Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award?

+3
RosalieTCeltics
k_j_88
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Who Deserves the 2013-2014 LEAST Valuable Player Award (Also Known As A "Swift Kick In The Ass")

Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_lcap0%Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_lcap0%Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_lcap11%Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_lcap11%Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_lcap56%Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Empty Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award?

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Every year, but especially during transition/rebuilding/My God!  We SUCK! years, there are always end-of-benchers who are replaced by next year's crop that are considered to be upgrades at that position (e.g. Sasha Pavlovic and Keyon Dooling left, making room for Barbosa and JET the next year), overpaid performers (e.g. Jason Terry for $5M) and underperformers (e.g. Chris Wilcox, Jujuan Johnson) that either don't get their contract renewed or are traded as soon as humanly possible.  I expect this year to be no different.

Some of the players that will not be with us next year will be gone because they were the key piece in a trade that is good for us (e.g. Big Al in the KG trade) and not because they aren't valuable.  In fact, the exact opposite is true, they will be gone precisely because of their value.  We have no way of knowing who those players may be since they will change depending upon who our trading partner is and what their needs are, but focusing on the ones we would want to lose because they are our LEAST Valuable Player...

Sorry, but I'm not going to make it easy for you and let you pick Keith Bogans.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Empty Re: Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award?

Post by k_j_88 Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Sorry, Vitor.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award? Empty Re: Who Wins The Celtics' LEAST Valuable Award?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Sorry Bob, Your boy could go in a minute! Too bad he hasn't got the minutes to show some moves
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Bob,

Sorry.

I still will vote for Keith Bogans as 2013-2014 LEAST Valuable Player. We can all be sure that he will not be a Celtic next year. He is either released or traded. His hissy fit came at a really bad time, actually about a week later we could have really used him.

No one else on your list fell down on the job. None of them can be accused of mailing it in. None of them deserve a swift kick in the a$$ on the way out the door. Perhaps a pat on the back, and thanks for trying!!

Just my opinion.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 am

gyso wrote:Bob,

Sorry.

I still will vote for Keith Bogans as 2013-2014 LEAST Valuable Player.  We can all be sure that he will not be a Celtic next year.  He is either released or traded.  His hissy fit came at a really bad time, actually about a week later we could have really used him.

No one else on your list fell down on the job.  None of them can be accused of mailing it in.  None of them deserve a swift kick in the a$$ on the way out the door.  Perhaps a pat on the back, and thanks for trying!!  

Just my opinion.

gyso

gyso,

Your opinion is respected.  I excluded Bogans because, if I included him, it wouldn't be much of a question, would it?

This isn't about "falling down on the job".  Sasha and Keyon Dooling didn't "fall down on the job", they were just marginal pieces that could and were upgraded.  I was never a fan of Dooling, although I appreciated his locker room presence (especially with Rondo) but I liked Sasha and thought he brought some good stuff to the floor.  I probably got a little too cute with my "swift kick in the ass" comment but the underlying question "who is the most expendable?" is a question that every manager in every line of work has to consider.  When I worked at Litton, it was called "Rank of force" and it was an exercise I was forced to do, and submit, every year.  I'll admit, I hated having to draw up that list as much as you're not enjoying picking one of these players.  On the other hand, it helps clear the mind about what and who are truly valuable and are not likely to be easily replaced or lived without.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44 am

Bob,

Although I agree with gyso, there must be a cruel streak going through me this morning and I couldn't resist...

Vitor.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm

BOGANS!!!!!

sucking up $5M to sit home and eat chips all day.

can't get ant LEAST valuable that that, IMO.

in fact.......I vote for the award to have Bogans face on it from now on.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Bob,

Maybe you should rename the question to ask who is the second-least valuable player award. When it comes to being least valuable this year, Bogans is in a class by himself.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Outside wrote:Bob,

Maybe you should rename the question to ask who is the second-least valuable player award. When it comes to being least valuable this year, Bogans is in a class by himself.

I think you're onto something there, although I suspect it's because some people don't want to make the harder choice. Naming Keith Bogans the least valuable player is a no-brainer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:Bob,

Sorry.

I still will vote for Keith Bogans as 2013-2014 LEAST Valuable Player. We can all be sure that he will not be a Celtic next year. He is either released or traded. His hissy fit came at a really bad time, actually about a week later we could have really used him.

No one else on your list fell down on the job. None of them can be accused of mailing it in. None of them deserve a swift kick in the a$$ on the way out the door. Perhaps a pat on the back, and thanks for trying!!

Just my opinion.

gyso

gyso,

Your opinion is respected. I excluded Bogans because, if I included him, it wouldn't be much of a question, would it?

This isn't about "falling down on the job". Sasha and Keyon Dooling didn't "fall down on the job", they were just marginal pieces that could and were upgraded. I was never a fan of Dooling, although I appreciated his locker room presence (especially with Rondo) but I liked Sasha and thought he brought some good stuff to the floor. I probably got a little too cute with my "swift kick in the ass" comment but the underlying question "who is the most expendable?" is a question that every manager in every line of work has to consider. When I worked at Litton, it was called "Rank of force" and it was an exercise I was forced to do, and submit, every year. I'll admit, I hated having to draw up that list as much as you're not enjoying picking one of these players. On the other hand, it helps clear the mind about what and who are truly valuable and are not likely to be easily replaced or lived without.

bob

bob,

Okay, okay, I get it. The question, "Who is the most expendable?", would get Vitor a couple votes (as I saw after I voted). At his salary, he wouldn't get much in a trade and can only be added with others to get anything of any value back in return. He's not a bad guy either, from the looks of things.

With that in mind, it has to be a player that takes up more of the salary cap. That leaves out the other low pay guys. Bass? No, I like him okay, he's steady. Humphries? No, I'd like to get him back next year for less, I like him more than Bass. Not Rondo, not Green, not Bradley, there is only one left.

I voted Wallace. I didn't like his presence in the locker room and if he is gone (maybe along with a little incentive, ie: 1st round pick), we could get a decent center back in the deal. I never liked him before he became a Celtic and I'll be glad to see him go.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down