Is he delusional?

5 posters

Go down

Is he delusional? Empty Is he delusional?

Post by sinus007 Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi,
I'm talking about Chalmers: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/mario-chalmers-offers-words-of-wisdom-for-lebron-james--new-supporting-cast-195139783.html

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Is he delusional? Empty Re: Is he delusional?

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Delusional would be quite the understatement. The Lebron oasis has dried up and now they are wandering around in a sweltering desert and the heat is finally getting to them.

Last year, the Heat were a .500 team in games when Lebron happened to be absent. Sure, they have a lot of veteran players, but the cobra has lost its venom. Chalmers is a poor excuse for a point guard and Wade is too old to be effective over the course of an entire season. Bosh and Deng will still be good players, but if those are your two best, your contending prospects aren't very good.

We will also see what Spoelstra is made of.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 am

they'll be better than we will.

Riley did a pretty good job of re-building on the fly after the king left him swinging, in my opinion.

and it wouldn't surprise me to see Miami take out Cleveland in the playoffs either.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 am

kdp59 wrote:they'll be better than we will.

Riley did a pretty good job of re-building on the fly after the king left him swinging, in my opinion.

and it wouldn't surprise me to see Miami take out Cleveland in the playoffs either.

kdp,

I agree with your thought on how well Riley rebuilt on the fly. He lost LBJ (a MONSTROUS hit for any GM), almost lost Bosh and replaced LBJ (if there is such a thing) with all-star Luol Deng and Danny Granger. Granger might not be who he used to be, but he's a pretty decent replacement for Shane Battier (not as strong on defense, but still probably more versatile on offense) and added Shabazz Napier to help prop up the delusional Mario Chalmers.

Knocking off LBJ, Love and Irving, though? I'm gonna wait to see how well Cleveland gels before I say that.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Riley may have some....uh...lets say connections..to make sure that they beat the King.

Ok Riley i'm joking..no realy I am......no need to send anyone over.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm interested to see what "Miami Heat Basketball" consists of without Lebron.  For the last several years, I've considered "Miami Heat Basketball" to be synonymous with "Lebron-centric Basketball."  Maybe Chalmers is referring to remaining vestiges of the Antoine Walker days.

As far as I'm concerned, talking about role players means virtually nothing unless the entire team is willing to think of themselves as role players.

Yes, some can stand out, become all-stars, and exert leadership when it's important to step up.  But, when a given player is looked at as an automatic panacea or default when things go wrong, watch out for the eventual thud.  From game to game, there's no set formula for winning.  Will Lebron take over tonight.  Or will he morph into Wilt Chamberlain mode by deciding to focus on a particular part of his game?  Or will he actually "get it" momentarily and become an enabler of the team—whatever needs that role demands on any given night?

Lebron probably thinks of himself as an enabler, because Lebron thinks of himself as representing all that is good in the basketball world.  But being an enabler, rather than a centerpiece, is not something that comes naturally to him; and his personal default is to take over when challenges arise.

I don't happen to agree that losing Lebron is a monstrous loss for any general manager.  Yes, the team is losing some wondrous skills.  But, in terms of enabling the entire team, there's such a thing as addition by subtraction.

My only question for Chalmers would be, "What was so different about playing with Lebron this season than in the previous championship seasons?"

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:14 pm

kdp59 wrote:they'll be better than we will.

That's not saying much. But they won't wow anybody.

kdp59 wrote:Riley did a pretty good job of re-building on the fly after the king left him swinging, in my opinion.

Riley did the most amount of damage control possible that anyone could expect to have been done.

kdp59 wrote:and it wouldn't surprise me to see Miami take out Cleveland in the playoffs either.

I don't know. It's hard to gauge where these teams will be. Miami's defense was really predicated on Lebron's play, as most of the guys on the team, with the exception of Cole, Battier, and Andersen, were rather lackluster defenders. They played effective team defense. But it will be interesting how well they play without him.

Cleveland probably won;t be a great defensive team, as Irving and Love are not exactly elite defenders by any stretch of even the most demented imagination.

Again, it's on 'Spo.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down