Celtics win could bring them to the 6th spot. Want them to be as far away from the top 3 as possible.

Yep. I want them to get a shit draw in lottery

It’s weird that this was like the rivalry that saved the early NBA

Only 2 more games remain in this horrid season... Thank goodness it's almost over.

It's a TRACK MEET with these guys... ZERO DEFENSE running up and down, running up and down, running up and down, running up and down...

Thad is great when he is doing his little spin moves down low but then he thinks he's Ray Allen.

MCW is having a game, being from Boston he seems to bring it against them, just another reason to love him.

I think he really hates Phil Pressey.

Looks like a relay meet at the dog track.

Kelly Olynyk looking like Bill Walton out there lol... The dog track might be too much credit lol...

Olnyk has no skills except two legs where he runs up and down the court. What a waste of 7 feet.

Did you see MCW take it to Olynyk with the left hand... I'm loving it... Maybe the Celtics might want Embiid after all lol...

That's what happens when you are 7 ft tall and play in a league with guys who are 6'6". You get Olynyk and a coach who says he's the best big guy in the league.

Olynyk would make a good mascot. Looks like Hip Hop.

You mean HIPPIE HOP lol...

I don't think Rondo and Stevens see eye to eye.

Kelly Olynyk doesn’t play defense at all

Ugh, I hope the Sixers sixers the second half and lose this one.

There’s no real point to them losing. they’re getting 2nd worst. I suppose if you want to screw the Celtics and have them win and get worse position you root for that but I’d rather just have our guys win

Boston is going to suck for a long time. Don't have much of a young core to build on and their awful GM isn't crafty enough to build them back. Even if they get a top 5 pick, I don't see them doing much over the next decade.  (MY NOTE:  Huh?  From a Sixers fan talking about awful GMs?  No good young core?  Oh wait, I forgot, Hippie Hop hadn't finished dropping 28 on their fat cheese steak asses)

Would love to see the Sixers finish on a 2 game winning streak and end up with 19 wins. But part of me loves to watch Celtics fans squirm while they blow their tank and win tonight.

Definitely Rondo and coach aren't on same page... Rondo has to realize this isn't the BIG 3 Celtics anymore.... Nice shot by Rondo by the way... He's never been that type of guy where he's friendly anyways... It's like he carries the weight of the world on his back.

Part of me hates rooting against our guys even though we’re locked into the 2nd worst record, but part of me is also enjoying this exciting finish.

I would love to go to the NBA just to be the “energy guy”

Celtics going to go ape **** if they win this game, lol.

I don't care if it helps the C's in the standings to lose, c'mon guys, kick their arses!!!

It's hilarious watching Rondo half ass it out there. He wants to lose so bad.

Damn why couldn’t that Wroten slam go down. Would have loved to see Olynyk posterized

Olynyk overall has a nice game regardless of how I feel about him... He even has the 3 point range...

Rondo playing like a manchilld now... Nearly a triple double... Bad call by the refs as Olynyk was still on the floor...

The refs are trying to mess up someone's tank

Tank so hard Rondo...

Jeff Green tanking hard.

Jeff Green with the classic five second tank move, well-poorly played Sir (-;

I still can't stop laughing at that pass Rondo threw away. He's tanking so blatantly he should get fined

I'm a little upset about this win. I wanted to screw up the Celtics pick as much as possible but hopefully the Jazz lose tonight to stay in the 4th spot.

Not over yet. Lol Rondo....what a joke.

I'm not even kidding, rondo needs to be fined.

I can’t root for Olynyk because he’s too damn soft.

I have never seen tanking as blatant as what Boston has done.

Brad Stevens was a hell of a college coach, but he is an awful NBA coach. He is just completely overmatched. The Celtics have no future with him and he'll be back in college in 2 years.

I fully expect Ainge to hire Kevin Ollie in the offseason

Rondo is the only player I've ever seen tank. Dude is so confident in his status that he knows half assing a bunch of games will never affect him, so he takes one for the franchise. Otherwise, he just lost all skill rehabbing from that injury

Rondo is acting like he's all upset.

Nice job, Boston Tankers.

Celtics definitely out-tanking the Sixers tonight.

Rondo isnt even hiding the fact that he is trying to lose this game

Rondo and Ainge froze out Stevens on the plan …

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Post by k_j_88 Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 pm

That one guy is wrong that Steven's is an awful coach at the pro level. Show me another coach in this league that can do better with the same roster.

I must say though that I do love a good cheese steak.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down