Post Game Summer League vs Detroit

3 posters

Go down

Post Game Summer League vs Detroit Empty Post Game Summer League vs Detroit

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Here's the full boxscore.

http://www.nba.com/games/20140709/BOSDET/gameinfo.html

1.  Kantavious Caldwell-Pope with a KoME-esque game.  8-22fgas for 26 points.  No conscience.
2.  Smart with good defense but 4-13, 2-7 from 3.  Not a shooter.  Not really a point guard either.  Let's hope it's just rookie jitters.
3.  Phil Pressey is the back up point guard on this team.  14 points on 6-10, aggressive on both ends.  Penetrated a lot.
4.  Kelly with 16 points and 9 rebs.  I think he'll make the team.
5.  Babb missed a 3 badly, I was ready to write him off, then he went nuts.  10 pts on 5-8 and very, very good defense.
6.  Iverson with 11 pts on 4-5, 3-3fts, 1blk.  Flip shot in the lane, 14' baseline jump shot.  Not bad, but my expectations are low.
7.  Bertrans taken off the floor on a gurney.  Header into the stanchion.  Hope he's ok.  Taken to the hospital.
8.  Johnson didn't do much to awe me.
9.  Mike Moser had another good game shooting 3s, but didn't stand out otherwise.

6 Celtics in double digits.  That's pretty good for a 40 minute game.

Just to give you an idea of just how bad summer league play is, in general, 34 year old Brian Cook had 14 points, 6 rebs in 22 minutes and looked good.  34 years old.  Tells you something about the level of competition, doesn't it?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Summer League vs Detroit Empty Re: Post Game Summer League vs Detroit

Post by worcester Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Iverson with 1 rebound, Smart with 5, Kelly with 9. That says a lot.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm

worcester wrote:Iverson with 1 rebound, Smart with 5, Kelly with 9. That says a lot.

Wocester,

It might say that he was boxing people out and the guards and kelly went for the ball. Perk wasn't a rebounding god either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 am

bobheckler wrote:
worcester wrote:Iverson with 1 rebound, Smart with 5, Kelly with 9. That says a lot.

Wocester,

It might say that he was boxing people out and the guards and kelly went for the ball.  Perk wasn't a rebounding god either.

bob

I didn't see the game, you saw it, was that the case, was Iverson putting a body on people creating space for others ala Perk?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Wocester,

It might say that he was boxing people out and the guards and kelly went for the ball.  Perk wasn't a rebounding god either.

bob

I didn't see the game, you saw it, was that the case, was Iverson putting a body on people creating space for others ala Perk?

cow,

He usually puts body on people, that is not one of his problems. He was also rotating pretty well. His problems have been in man-to-man defense. He puts too much body on them then. I guess that's the downside of him being such a physical player, if he's not physically on someone he feels like he's not doing his job.

His first game was quite good, quite good. He did stuff I honestly had no idea he was capable of doing. His 2nd game not so good but then they all stunk in that one. This game was ok, not good or great and he played less than 16 minutes. With the addition of Zeller the pressure of needing Colton to do well has been eased up quite a bit. He had a good chance of making the club before but now is back to being a bubble player because of nothing to do with him. Zeller, Anthony and Vitor is probably all we can carry. If Iverson has a chance it's that Vitor is coming off of knee surgery. That might get Iverson a non-guaranteed contract until December or whenever those things have to fish-or-cut-bait.

I'll tell you this Cow, if you like guys who aren't afraid to bump and grind, you'll like Colton Iverson. He is not a "finesse" center like Nenad Krstic was, he's a bull in a china shop like Perk.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 am

bob his rebounding numbers just in SL are worse than Perks, he is banger, he is 7 feet tall, I know all that....hope he can finish at least one of these SL games with 30 minutes and 8 plus rebounds.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:21 am

is he white?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:46 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:is he white?

cow,

As white as the driven snow.  He's from a small town, Yankton South Dakota, population 15,000.  What'd you think he'd be?

Here's an excerpt from Yankton's Wikpedia page, 2010 Census:

The racial makeup of the city was 92.1% White, 2.1% African American, 2.3% Native American, 0.7% Asian, 1.3% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.4% of the population.

Post Game Summer League vs Detroit 1f772fdf0b655f2f4bd9b2d9ca435d5c

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm

1.3% other races??? What races didn't they cover? Inuit?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm

worcester wrote:1.3% other races??? What races didn't they cover? Inuit?

worcester,

Inuits aren't considered "native americans".

How about middle easterners? They're not white (except for Jesus Christ) but they're not Africans (unless they're Egyptians) or Asians (unless they're Turks from the eastern shore of the Bosphorus). Technically East Indians and Pakistanis are Asians, but are they included in that demographic, or are they "other".

Oh, what the hell, when a town is 92% anything, everybody else is pretty much trimming anyway.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down