Board Brushfires

Go down

Board Brushfires Empty Board Brushfires

Post by Sam Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:24 pm

To the Board:

Lately, the board has seen an unusually large number of what I'd call "debating brushfires" in which the discussion strays from the topic at hand and becomes contentious or even personal in nature. I realize something like this is more likely to happen when there are so many controversial topics concerning the Celtics and so much disillusionment over their stumbling developmental process this season. But, as I suggested in another thread, I'm hoping we can cut one another some slack in how we address one another. If the only way we can be convivial is if things are rosy with the Celtics, doesn't that make us a little bit like frontrunners?

As the board moderator, may I suggest that, if you have a problem with a post or posts of another member, you immediately notify me via private mail rather than taking condemnation into your own hands. I work very hard to be as impartial, tactful, and fair as humanly possible. I don't believe that's typically the case when members go off on one another. For all you know, I may already have taken action off the board that you don't know about. Sometimes I'm aware of relevant extenuating circumstances that I can share with the involved members without revealing them to the entire board. At the very least, I promise to give every consideration to your concern, and sometimes I can be a pretty good sounding board when people need to vent.

Please don't think that you're trying to save me time and effort by going the independent route. The farther into an incident I get involved, the more time and effort it eventually costs me.

I believe this board can continue to be convivial despite the tensions of a struggling basketball season.

Thanks for your help,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down