Love To Cleveland?

3 posters

Go down

Love To Cleveland? Empty Love To Cleveland?

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Cavs Offer Waiters, Bennett, 1st Rounder To Wolves For Kevin Love
Jul 11, 2014 12:50 PM EDT

LeBron James referenced looking forward to playing with Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and Anderson Varejao in his essay announcing his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, but there was no mention of Andrew Wiggins or Anthony Bennett.

Wiggins has been rumored to be a necessary piece should the Cavaliers trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves with Kevin Love.

Chris Broussard of ESPN reports that the Cavaliers have offer Waiters, Bennett and a first round pick to the Wolves for Love.

Via RealGM Staff Report

ALSO:

Kevin Love Willing To Commit Long-Term To Cavs If Traded
Jul 11, 2014 1:26 PM EDT

Kevin Love is "intrigued" by the possibility of joining LeBron James with the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long-term if traded.

Love is seeking a trade this offseason ahead of his 2015 free agency.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Love To Cleveland? Empty Re: Love To Cleveland?

Post by willjr Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm

If Minny takes that offer they're nuts! We have comparable, dare I say better, talent to offer and way more draft picks. If Love has decided that with LeBron is where he wants to be, then I'm wondering if maybe we can once again be a 3rd team facillitator offering salary relief, young talent and draft picks to possibly pry Nikola Pekovic from the T'Wolves.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:38 pm

willjr wrote:If Minny takes that offer they're nuts! We have comparable, dare I say better, talent to offer and way more draft picks. If Love has decided that with LeBron is where he wants to be, then I'm wondering if maybe we can once again be a 3rd team facillitator offering salary relief, young talent and draft picks to possibly pry Nikola Pekovic from the T'Wolves.

Will,

Bennett should never have been the #1 pick, and God knows he didn't live up to it, but he was projected to be a lottery pick and that's not bad.

Wiggins is a bonafide talent, probably one of the top athletes coming out a draft in years and probably will be the best athlete coming out of the draft for a few years to come.

The draft pick, now that LBJ is there, is worthless.

Even so, this trade:

Love = Wiggins, Bennett + pick, does not work on the NBA trade machine. I couldn't use Wiggins since he hasn't been signed yet but I used Thompson's $5.1M salary as a comparable value (the #1 pick in the draft makes $5-6M).

There would have to be more leaving Cleveland.

You expect Flip Saunders to give up Love AND Pekovic? I don't see that happening.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm

A package including Wiggins I can see but Waiters, Bennett and what would be a low (24-30) draft pick isn't even worth considering. As far as Pekovic, tell Danny it doesn't hurt to ask.  Wink 
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:10 pm

I believe the Cavs could not trade Wiggins for a month or two after he is (eventually) signed. Perhaps they can, however, trade the rights to him before he signs.

It's not difficult to recognize the magnetism the name Lebron James has for someone like Love. What asset would the Celtics have to match that carrot? Big name stars? (Not Rondo, because the Cavs could easily counter with Irving.) A team on the rise toward contention? (I wish!) A successful college coach? (I don't think that'll carry a whole lot of weight with Love.) A tradition? (Nice try, but I believe today's stars are more absorbed with forming their own traditions.) A better living environment? (Undoubtedly provable but probably not all that too meaningful to someone who's main association with the town is that Rondo's always skulking around looking for autographs.)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down