Paul Pierce Saw The 'Basketball Afterlife Ghost', Woke Up And Practiced Some Jump Shots

2 posters

Go down

Paul Pierce Saw The 'Basketball Afterlife Ghost', Woke Up And Practiced Some Jump Shots Empty Paul Pierce Saw The 'Basketball Afterlife Ghost', Woke Up And Practiced Some Jump Shots

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:41 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/paul-pierce-saw-a-ghost--practiced-some-jump-shots-202145494.html

Paul Pierce saw a ghost, practiced some jump shots
Kelly Dwyer By Kelly Dwyer
2 hours ago
Ball Don't Lie

Washington Wizards forward Paul Pierce could have retired after his last contract expired. He could have walked away from the NBA with a championship ring in hand, 10 All-Star games, more than 25,000 points and nearly $184 million in career earnings to his credit. After famously resisting a trade away from the Boston Celtics prior to the exchange that sent him to Brooklyn in 2013, it seemed likely that yet another change at age 36 (and soon to be 37) might be a little too wearying.

Instead, Pierce decided to join an up-and-comer, moving to Washington to play for the Wizards in 2014-15 and potentially the season after that (should he pick up his player option for 2015-16). Keeping up with the kids means settling into game shape, and lucky for Paul he has some otherworldly influences keeping him in check.

From his Twitter account, on Tuesday morning:

Paul Pierce ✔ @paulpierce34
Follow
Woke up and saw the basketball after life ghost in my room this morn they tried to suck me n I said no deal headed to the gym for the 17 yr
6:50 AM - 13 Aug 2014

OK. If your dad was on Twitter, he’d write things like this.

When I have sleeping issues, my go-to sleep aid is to visualize myself inside of some sort of Triangle-era Chicago Bulls or San Antonio Spurs-ish offense, ball moving, skip passes, sweet lay-ins, short shorts and reasonable facial hair – all sorts of cool stuff. I’ve never had a ghostly apparition inspire me to get out of bed and into the gym. You can tell by my jump shot’s limited range.

Also, “no deal” is the proper response to any ghost or goblin that is attempting to haunt you.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Paul Pierce Saw The 'Basketball Afterlife Ghost', Woke Up And Practiced Some Jump Shots Empty Re: Paul Pierce Saw The 'Basketball Afterlife Ghost', Woke Up And Practiced Some Jump Shots

Post by Sam Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Hope his decision doesn't come back to haunt him.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down