Sam
k_j_88
beat
worcester
bobheckler
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bradley:  Celtics Could 'Make A Lot Of Noise' - Page 3 Empty Re: Bradley: Celtics Could 'Make A Lot Of Noise'

Post by kdp59 Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Boy I was w....w...w.....wr......wr.....wro......wron.......wrong!

not only did the Celtics win 5-10 MORe games than i thought they would, the east was worst than I thought it would be also.

so much for that crystal ball thingy I guess.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Bradley:  Celtics Could 'Make A Lot Of Noise' - Page 3 Empty Re: Bradley: Celtics Could 'Make A Lot Of Noise'

Post by beat Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:58 pm

beat wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Sam were pretty deep at every position, there will be times we'll be exploited down low, but we should be able to run teams to death with our talented personnel and depth. Our backcourt is speedy, can't wait to see them create havoc and run, we have runners and athletes at the 1-2-3,  Green, Wallace, Turner and Young can all run. Sully should have a breakout year, throwing his weight around, he can move 4's easy. If Zeller can just hold his own and neutralize, not let opposing 5's run wild, give us 12-13 and 8 boards a game....with this dynamic backcourt, Rondo and AB blowing up and Smart attacking and manically adding his D, we can give teams trouble. This is a playoff team in the East.

Cow

A big if. We have a very tough first 20 games, very tough might even go 5-15 and if we do playoffs are a stretch. Even considering the weak east. That said if we can survive the first 20 games and be at 10-10, I like our chances to grab a 7th or 8th spot.

Bring on the camp

beat

Cow said we were a playoff team

And I called for the 7th or 8th seed albeit also saying we needed to go 10-10 early to do it.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Funny how some people can make contrary predictions.  But usually the earlier prediction is less likely to be correct than the more recent prediction (when everything is taking shape).  How can a person be more wrong as the moment of truth arrives?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Kj suggested that Boston could win 15 more games.

He was right on the money

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:47 pm

I actually thought we would/could have been that swarming deep team running the floor, so initially was optimistic that we would be a stronger better team. Was thinking of the younger version of Rondo and with 2 young defensive predators, AB and Smart next to him. Thought Sully would have a breakout year, was hoping he would be a double-double machine and if Jeff Green could improve a little and with Rondo helping him get some easier looks, plus with Evan Turner spelling Green and adding depth to the backcourt, I liked this team on paper.

Then the season started and we had a gaping hole at center defensively, which we still obviously do. Rondo while piling up assists, couldn't really lead a running team, or were too many other weaknesses on team that his production with his warts obviously couldn't lead the team in a positive enough direction....that Danny felt it was better to part with him. Obviously Danny felt the same way about Green talented, but too many issues to be a legit piece going forward.

So now here we are in the playoffs with a flawed team and a bunch of castaways all hustling and finding their niche collectively at some level. I would have prefered a 4% chance at a top 3 pick and will be pissed if Heat or Pacers get that lucky opportunity and at #16 instead of even #10 or #11, we easily could miss out on a talent like Myles Turner, a possible 7 foot stretch 4 with a legit stroke and shot blocking ability that could be perfect for Stevens system. I would have prefered a chance/opportunity to get the best pieces possible, as to me a team this weak and this weak in the middle is not representative of what this franchise is about.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 am

Cowens,

if Turner is your guy in this draft and more importantly if he's Danny's guy, then we'll have a chance to snag him IMO.

right now I have Turner going at #12 on my combined mock draft rankings. Not too far from the #16 pick. I am very sure that with our own pick, The nets pick AND Dallas pick next year in the first round, Ainge can easily swing a deal to move up 4 spots (or more).

Frankly I think we end only having three picks in the years draft, as I can see Ainge trading both #16 & 28 to move up .Maybe add a first from 2016 to move up even higher, if Ainge wants to move up for Cauley-Stein.

however IF Ainge is not enamored with anyone there, a guy like Poeitl (Utah) might well be available with #16 or players like Upshaw and D. Johnson at #28 or #33. While all three are lesser talents now than Turner or Cauley-stein none of us know what Danny thinks or will think come draft day.

I actually think Cauley-Stein is the better player for Boston and Stevens system (especially his defensive scheme) and the player best ready to make an impact earlier than Turner. I should note Turner may drop if there are real issues with his legs that NBA docs find.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2