Injury addition: Thornton (calf) out vs. Philly

2 posters

Go down

Injury addition: Thornton (calf) out vs. Philly Empty Injury addition: Thornton (calf) out vs. Philly

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:57 pm

ESPNBOSTON

By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics backup shooting guard Marcus Thornton suffered a strained left calf during Sunday's practice and will not travel with the team for Monday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Thornton, who has been playing some of his best ball of the season in recent games, had put himself in position for more minutes moving forward, but the injury offers a bit of a speed bump in that progress.

Before Sunday's practice, Celtics coach Brad Stevens noted, "Marcus Thornton has given us a chance in a few of the last games. He’s playing pretty darn well right now."

Thornton is averaging a career-low 15.4 minutes per game this season and had struggled to consistently generate a spark off the bench early in the season. He had a season-high 21 points against Washington last week and followed with solid outings against Charlotte (16 points) and New York (13) while shooting 51.4 percent overall (18 of 35) and 47 percent beyond the 3-point arc (8 of 17).

Asked about enduring inconsistent minutes, Thornton said, "It's very tough because of the competitor that I am. It is what it is. Every minute I’m out there, I’m going to play hard."

Does he feel more pressure to score immediately when he's on the court?

"No, not really," he said. "But it is good when I do."

Back to top Go down

Injury addition: Thornton (calf) out vs. Philly Empty Re: Injury addition: Thornton (calf) out vs. Philly

Post by Sam Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Marcus has rapidly become one of my favorite Celtics. In my book, he's more of a finished product in the role he's asked to play than any other Celtic (with the possible exceptions of Rondo and Jeff Green).

C'mon, Marcus. You give me confidence on the court. Get back quickly.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down