Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics

5 posters

Go down

Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics Empty Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:23 pm

There were 3 cuts the other day:  Chris Johnson, Chris Babb and Christian Watford.  Watford, apparently, just re-signed.  I'm sure there's some reason for why he was cut and then re-signed, but I don't know it.

Doesn't matter, I think he's just camp fodder anyway.

Christian Watford To Re-Sign With Celtics After Release
Sep 26, 2014 4:40 PM EDT

After being released Friday, Christian Watford has agreed on a new training camp contract to re-sign with the Boston Celtics on Monday, league sources told RealGM.

Watford had signed a one-year contract for training camp with the Celtics, and he'll re-sign for the same terms once he clears waivers.

Watford, a sharpshooting forward, went undrafted in 2013 after playing at Indiana.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics Empty Re: Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics

Post by gyso Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:54 pm

bob,

My guess is that the new contract allows him to be assigned to the Red Claws after training camp is over, bypassing the DL draft.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics Empty Re: Christian Watford RE-signs with Celtics

Post by gyso Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:12 am

bob,

The Celts-Cavs trade was a 1 for 4 deal, with the Celtics having to take in 3 extra players.  The 20-man roster limit for the start of preseason camp was the reason people started dropping like flies around Boston the other day.  Watford wasn't part of the Celts-Cavs trade.

The net result leaves us with 19 players with a spot left open for Evan Turner.  I'm not sure of the actual timeline, but here goes:

Boston waived guard Chris Babb and forwards Chris Johnson and Christian Watford to make room for the Celts-Cavs 1 for 4 trade.

Cleveland traded guard John Lucas, forwards Dwight Powell, Erik Murphy and Malcolm Thomas, 2016 and 2017 second-round picks and a trade exception to Boston for guard Keith Bogans and two future conditional second-round picks.

Boston signs Christian Watford. (not confirmed by HoopsHype)
Boston signs Evan Turner. (not confirmed by HoopsHype)

Oh yeah, there is something else:
Miami signed guard Chris Johnson.  Did he change from a forward to a guard in one day, or is there another Chris Johnson kicking around?

From Hoopshype:

http://hoopshype.com/transactions.htm

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 am

I think the Chris Johnson Miami signed was the 6-11 stick vet center who's bounced around for a more a couple years now in and out of the NBA.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:31 am

kdp59 wrote:I think the Chris Johnson Miami signed was the 6-11 stick vet center who's bounced around for a more a couple years now in and out of the NBA.

That means there are three Chris Johnsons bouncing, hanging or kicking around the fringes for the NBA.  The two I mention are listed as a guard and a forward (our ex) and the one you mention (at 6-11) probably isn't one of those.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Even the press got confused. Can anyone see what is wrong with this article?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/26/miami-heat-sign-forward-chris-johnson/

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Thank god they re-signed Watford.  Now we're assured of a championship.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:25 pm

sam wrote:Thank god they re-signed Watford.  Now we're assured of a championship.

Sam

True... but when?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down