Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight

3 posters

Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight Empty Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:33 pm

March 23, 1977

Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight 197703230HOU

bob
MY NOTE:  Playing Moses to a draw is saying a lot. I wish they showed rebounds, especially offensive. I'll bet it wasn't a draw there! Walton fouled out. Now that sounds more like a Moses Malone game.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight Empty Re: Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight

Post by Sam Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:57 pm

I assume "Murphy" is Calvin Murphy. At 5' 9", he could play bigger players to a standstill. Great jumping ability and a wonderful shooting touch.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight Empty Re: Lex Nihil Novi - Mountain Man Plays Moses To A Draw, But Blazers Can't Stop The Bleeding, Losing 3rd Straight

Post by Sloopjohnb Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:42 pm

One of the great "What ifs" is what if the 'Blazers that year had kept Moses Malone who came to them in the ABA dispersal draft.  This is especially so because Walton got injured and wiped out any chance of a 'Blazer repeat the next year.

But I guess management didn't want to pay big bucks for a someone that they viewed would have been at best a back-up for Bill Walton and Maurice Lucas.

Interesting that Malone played forward with Kevin Kunnert at center.  I remember Kunnert as a big, boney guy with sharp elbows and a decent shooting touch

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down