Fav: I can't do anything on the court now

Go down

Fav: I can't do anything on the court now Empty Fav: I can't do anything on the court now

Post by k_j_88 Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:32 pm

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/faverani-i-cant-do-anything-court-now?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Faverani: "I can't do anything on the court now."

November 22, 2014, 6:15 pm

WALTHAM, Mass. — When the Boston Celtics signed Vitor Faverani last year, he was seen as a bit of a mystery.

The same can be said of his return to the Celtics lineup as he recovers from a left knee injury that he sustained near the end of last season and re-aggravated prior to the start of this season.

"We don't talk about the time (to return)," Faverani said. "This is the second surgery in one year. We don't talk about the time; just try to get better, faster."

Both injuries required surgery with the first coming on March 7 to repair a torn lateral meniscus. The second was performed last month in Spain by a different doctor.

Faverani explained his decision to have a different physician perform the second surgery.

"He's my doctor for all my life," Faverani said. "So yeah, more comfortable with him."

Faverani, who says the knee is progressing, has been limited to working in the pool and doing some light stationery bike running with the possibility of doing some actual running next week.

"I can't do anything on the court now," he said.

And that has been a tough pill for Faverani to swallow, well aware that the starting job at center was wide open coming into this season.

"It's tough. But ... this is my first injury," he said. "I'm just happy to have great doctors, great therapy guys and just try to get better."

While he remains uncertain when he will return, Faverani does plan on playing for the Celtics this season.

"Sure, I'm here," he said. "I work to get back to playing basketball. So we just wait, wait for my knee."

As a rookie last season, Faverani averaged 4.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. He didn't waste any time making an impact with a career-high 13 points in a season-opening loss at Toronto. He followed that with a career-high 18 rebounds in a home loss to Milwaukee.

From there, his play became more inconsistent with nagging injuries such as a sore back, factoring into his playing time becoming more limited.

The last time the 6-foot-11-inch big man played in a five-on-five game was Feb. 4 against the Philadelphia 76ers' Development League affiliate, the Delaware 87ers. That is the game in which he suffered the knee injury, limiting him to two points in six minutes of action.

"It was a long time ago," Faverani said. "I just remember playing and it hurt my knee."

---

Well now. I guess that settles that question.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down