ESPN Predicts 26 Wins For Celtics

3 posters

Go down

ESPN Predicts 26 Wins For Celtics Empty ESPN Predicts 26 Wins For Celtics

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:50 pm

ESPN (Exceptionally Stupid People Network) are apparently either unimpressed with us or very impressed with the rest of the EC or both.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11670109/power-rankings

I will say this: IF they are right, and we only win 26 games this year, that would be a real body blow because it would mean we made virtually no progress from last year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

ESPN Predicts 26 Wins For Celtics Empty Re: ESPN Predicts 26 Wins For Celtics

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:42 am

I think we can do a little better than 26.

However, (my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek in case anyone wonders) let me be the first to root for exactly that so we can land Jahlil Okafor in the draft.

Our rebuilding strategy seems to have us positioning for a trade, freeing up money for future signings and gathering draft picks.  A good trifecta, but therefore the roster will probably continue to change.  That brings frequent periods of adjustment which will make maintaining a cohesive group a near-term challenge.  

Based on who we have now, anyway, I think 30 wins is tough, but not completely unrealistic.

Personally, I expect it to take at least another 4 or 5 years to become a fairly competitive playoff team again. I won't jump out the window if we win somewhere in that 25-30 range this season.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:50 pm

NYCelt

" Our rebuilding strategy seems to have us positioning for a trade, freeing up money for future signings and gathering draft picks. A good trifecta, but therefore the roster will probably continue to change. That brings frequent periods of adjustment which will make maintaining a cohesive group a near-term challenge."

I agree exactly with your above opinion and I would add that I wouldn't worry about cohesiveness until the team has a roster that is ready to make a serious challenge for the title.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down