kdp59
swedeinestonia
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rondo trade rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Rondo trade rumour

Post by k_j_88 Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Well, well. Straight from Ainge's mouth:

“Yeah, I guess so,” Ainge said. “Just because there’s been a lot of people that have flat-out made stuff up and it’s become hot topics. Very credible people have made things up — and that even makes it worse.

“So, yeah, I think there’s probably a lot of people out there that have some sort of belief that there is some truth in the rumors that go on out there.”

The most notable offseason mention of Rondo’s future was made by ESPN reporter Jackie MacMullan, who in a behind-the-scenes segment on “Around the Horn” said Rondo wants out of Boston and has asked to be traded.

“I can’t say more emphatically, my hope is that we can have a long-term relationship,” Ainge said. “Players like Rondo are hard to find.

Not too long ago we were discussing the validity and appropriateness of MacMullan's statements regarding Rondo's future prospects in Boston.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:23 pm

KJ,

Is there a conclusion to draw from your last sentence?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:26 pm

I conclude from Danny's remarks that Jackie has been misinformed on the Rondo trade issue.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:41 pm

I can recommend a good public relations advisory book for those who believe Danny, Wyk, Rich Gotham, or Brad has unequivocally guaranteed that Danny Ainge will not be traded.  I believe the book is entitled, "Smoke and Mirrors."

And who can present ironclad proof that Danny hasn't simply been as unsuccessful in trading Rondo as he has been in creating other "fireworks" in this offseason?

Words are just words unless they accompany a statement in court.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Rondo.  For many reasons.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:28 pm

beat wrote:Ate some woodchuck once....

Tasted like hamburg......

beat

beat,

One day in October back in the mid 90's, I was driving down Rt. 7 on my way home from work.  That's a 55mph local road in Corinna, Maine.  I saw a puff of feathers blow off pickup truck's grill.  The pickup was coming at me and it literally happened in the blink of the eye.  I cannot explain it, but I knew exactly what happened.  I hit the brakes and noticed the pickup did not slow down.  I put my '92 Trooper in reverse and went to get the bird. It was a ruffed grouse, what we locals called a pahtridge.  Oddly enough, it was bird hunting season and I had my license.

Anyway, it was still alive, but not by much.  I twisted its neck to put it out of its misery and threw it on the floor behind my driver's seat.  I took it home, took off its feathers, cleaned it out, set the oven and baked it.  It was absolutely the best pahtridge I had ever eaten.  Do you know why?  Because I could confidently chew the dang thing without worrying about biting down on a lead pellet!!  Plus, it may have been slightly tenderized by the impact.

Grill to plate in less than one hour!!

True story, I kid you not.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2