THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!! GO CELTS!!

+17
spike
gyso
KellyGreen17
NYCelt
Jerry Tarkanian
steve3344
RosalieTCeltics
bigpygme
cowens/oldschool
bobc33
beat
dboss
jeb
bobheckler
MDCelticsFan
Sam
21 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!!  GO CELTS!! - Page 6 Empty Re: THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!! GO CELTS!!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:45 pm

A win is a win is a win!! It was good to see them finally come out on the winning side of a game that is decided in the last few seconds! Perk finally came alive tonight also, which was a great sign.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!!  GO CELTS!! - Page 6 Empty Re: THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!! GO CELTS!!

Post by jeb Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 pm

rosie t

Ray was a serious dude last night
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Let's hope he comes out shooting again tonight because they are going to need him.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 am

We've had a rough couple of months and lots of injuries, yet still have the 5th best record in the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:18 am

rosalie

ray ray ray ray
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:18 am

glimmer

1. celtic pride
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:22 am

So many of us, especially me, thought we should trade Ray to have any chance at #18. Who knew he'd revert to his all star form after the break? Good judgment Danny.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 am

bobc33 wrote:We've had a rough couple of months and lots of injuries, yet still have the 5th best record in the league.

bob,

We've got the 4th best record in the league, not the 5th (actually virtually tied for third) :

Cle. - .768
L.A. - .750
Orl. - .661
Bos. - .660
Den. - .655

And we actually have one fewer loss than Orlando for the third best record.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:07 am

Cow, I took the liberty of folding in your #40 with my earlier "stingy defense" item. Hope that's okay.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:15 am

Celts @ Blazers:

# 40: Continued knack for getting off to fast starts and making the opponent play catch-up.

# 41: Sustained effort and execution at both ends for virtually the entire game.

# 42: Ability to put together runs (9-1, 15-2), which have always been a Celtic hallmark.

# 43: Defense becoming a reliable force in stifling opponent comebacks.

# 44: Ray Allen putting down the offensive hammer whenever opponents start to gain momentum.

# 45: Both starting and bench units demonstrating improved chemistry and determination.

# 46: Glen Davis asserting himself down low and in taking charges.

# 47: Celtics have taken 144 charges this season...20 more than any other team.

# 48: KG looking a little more agile on defense to accompany his great energy on offense.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:32 am

This was a terrific game for the Celtics, although Roy was definitely not himself. I thought KG look great in the first half, he adds such energy to the first unit and gets them moving when he is "on". Again, Paul seems to be forcing things that aren't there, but I give him an Aplus for even being out on the floor. You can tell he is not himself yet and that had really bothered him last night. I was glad to see him rest alot in the second half.

But.....the big thing was to see Ray come out and have a terrific game again both offensively and defensively. He proves over and over what an asset he is to this team.

The second unit is starting to learn how to play with each other, they will have to wait on Robinson until next week for their firepower. You know, as good as TA can be at times, boy, does he make some crazy mistakes out there. If he only could get that under control he would be a real weapon.

So far so good on this road trip, even though they are killing me because I am getting little to no sleep!! It takes me an hour or two after the game just to be ready to go to sleep. Then it's time to get up. Denver is going to be a real test tomorrow, they will have to bring the "A" game to have a chance of winning. The way they are playing, though, anything is possible!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:00 am

steve3344 wrote:
bobc33 wrote:We've had a rough couple of months and lots of injuries, yet still have the 5th best record in the league.

bob,

We've got the 4th best record in the league, not the 5th (actually virtually tied for third) :

Cle. - .768
L.A. - .750
Orl. - .661
Bos. - .660
Den. - .655

And we actually have one fewer loss than Orlando for the third best record.

Even better! Thanks Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:17 am

Rosalie,

You've been in Ray's corner every step of the way. He should be dedicating every point to you. Maybe he is!

I'm not sure Tony would be a better player if he got his mistakes under control. I believe the mistakes are an outgrowth of the same energetic kamikaze approach that yields the positives. It may be like love and marriage...you can't have one without the other.

We all have to be patient with this team because, as nice as the West Coast winning streak has been, they're not going to approach true contending status overnight. There will be a lot of bumps in the road, and I can already envision all the posts calling them "trick or treaters" or something similar. But that's how progress works, and I've sometimes used children's learning curves as examples...sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back.

You're right. When they finish with Denver (I'm hoping for the best there), the next challenge will be assimilating Robinson. Who knows? That could be one of those bumps in the road. And I'm already girding myself to address the first salvo of hand-wringing complaints that Nate's not a perfect fit immediately.

These can be the times that try men's and women's souls for sure. But they're also times that can give all of us a better feel for the ebbs and flows and rhythms that make professional basketball so fascinating. It's not meant to be easy because there are 29 other teams out there that are bent on making it difficult. Improvement seldom happens miraculously fast, especially when that improvement is predicated on the synergy between five people rather than just the fortunes of an individual.

That's why it's important to enjoy the ride, seek out the glimmers, and appreciate those "moments of aha" (as one friend puts it) when the glimmers begin to show even tiny signs of very gradual improvement. Being passionate about a pro basketball team is not nearly all about the end result...any more than a parent can put a five year old on a bus for the first time and hang the high school diploma on the wall the very next day.

Here's to the process...and to the Boston Celtics...and to all the people on this board who are such great fans!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:27 am

Small glimmer

KG has had 5 blocks over the past 2 games. Only time he exceeded that was the first two games of the season when he had 3 each.

Peerhaps he's getting just a bit more comfortable and trusting of the leg!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 am

Great observation, Beat. It almost seems as though he had previously set the all-star break as the point when he could stop being so tentative/protective and could gradually become a little more aggressive. Perhaps that could be wishful thinking.

But supporting your theory is the fact that he seems to have amped up his "attitude" as well. I've felt he was being uncharacteristically laid-back, and I've believed that was because he didn't feel physically able to back up a really edgy 'tude. I sense that's now changing somewhat. And, very possibly it's wishful thinking.

We'll see. At least he should not be severely taxed physically when they meet the Nuggets. Should be a good game, depending on the latest news from the medical front.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:10 am

Sam wrote:Cow, I took the liberty of folding in your #40 with my earlier "stingy defense" item. Hope that's okay.

Sam

oh right Sam,I should have just made my comment that it was the best 7 min stretch for the defense all season.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 am

Cow,

It was a great seven-minute stretch. Obviously, Kobe would have changed the dynamic, but that's not the point because we can't be worried about opponents' woulda shoulda coulda. The point is that the Celtics are now starting to display the kind of signature defense that has been their trademark during the Garnett era.

As Doc said, the defense is now at the point where it can compensate for offensive droughts (just as it sometimes did during the championship season). Last night, in addition to the great defense, there were two major Celtics offensive runs, which definitely outweighed the one Celtics offensive lapse. That's a superior formula for success.

One way to ascertain whether the Celtics offense and defense are feeding off one another in sync is to look for runs. It's been that way since they signed Russell...and never truer than today.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:10 am

Sam right and I love the way we've been running lately off steals and defensive stops,Rondo is such a force in that area and KG had me screaming a couple times running down floor,these old guys can still rock and roll.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Celts @ Nuggets:

# 49: KG with the wrap off, spring around the floor, blocking shots, hitting jumpers, pressing in the backcourt, and looking genuinely frisky in 31 minutes.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm

sam

i did not notice the brace was off. that IS good news.

I'm going to say quis was a glimmer on o. He has been struggling to score and did a lot of good work out there today.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:40 pm

KG reminds me of Forsberg if anybody knows their hockey.

The dude never gives up, too much heart for their own good and they are both BACK (more or less).
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:41 pm

jeb65 wrote:sam

i did not notice the brace was off. that IS good news.

I'm going to say quis was a glimmer on o. He has been struggling to score and did a lot of good work out there today.

did not notice it either and having my knee disconnected a few times myself it is great news.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 pm

also the team has shown what their d can do. Really tough interior d all 4 games.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

What is wrong? We are positive after a 10+ point loss Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm

When they tied at 66-66 I was pretty up...then it all fell apart
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next