THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!! GO CELTS!!

+17
spike
gyso
KellyGreen17
NYCelt
Jerry Tarkanian
steve3344
RosalieTCeltics
bigpygme
cowens/oldschool
bobc33
beat
dboss
jeb
bobheckler
MDCelticsFan
Sam
21 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!!  GO CELTS!! - Page 7 Empty Re: THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!! GO CELTS!!

Post by jeb Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 pm

worcester

never been prouder of em. they fought. showed heart. PRIDE.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!!  GO CELTS!! - Page 7 Empty Re: THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!! GO CELTS!!

Post by jeb Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 pm

swede

it was a fine road trip...plenty of reasons to be happy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:34 pm

And you all wanted to trade WHO???????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:38 pm

rosalie t

Your man is lookin good.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 pm

jeb65 wrote:worcester

never been prouder of em. they fought. showed heart. PRIDE.

This is right on Jeb. When was the last time we saw the C's try to trap at the end of a game that's seemingly out of reach? If it weren't for the first quarter, we probably could have won that game. A loss is a loss, but I saw a lot of good things.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I like it when I hear either via the announcers/analysts or written in the press that the Celtics play like a college team. While there are many reasons to consider that a negative, it is a great compliment. It's referring to their defense and pressing bringing the ball up court, trapping and fouling early on towards the end of the game, among other things.

I am starting to hear that comment again and again over the last couple of weeks after a long, oh, 25 game absense. Great news!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Small stat
KG with multiple blocks in 3 straight games, the first time this season!
(granted they are 2-3-2)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Swede, you are confusing this site with BDC. There, the season is already over. A 10 point loss @ DEN only serves as nails in the coffin for them. Our motto promotes convivial discussions (and attitude for that matter!). Never heard that word before this site was put up!! I still haven't looked that word up yet, but Latin says con=with, viv=life, lively. Sorry, my dad was big on Latin derivations. Its spilled over!

Once again, and we don't say it enough...THANK YOU SAM (et al) for rescuing and saving us all from the pits of hell!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm

kelly g

If I see maximum effort and heart I will never complain. All the way to the end...if we lose in the second round and all the gloom and doomers over at espn are right but do it playing with all we got I am fine with that.

But to see a lcak of effort and pride just cuts me to the bone.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm

dbrown

this pretty much sums it up (Sam's on the right talking to Dudder)

THE CELTICS GLIMMER THREAD - 70+, STILL GOING STRONG!!  GO CELTS!! - Page 7 Mban2210
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Swede, you are confusing this site with BDC. There, the season is already over. A 10 point loss @ DEN only serves as nails in the coffin for them. Our motto promotes convivial discussions (and attitude for that matter!). Never heard that word before this site was put up!! I still haven't looked that word up yet, but Latin says con=with, viv=life, lively. Sorry, my dad was big on Latin derivations. Its spilled over!

Once again, and we don't say it enough...THANK YOU SAM (et al) for rescuing and saving us all from the pits of hell!!

conduct - with ventilation
confuse - with a charge
confound - to establish with
contrail - with a path
conceal - airtight

Fortification - a large fort
Ratification - a large rodent
Ramification - a large sheep
Amplification - a large amplifier
Pacification - a large ocean

dbrown, before your head explodes, please understand this is humor. I know that 'pacification' meaning a large ocean is redundant.

redundant - done twice
descendant - going down twice
abundant - two pieces of dinner bread

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Beat,

Nice waistline. Thanks a lot.

Although the wings could come in handy!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes, they fought, but Paul playing with a bad hand almost clinched the loss. He shouldn't have played, but there is no real adequate sub for him.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 pm

worcester

He played fierce d.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Only glimmers I saw were Ray Allen and The Celtic's defense when it mattered most.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Celts vs. Knicks:

# 50: Nate Robinson joins the team and, with virtually no orientation to the system, demonstrates how he can catch and shoot, pressure the defense, and find the open man.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:43 pm

sam

I didnt see much of nate...good stuff huh?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 pm

The kid has energy and drive - good qualities for someone 5'9" in the NBA
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am

hell guys lookin at the box score I have to say

KG nice floor game 6 dimes

Quis

Rajon Rondo just so we dont start taking him for granted.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:39 am

And, of course Ray, who provided most of their fire power early. He really looks great these days.

Rondo is passing the ball well, at times he needs to slow himself down because not everyone moves quite as quickly as he does.

Marquis look terrific. He is just scratching the tip of the iceberg of what he can do for this team. He really is a smart player.

KG, looked great in the first half, seemed to run out of gas a little in the second half, but his line is still terrific. I would take it any day!!

Cleveland on Thursday. Looking forward to this one. I hope PP is back for this game, but I am not so sure about that.

Not much to see of Nate tonight, he is just getting acclimated to the team so I look for better things in the weeks to come.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 am

Jeb,

Nate was obviously out of sync at both ends of the floor. A couple of the Knicks' baskets in the second quarter were scored because he didn't rotate on help coverage. On offense, he had little or no idea where his teammates would be at any given time. Nonetheless, he went up fearlessly with shots (2-7) and had nice inside-out assist to Scal for a three. Nate also had two steals in his 16 minutes and indicated a facility for pressuring the ball on defense and hitting the open man.

To Doc's credit, he gave Nate the minutes rather than overplaying any starter more than 39 minutes, despite the absence of one of his starters. Pretty good player management.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 am

KG running the floor without a noticeable limp.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 am

jeb65 wrote:sam

I didnt see much of nate...good stuff huh?

you missed him?hes the shortest guy on the floor

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:10 am

rosie t

I mentioned Ray earlier. He looks PISSED. In a Ray Allen kind of way. You should not forget about Jesus Shuttlesworth!

Cow...dinna see the first half, or most of it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 am

Heckler, very funny! I got it. It seems the 2 showers did you well! That's the only problem with these forums, the humor element normally doesn't come through or is misunderstood. Thanks for the laugh. db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next