MDCelticsFan
sinus007
6 posters

Go down

Ugly but feels good Empty Ugly but feels good

Post by sinus007 Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi,
I'm talking about the last night.
As in any game there were negative and positive points.
Negative: on some occasions players in white/green didn't know what direction they're supposed to move - RA to the rescue.
Nobody told JR that in oder to win you need to score which means to throw ball into the basket or, maybe they did but he forgot.
Positive: defence was working on more occasions than it didn't.
Everybody was hustling and trying hard.
Luck factor: Raptors seemd to be half asleep.
I hope that by Wed Rondo and KG will be back.
Just my $.02

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Ugly but feels good Empty Re: Ugly but feels good

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Any type of a win feels good to snap the 3 game wrong way streak. The Toronto announcers on League Pass were fair to the Celts in their commentary. I'd like to see Hudson get more minutes. 'Sheed & Ray steadied the ship and Tony contributed some timely plays. Yes, it was the Raptors, and we own them, but let's hope this stops the bleeding. Congrats guys, way to step up!-MD.-PS Is Scal related to Donny Most of Happy Days?

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 pm

I think last night's effort should bolster our confidence in the bench.

Without key reserve Marquis Daniels and three starters it was a good sign that some veterans can step into the void and some of the youngsters may be ready for more minutes.

Wallace showed he's still a low-post presence, Ray showed he's still more than capable of carrying the scoring load and House is still capable of being a microwave for our offense.

Giddens stuck to the plan and played D. I think he'll improve more on what we saw as he earns more minutes. Hudson (whom I once predicted would be in Europe about now) looked adequate at the point, but showed that despite his diminutive stature, he may be an interesting proposition as a two-guard.

Baby continued playing his way back; he's still got a way to go, but should be fine. And of all people to step up, Tony Allen turns in a very acceptable performance as a point guard. I mean come on, we have nightmares about him at point, don't we?

Yes, Toronto was without their point guard, but they're far from being the Nets. They do have the guy who's probably the best power forward in the East right now, certainly one of the best in the league.

I think we should view this as a sign that we have the depth we'll need late in the season, as well as when the injury bug hits. Within the next two weeks, if we can be near full strength, we should see some enjoyable games without the nail biting.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:38 pm

nycelt

I thought the team played in celtic fashion. Just different guys within the same greater system. The spacing was great and the assist were a joy. Just unselfish team ball.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 pm

jeb65 wrote:nycelt

I thought the team played in celtic fashion. Just different guys within the same greater system. The spacing was great and the assist were a joy. Just unselfish team ball.

jeb,

Agreed. As usual you said it quicker and more to the point than I could!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 pm

nyc

dont know about that. yo are one of the fellows here that is always easy to understand.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:31 pm

I watched a stream with Toronto commentators and they kept on complementing how everybody on the Celtics played with sort of a "champion mindset", from the first guy to the last.

They found it obvious that they had practices with higher intensity and demands on the players.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Good point, Swede. I wonder how Celtics practices stack up against those of other teams. Practices have become a missing link in the game, and more's the pity. It used to be a real rush to watch practices, then see how the practices translated into game action and eventually into championships. Who was in the doghouse or was the whipping boy of the day. Who hung around with whom. To see them practice a play and fail, and then finally get it, and then use it successfully in a game and know the story behind the story of why they were celebrating extra hard.

To say nothing of the watching the mini-wars between the "white" and "green" teams (which I feel are still some of the greatest games ever played between some of the greatest teams ever to play). Sometimes the tension became so great out there that someone had to break the tension somehow. The one I recall best was Havlicek grabbing a defensive rebound amid ferocious infighting, tucking the ball under his arm, and running the length of the floor like a wide receiver in a sort of Heisman straight-arm pose for the "score," while his teammates held their sides in laughter.

I'd actually pay better money to watch practice than to watch a game.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Hehe.

A friend of mine always says, freely translated:

"What you do not do in practice, you do not do in games."

Practice hard, that way games are easy Very Happy