Game-On! Celtics @ Jazz - January 26, 2015

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game-On! Celtics @ Jazz - January 26, 2015

Post by bobc33 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:18 am

Another victory, yea Celtics! Sorry I missed the game but will be on for the next one.

Friday night against Houston at home and I'll be there! Dana Baros was the after dinner speaker at our monthly American Legion event and spur of the moment said I'll donate two tix let's have a raffle. The first number called nobody responded and lucky me had the second called.
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Re: Game-On! Celtics @ Jazz - January 26, 2015

Post by Sam on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Nothing could make me believe Danny doesn't want to win. I believe he traded Rondo and Jeff largely because he was afraid he'd lose them and get nothing in return.

As it happened, the trades might just have INCREASED the chances that the Celtics could win. I'd like to see anyone try to convince me that Prince isn't a more aggressive and clutch player than Jeff Green. And, in just a few games, Tayshaun has blended seamlessly into the Celtics' system—possibly better than Jeff ever did.

Sure, they lost Rondo. And, in the process, they ceased to be what I called a "Rondo-centric" team. Win or lose (and they lost plenty with Rondo around), it seems to me that virtually all of the rotation players are now feeling more an integral part of the system, are being encouraged to push their individual limits, and are thriving on more of a consistent motion and up-tempo game. Rondo's loss could easily be addition by subtraction.

I'm not dumping on either Jeff or Rondo. But a recent article posted here talked about "fit." And the "fit" of a given player on a given team is more important than the stats of that player. Somehow or other (maybe Danny's smarts or serendipity or both), this group of guys seems to fit together well enough that they're now playing to win rather than playing not to lose.

Add the fact that they're fun to watch and have this uncanny ability never to quit, and they're more fun to watch than any Celtics team in the past couple of years, and Danny's operating from a position of relative strength whatever he does about buyouts or trades, etc. The worst that can happen is that he does nothing and we're hopefully treated to a band of brothers who will finish out the season in the best tradition of Celtics aggressiveness.

I'm not as absorbed as most people are with Celtics cap space because I believe it's mostly useful in signing free agents and re-signing existing players. I believe Bradley's the one existing player who might be looking for considerably more money around the corner, and I'm not bullish about the free agent market. I agree with Outside (and I hope I'm paraphrasing you correctly Outside) that free agents too frequently wind up being overly paid for what they provide; and I'll add the fact that they to often are damaged goods looking to extend the revenue stream by leveraging their names. And I haven't mentioned that any potential free agent who watches television and sees what the Boston area is going through weatherwise at the moment will not go to a city where he can't wear shorts in December.

Sam
Sam
Admin

http://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top