LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference

+2
worcester
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference Empty LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 pm

LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference
Jul 10, 2014 10:11 AM EDT

LeBron James did not receive Pat Riley's now infamous end-of-season press conference especially well, according to multiple sources.

"I think we need to have a perspective about things," Riley said to the media. "I think everybody needs to get a grip—media, Heat players, organization, all of our fans—we got to get a grip on greatness and on teams. I've been here for 45 years in the NBA, and I've witnessed dynasties, I've witnessed great teams. The '80s Lakers, five championships in 12 years. So what does that mean? Seven times they didn't win. In that run, they didn't win. You got to deal with it, you got to come back."

James is currently deciding between re-signing with the Miami Heat or returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Ethan Skolnick/Bleacher Report

bob
MY NOTE:  LBJ didn't like Riley's statements that, essentially, "you can't win them all"?  Apparently LBJ has forgotten about Dan Gilbert declaring, when he took his talents to South Beach, that "the Cavaliers will win a championship before LeBron does".

LeBron is the most talented player on the planet, I don't think there's much question about that, but he thinks he s--ts Haagen-Daaz and he has an amazingly short memory.

This should also teach Riley a lesson too.  STFU after your team loses a championship.  Other than graciously congratulating the winner there is damn little you can say of an analytical nature that will be completely innocuous and not misconstrued by players, coaches and fans who just poured their hearts into a losing effort.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference Empty Re: LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference

Post by worcester Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Sh-----ing Haagen Daaz, now that is a novel concept. If we could just train cows to do that, think of the cost-efficiency. Would that require GMO labeling in Vermont?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference Empty Re: LeBron Didn't Care For Riley's End-Of-Season Press Conference

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 pm

worcester wrote:Sh-----ing Haagen Daaz, now that is a novel concept. If we could just train cows to do that, think of the cost-efficiency. Would that require GMO labeling in Vermont?

worcester,

Not if it's Ben & Jerry's, they are GMO-free.

"Sh---ing Ben & Jerry". Now there's a disturbing picture. Excuse me while I rinse and repeat.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:02 pm

It would obviously only come in one flavor.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:09 pm

worcester wrote:It would obviously only come in one flavor.

Would that be Ben or Jerry?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:36 pm

worcester wrote:It would obviously only come in one flavor.
Thank you for the laugh  Very Happy 
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Maybe others feel differently, but I liked Riley's press conference after the finals. The media talking heads were exploding with the notion that the championship era in Miami was over and that the Heat were exposed as LeBron's Cavs in Heat uniforms. The discussion in Miami was probably 10 times worse than it was in the national media, and the entourages for LeBron, Wade, and Bosh were probably panicking. Hysteria was ruling the day.

I thought Riley did a nice job of chiding everyone for overreacting and being the voice of angry reason in the midst of the maelstrom. He was the only one with the cajones and the experience to say that one bad loss in the postseason (1984 vs. Boston or, even worse, 1986 vs. Houston) doesn't mean it's all over. It's hard. You gotta be tough. You gotta stick with it, not run at the first sign of hardship.

Given the Heat's position, what's not to like about that message? That it wasn't coddling or indulgent to LeBron? Riley has been part of eight championship teams, and LeBron being part of two doesn't make him smarter than about this stuff than Riles.

This is the first time I've felt like he might actually go to Cleveland.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 pm

I don't believe Lebron was upset about the part of Riley's presser that discussed "you can't win them all".  Lebron himself said something to the affect that he would gladly take 2 out of 4.

The part he probably was upset about was the end of the quote above, "You got to deal with it, you got to come back" (with the same team).  It was kind of setting up Lebron to be a quitter if he doesn't come back with the Heat and give it another try, this time with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm with Outside on Riley's message, I liked it, for the reasons he states.  

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Worcester,

The one flavor would be methane.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Well if LeBron is .........and it is mixed with red............I guess you can rule out hemorrhoids knowing it probably IS BEN & JERRY'S ........................CHERRY GARCIA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down