NBA To Increase China Cooperation, Considering Morning Matches

2 posters

Go down

NBA To Increase China Cooperation, Considering Morning Matches Empty NBA To Increase China Cooperation, Considering Morning Matches

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:49 pm

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/nba_coverage/2014/10/nba_to_increase_china_cooperation_considering_morning

NBA to increase China cooperation, considering morning matches

Tuesday, October 21, 2014
By:  Patrick Frater

NBA's Brooklyn Nets hope to boost global...
Reuters

The National Basketball Association is considering rescheduling some Major League basketball matches in order to grow audiences in China.

The possible move emerged as the organization unveiled a multi-year partnership with China's Ministry of Education to develop sports educational in China.

The education deal is expected to provide enhanced fitness and basketball training to at least 3 million school and college students by 2017.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver said the partnership will help "our long-standing commitment with the Chinese Basketball Association to grow the game in China."

Late last week Silver said that the NBA is considering playing some U.S. East Coast matches in the morning, rather than the usual evening slots, in order to screen them live in China, which is seen as one of the sport's biggest growth markets.

"I think it will make sense to play some of our games in the east coast in the morning, so that viewers in China can watch those games in prime time," Silver said last week. The possible move was endorsed by former Houston Rockets star Yao Ming.

The NBA currently has relationships with several TV and digital media outlets in China, including a partnership of more than 25 years with national broadcaster CCTV. The league has played 18 games in China since 2004 and NBA China employs 115 people in four offices (Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei) in the Greater China region.

bob
MY NOTE:  Oh, yeah, I'm sure this will improve the game immensely by screwing up the players' sleep patterns even more.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA To Increase China Cooperation, Considering Morning Matches Empty Re: NBA To Increase China Cooperation, Considering Morning Matches

Post by Sam Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:24 pm

The NBA has Thunder Sticks.  I can just envision the Chinese fans waving their little chopsticks.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down