kdp59
Sam
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GLIMMER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: GLIMMER THREAD

Post by Sam Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:52 pm

db,

A perfect example of a glimmer. Bodes well for the future. Appears to be a significant trend. Why not?

My rule of thumb has always been that 60% is a very healthy figure for A/FD. It seems like a very significant glimmer that, as Brad's motion offense starts to look like a trend that's really catching on, assistance from all quarters are part of the trend.

Good one!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Sam,

That's what I said, except for the words and stuff.  

Wink

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:18 am

This is what I posted on the 'Celtics do something special" thread.

MY NOTE:  Does "character" and "grit" on a trip like this qualify as a "glimmer"? How about winning?  Even if we lose against Minny we will still go home with a winning, 3-2, road trip where we played 4 games in 5 days. Say what you will about Brad's lineups and substitutions and love of the 3-ball, he and his staff have done a spectacular job of getting this team to focus through some serious turbulence. Remember when Perk got traded, how we went into a little swoon? That was with a bunch of old "seen it all" veterans and future HOFers. Brad has kindergarteners (except for Prince) playing winning basketball, losing so far only to the best team in basketball by 3 points (and they got a 3 point gift at the half from the refs).

I miscounted we were 3-2 at the time and heading to Denver.

You have to look at both individual development and team development.  I haven't watched any games, so I cannot speak to individual development but going .500 on a west coast road trip (with 4 games in 5 days with over 2000 miles traveled already) is what solid playoff teams do, they win at home and then go take one away from their opponents in their house.  Next step in team development?  Holding court at home.  That should be the easier one to do, but not for this crew, not season-to-date.

Still, if it's all about the team, and the team is about Ws and not player stats, then we might be sniffing at a glimmer here.

Could the league be seeing us in April?  We are only 2 games out of 8th place and the Nets are struggling.  Granted that is more about the pathetic-ness of the EC than us but playoff experience is playoff experience.  Every team that goes deep into the playoffs has it and there is only one way to get it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Good one, Bob. Of course, you jinxed them in Minny. Only kidding. With this team, even if they should make the Playoffs, the yardstick of success will never be wins. It'll be growth and preparation for what lies beyond. And, so far, although the future is unknown, I'm pretty impressed.

Nice glimmer.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Double glimmer alert.

Isaiah Thomas named EC Player of the Week and Brad Stevens nominated for Coach of the Month.

These acclamations come as a result of achievements and not from fan voting.  Isaiah came in and, in his first full week as a Celtic, put up numbers good enough to beat out a lot of players for this award, the first Celtic since Sully in 2013.

We were 7-4 in February.  That tied us with the eventual COM winner, Frank Vogel of Indy, and was as good as any other team's record in the east.  Some of those wins were tough ones on the road in the WC.  One of them was against the 2nd best team in the league, the Atlanta Hawks.  Brad Stevens is milking every last possible edge out of his players.  Rondo used to be the hub the team wheel revolved around.  Now, it's Brad Stevens.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:36 am

The glimmers are starting to come fast and furiously.  Actually, these two are really extension of the two BobH posted above, but with a little more focus on implications.

• With the advent of Isaiah Thomas, the bench has taken a step in the direction of perpetual motion and perpetual pace.  And, despite the more frenetic moments that can cause, they're also taking better care of the ball and finishing a much higher percentage of fast breaks.

• Brad Stevens' play calling has reached another level of excellence.  He does keep it relatively simple, but he also keeps it unpredictable.  Most of all, he keeps surprising opponents.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Here is one
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Boy was I WRONG on Jeff Green.

To think where this franchise was, that we were trying to get excited about Rondo, Zeller and Jeff Green....amazing to have such a young stacked team like we have now. Amazing unbelievable transformation. From where we were then to where we are now....I’m blown away!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2