Boston Celtics: OKC's Reggie Jackson Trade Potential

5 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics: OKC's  Reggie Jackson Trade Potential Empty Boston Celtics: OKC's Reggie Jackson Trade Potential

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:56 am

BLEACHER REPORT

The Boston Celtics already have plenty of guards on the roster, but they still don't have many who can create offense for themselves.

Rajon Rondo is an atrocious shooter, and Marcus Smart hasn't figured out how to use his jumper more effectively. Avery Bradley is more of a defensive stalwart than an offensive creator, and Marcus Thornton doesn't have much upside left.

Boston would have to part with one of its backcourt members (more on that later) or accept that this move sets the table for another trade in the future, possibly clearing the way for Rondo to find a new home and end his Beantown tenure. But it's worth doing, simply because Jackson brings something new along with him.

The Celtics have scored only 105.1 points per 100 possessions, currently the No. 19 mark in the Association. There are plenty of offensive talents on the roster, and Rondo does a masterful job of distributing the ball to his teammates, but the squad can't overcome a lack of variety.

Jackson, however, has scored 17.9 points per game this season, and he's done so while requiring assists on just 7.9 percent of his makes from inside the arc and 45 percent from beyond it. There's no player on the C's roster who can do that, and changing that would allow this team to speed through the rebuild even more quickly.

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics: OKC's  Reggie Jackson Trade Potential Empty Re: Boston Celtics: OKC's Reggie Jackson Trade Potential

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:45 am

an OK idea, but how do you get him?

Fav or Kelly O. 's contract work even up for a trade.

OKC is already up against the TAX line and isn;t likely to takle on additional salary.

Jackson makes $2.2M this year on his final year.

even throwing in Perkins with jackson ($11.9M) is still hard to work a deal alone.

Thornton and Smart work, but is that a good deal for us?

Jackson really only makes sense here IF Rondo is moving on anyway.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics: OKC's  Reggie Jackson Trade Potential Empty Re: Boston Celtics: OKC's Reggie Jackson Trade Potential

Post by tjmakz Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:35 am

From watching the OKC/Kings game last night, the announcers made it seem like OKC has no interest in trading Jackson as he very well could and will be their #3 scorer in the playoffs.
They traded away Harden too early and I don't expect they will make that mistake with Reggie Jackson.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 pm

kdp59 wrote:an OK idea, but how do you get him?

OKC is already up against the TAX line and isn;t likely to takle on additional salary.

even throwing in Perkins with jackson ($11.9M) is still hard to work a deal alone.

I like Reggies game, but no way would I trade Smart for him....fuhgettaboutit

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:41 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
kdp59 wrote:an OK idea, but how do you get him?

I like Reggies game, but no way would I trade Smart for him....fuhgettaboutit

right, kinda what i was saying. though I may not have been clear about it.

I could see Jackson here, but really only as a replacement for Rondo. so that would be as a RFA and/or sign and trade next off-season.

unless OKC would take Fav....LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:45 am

In view of rumors about trading Rondo, and one I heard about trading Green (on ESPN last night, but I can't find anything more on it today) Jackson could be interesting.  A back-court with Smart, Jackson and maybe Bradley would be young and talented, but with a big learning curve still ahead.

The report comes from Bleacher Report, so I don't know if there's anything to it.

Or are we looking for someone to bat cleanup?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 am

Reggie Jackson...........I like him especially when he played for Oakland and then as a Yankee......he'll fit fine with the Celtics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down