A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness

5 posters

Go down

A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness Empty A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-few-random-thoughts-on-rondo.html

A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness 1%2Baaaa%2Brandom%2Bthoughts%2BCG

The wait is finally over and the 2014-15 season is finally here.  Today will be media day and Celtics.com should have streaming coverage of the festivities.  NBA-TV is set to cover media day but will probably cover every team BUT the Celtics, seeing as how the league doesn't see them being fit for national TV this season.  CSNNE doesn't have any coverage listed on their schedule but they will probably have the usual 3 minutes on Sportsnet Central between all the Patriots and Red Sox coverage.

We've been promised more info from Rondo today at Media Day.  I will take this moment for a brief rant.  Even with the injuries, there is no doubt that Rajon Rondo is one of the top PG's in the league.  Fans from most other teams are chomping at the bit to try to get him on their team.   He may be stubborn and doesn't always play nice with the media, but on the court, he is one of the best at what he does.

The guy has high basketball IQ.  He makes his teammates better by finding them in the right spots to score.  But yet, every little thing that happens sprouts a new wave of trade Rondo talk.  He breaks a bone in his hand when he slipped in the shower and suddenly there articles about how it couldn't possibly happen that way.  

He was at a trampoline park that day so he had to break it there.  Yes, he was at the trampoline park that day for his daughter's birthday party.  Several employees as well as the owner of that park have come out and said that Rondo didn't jump and was just there watching his daughter.

Ok then,  he must have broken it punching a wall.  You can't break that bone in a fall.  It had to be his temper then.  Again, that is just people spouting things without doing any research, hoping to stir something up. The injury he suffered could very well be from a fall in the shower.
Rondo suffered a metacarpal fracture in his left, non-shooting hand. The metacarpals are situated between the carpal bones of the wrist and the bones of the finger and serve as an anchor site for muscle attachment. Additionally the tops of the metacarpals form the knuckles. This positioning leaves them vulnerable to breaking following a direct blow, an axial load (like a punch), or a fall onto outstretched hand (FOOSH). Two of these classic mechanisms of injury, a FOOSH and an axial load, fall in line with reports that Rondo slipped getting out of the shower and hit his hand.

Every day there is an article out there about how the Celtics need to trade Rondo. There is speculation about how Danny can't wait to get rid of him. There are stories that Brad Stevens, like Doc Rivers, doesn't get along with him. After the news of his hand injury there were several articles about how the injury would damage his value.

In spite of all this, Danny Ainge, Brad Stevens and Wyc Grousbeck have all had nothing but praise for Rondo. All have said that they want to keep him. All have said that he is a big part of what they want to do in Boston. I believe them because if they want to draw in free agents next off season, Rondo is one of their biggest selling points. Most of his teammates, past and present love him. Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce couldn't say enough good things about him.

So, Ray Allen didn't like him. Ray is a bit of an odd guy anyway. I think Ray's problem with Rondo stemmed from Rondo's desire to have Avery Bradley start at the 2 rather than Ray. Doc Rivers, in spite of rumors that they didn't get along, has had nothing but good things to say about him and Rondo said that he and Doc still text each other often.

Danny Ainge is clearly getting tired of the rumors.

The 2014-15 NBA season hasn't even started, and Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge is already tired of the Rajon Rondo trade questions.

“You are seriously asking me that again?” Ainge said with disdain after a reporter inquired about Rondo’s future with the team. “We expect Rajon to be in Boston – for the long term. Does that need to be asked anymore by anybody ever again?”

“I think there’s been a lot of people that just have flat-out made stuff up, and it’s become hot topics. Very credible people have made things up and that even makes it worse,” Ainge said. “So yeah, I think that there’s probably a lot of people out there who still have some sort of belief that there is some truth in the rumors that go on out there. But I can’t say more emphatically, my hope is that we can have a long-term relationship.

“Players like Rondo are hard to find. Here we are trying to make big deals, and it’s hard to make big deals…it’s hard to get free agents without players with some cache. And Rondo is our best player, simply.”

While Danny hasn't always been the pinacle of honesty with the fans and won't tip his hand when he is up to something, he's been very consistent in saying he wants to keep Rondo. And I think he's onto something when he says that a lot of people are making things up to get page views and for their own ends. I'm going to go on the record to say that I love Rondo. I want him to stay in Boston for the long run. A 6-8 week delay in his season for an injury to his off hand isn't going to derail his entire season as some are saying.   Now, let's move on to some Celtics' basketball!!!!  

bob
MY NOTE:   Personally, I don't understand all the drama surrounding the how and how of Rondo's injury.  Let's remember Danny and the Celtics are under no obligation to tell us the truth about injuries.  Besides, who cares if he fell in the shower, fell off a trampoline or was playing "air drums" at the dinner table and accidentally actually hit a rim shot on the side of a table?  Media days bore me because all the players, coaches and management say the same things (e.g.  "it's a new year", "I feel great", "I'm looking forward to playing with this coach and teammates", "I think we're going to surprise people", etc) but I put up with them because tomorrow, just 24 hours from now, they're doing 2-a-days and suicides (well, they are, I'm admiring from a healthy distance).

Last edited by bobheckler on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness Empty Re: A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 pm

ou hit it on the head, Bob. I live here, I listen to these idiots day in and day out ripping Rondo apart. It is what it is, BROKEN. Nothing we say or do will change that. I have said from the beginning that even if the Celtics know the truth, or really believe he broke it in the shower, WE WILL NEVER KNOW. I have never read so many conspiracy theories in my life. God, they are lucky Bill Belichek is not in Danny's shoes, he would just stand there and stare at them after he answered the first question.

Move on everyone, the season is five weeks away, knowing Rondo he will be practicing sooner than later and it will all be behind us.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness Empty Re: A Few Random Thoughts On The Rondo Foolishness

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Oh my, a sensible article about the Rondo situation? I may pass out from sheer excitement.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:55 pm

It's laughable how entitled so many fans feel regarding confidential team information.  As for Media Day, I believe the collection of media types represents a great opportunity to lock the majority of them up for the next 10 months or so.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

bobheckler wrote:MY NOTE:   Personally, I don't understand all the drama surrounding the how and how of Rondo's injury.  Let's remember Danny and the Celtics are under no obligation to tell us the truth about injuries.  Besides, who cares if he fell in the shower, fell off a trampoline or was playing "air drums" at the dinner table and accidentally actually hit a rim shot on the side of a table?  Media days bore me because all the players, coaches and management say the same things (e.g.  "it's a new year", "I feel great", "I'm looking forward to playing with this coach and teammates", "I think we're going to surprise people", etc) but I put up with them because tomorrow, just 24 hours from now, they're doing 2-a-days and suicides (well, they are, I'm admiring from a healthy distance).

Bob,

You nailed it here.  Somehow Rondo has become the poster boy for gossip central and it's gotten old.

He broke his hand, that's it.  Now we have to have numerous doctors testify that it is indeed a break consistent with bracing against a fall.  Incredible.

The latest AP report this morning has Rondo saying he wants to stay, Wyc wants him and Danny too.  Brad and Rondo apparently are getting matching tatoos and forming a mutual admiration society.  Yes there is contract negotiation and free agency; hey, he's going to try and get the best deal he can, he's not stupid. Quite the opposite, this is one smart hombre.

I think somewhere around now we start practicing or something.  Maybe we can focus on that instead.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Bring them on!!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Bring them on!!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down