Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game

5 posters

Go down

Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game Empty Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:42 am

Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game
Associated Press
3 hours ago
DALLAS (AP) — Mavericks owner Mark Cuban suggested the NBA should do away with fan balloting for the All-Star game, saying the leading total of 1.5 million votes for Golden State's Stephen Curry was so low it was "embarrassing."

Cuban said Friday the roster should be expanded to 14 players from the current 12. He said coaches or general managers or both should choose the teams.

Credit Card Rewards & No Annual Fee.
Discover Sponsored

The outspoken owner said the low total for Curry was evidence that the "system's broken, absolutely, positively broken."

"And fans are allowed to vote more than once, right?" Cuban said "That's embarrassing. To think that we couldn't get people to vote enough times. No one even tried to hack it. That's how bored they are."

Toronto outfielder Jose Bautista led baseball's All-Star fan voting last year with about 5.9 million ballots.

Cuban said he didn't know how NBA All-Star voting was trending in recent years, and said he favors people voting if the numbers were better because "then the fans have spoken."

"But when the number of voters isn't enough to even get anybody to notice ... that means basically .01 percent of NBA fans cared enough to vote," Cuban said.

Curry finished about 42,000 votes ahead of LeBron James. The All-Star game is Feb. 15 in New York.

bob
MY NOTE: Gotta love Cuban.

Evidence #1 for the prosecution that the fans have turned it into a joke? Kobe Bryant starting at guard.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game Empty Re: Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:38 am

Klay Thompson scored 52 points in a game this week with an NBA record 37 in a single quarter.  Now you know why GSW refused to include him in any deal for Kevin Love.

Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, the hottest starting guard duo in the NBA.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game Empty Re: Mark Cuban: NBA should dump fan voting for All-Star game

Post by Matty Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:32 am

I've agreed with this idea for a long time.... being an all star at one time meant you were the cream of the crop... nowadays it's a popularity contest... ya could have a guy from china join the league... play 5 minutes all season and be a starter in the all star game...

If fans are going to be allowed to do the voting... make it PAYING fans at least- figure a way to do it that way...

But I stopped watching the game a few years ago after seeing some female singer and her backups dressed like and dancing like strippers... (the dressed part pre stripped) so what happens during the all star game no longer matters to me anyhow. I prolly will never watch it again anyhow.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:07 am

Matty wrote:I've agreed with this idea for a long time....  being an all star at one time meant you were the cream of the crop... nowadays it's a popularity contest...  ya could have a guy from china join the league... play 5 minutes all season and be a starter in the all star game...

If fans are going to be allowed to do the voting... make it PAYING  fans at least- figure a way to do it that way...

But I stopped watching the game a few years ago after seeing some female singer and her backups dressed like and dancing like strippers... (the dressed part pre stripped) so what happens during the all star game no longer matters to me anyhow. I prolly will never watch it again anyhow.

Or how about that 90's ALL STAR garbage they made the STAY IN SCHOOL the motto......

just wonder how many players DIDN'T

beat

I have not watched in many many years........only "All Star" game that is worse is the NFL Pro Bowl.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:56 pm

It's true that the all-star game has become a ballyhooed entertainment farce. And no part of the now-elongated weekend is worth my attention.

I'd be interested in having the fan voting system abolished in favor of voting by coaches or basketball media. (I could see advantage of either of these options.) I'd be interested to see if a more professional manner of selecting players might trickle down to a more professional approach to playing the game. (I have my doubts.)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:07 pm

The All-NBA selections at the end of the season matter a whole lot more than all-star selections.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down