Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF

4 posters

Go down

Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF Empty Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 am

Lakers Pencil In Carlos Boozer As Starting Small Forward
Jul 26, 2014 1:32 AM EDT

Carlos Boozer was introduced by the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday.

The Lakers were not optimistic about landing Boozer during the waiver claim process but did so with a $3.25 million bid.

Boozer heard the news from his agent.

"I was ecstatic and I was jumping up and down," Boozer said. "I went back out there and got two more hours in."

Boozer is penciled in as the Lakers' starting small forward, although he has played power forward throughout his 12-year NBA career.

Boozer said he believes he could play up to seven more seasons.

Via Mike Bresnahan/Los Angeles Times

bob
MY NOTE:  I don't know which is worse; a roster that has a 6'9", 280# PF playing center or one with a 6'9" PF playing SF?  You know, Jimbo, you don't have to throw the rook into the fire straight off.  You could let him come off the bench, play against weaker talent, and grow into his NBA career, at least for the first half of his first season. Well, they sure will be strong inside.  They'll also get run off the court if they're not careful.  I'm an unabashed fan of Carlos Boozer, but I don't think he's a player I want running SFs off the 3pt line.  That is not his game. They'll put a fake on him and drive down the lane like a walk in the park.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF Empty Re: Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF

Post by gyso Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 am

Bob,

I always liked Carlos Boozer as well. I also can't see him at the small forward position, I won't last very long into the season and they will see that.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF Empty Re: Boozer Penciled In As Lakers' Starting SF

Post by swish Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 am

bob

Could be a break even deal, with Boozer overpowering the opposition in the paint.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 pm

The Lakers are now officially a pathetic organization.

I used to marvel at how LA was always able to add quality high end players.   This team goes into the free agency period and has thus far come out holding the shi--y end of the stick.

I think players have asked themselves who is there that I want to play with?

And the answer is nobody unless one contemplates that burning desire to be on the same team with that over the hill, broke down  once great player, Kobe Bryant.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down