Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz

+3
worcester
wide clyde
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz Empty Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Alleged suitors are Clips, Cavs and Bulls.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz

Post by wide clyde Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Not too surprising that Perkins is a buyout candidate and also not surprising that most playoff bound teams would be interested in adding a defensive type center with playoff experience for the last 30 games and the playoff season.

Perkins may have been over paid by the Thunder when they resigned him, but for the most part he has performed just about as was expected when he was drafted by the Cs. This may not make him an all time great player, but it certainly places him in a higher ranking than a lot of of other guys who get into the league.

I will predict that he will find a two year deal this summer if he is willing to take a large pay cut from what he is making now and will stay in the league for at least 4 more years. Perhaps two years for $4-5 M for 2015-16 and the year after, and then a year at a time for $2. Those numbers make him easily traded or just waived if necessary, and the contracts are all very short.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins Being Bought Out By Jazz

Post by worcester Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:09 pm

A Danny draft pick that panned out.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:53 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-emerge-as-frontrunners-to-sign-kendrick-perkins-161310057-nba.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:14 pm

steve3344 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-emerge-as-frontrunners-to-sign-kendrick-perkins-161310057-nba.html

read that too, if Perk goes to Cavs they are multiple title bound, he and the Russian bear will really hammer foes in that paint, please Perk don't do it!!! Lebron is not worthy, don't go!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Done deal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-perkins-agrees-sign-cavaliers-234251099--nba.html

Sorry cow.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Unbelievable

My favorite bruising role player and the enemy, the player I hate more than Kobe.....now on the same team. Life sucks and hes gonna help them, any contending team could use an infusion of muscle at the 5.

That starting team had never lost a playoff series and the team had 2 more legit runs in them if not for that terrible trade. Even with the injuries in 09 and to Perk in 10, we would have won in 11 and 12 if not for some moron.

He makes one good move, signing Isiah Thomas and everyones lauding him?

Look what the Cavs GM did, acquiring Mosgov, JR Smith and Shumpert and now Perk....this guy nets 2 young wings, 2 burly centers and we are the softest team in league since Perk and KG left and MORON passed on Gobert.

Just sayin

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Everyone can hate on me, I've felt bad for KG and Pierce, those guys bleeded green and would do anything for this franchise, and Danny did them such a disservice.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 pm

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion Cow, and yes Perk for Green hurt our chances for 18 and 19...but to say Danny is a moron, wow Cow, really? He actually did Paul snd KG big favors, moving them to a team with a chance for a playoff run. And it was a great move for the Celts - a Herschel Walker type epic trade! Trust the process a bit longer - it will work out for us.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Unbelievable

My favorite bruising role player and the enemy, the player I hate more than Kobe.....now on the same team. Life sucks and hes gonna help them, any contending team could use an infusion of muscle at the 5.

That starting team had never lost a playoff series and the team had 2 more legit runs in them if not for that terrible trade. Even with the injuries in 09 and to Perk in 10, we would have won in 11 and 12 if not for some moron.

Look what the Cavs GM did, acquiring Mosgov, JR Smith and Shumpert and now Perk....this guy nets 2 young wings, 2 burly centers and we are the softest team in league since Perk and KG left and MORON passed on Gobert.

Just sayin

Cow - This won't make you feel better about the Celtics passing on Gobert. Here's part of a story about Utah (and Gobert in particular) dismantling Portland last night:

In addition to Hayward's across-the-board production, the Jazz rode big nights from Favors (16 points, nine rebounds, two steals) and Burke (19 points) and the shot blocking of Rudy Gobert to a decisive victory. Gobert, who leads the NBA in blocked shots since Jan. 1, added five more to his ledger against the Blazers, two coming against the impossible-to-block Aldridge.

Gobert's presence in the paint made the Blazers think twice about charging the rim, and when their three-point shooting betrayed them, their scoring options were nonexistent.

"When you've got his kind of presence in the paint, sometimes you are looking for guys like him," Nicolas Batum said, acknowledging Gobert's impact. "The sky is the limit for him. He has great, great potential. He's going to be great."

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Too bad we passed on him. Danny's not perfect but he's no moron.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 am

worcester wrote:You are certainly entitled to your own opinion Cow, and yes Perk for Green hurt our chances for 18 and 19...but to say Danny is a moron, wow Cow, really? He actually did Paul snd KG big favors, moving them to a team with a chance for a playoff run. And it was a great move for the Celts - a Herschel Walker type epic trade! Trust the process a bit longer - it will work out for us.

sorry worse, I agree he gave them one last shot, but to dismantle a championship team in season, when its so hard to get to that level, and with 2 HOFers like KG and Pierce in their close to last good years.....it was just criminal IMFO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:05 am

I regret the Perk trade too...I sure hope Danny can draft a good center this time.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:12 am

steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Unbelievable

Just sayin

Cow - This won't make you feel better about the Celtics passing on Gobert.  Here's part of a story about Utah (and Gobert in particular) dismantling Portland last night:

In addition to Hayward's across-the-board production, the Jazz rode big nights from Favors (16 points, nine rebounds, two steals) and Burke (19 points) and the shot blocking of Rudy Gobert to a decisive victory. Gobert, who leads the NBA in blocked shots since Jan. 1, added five more to his ledger against the Blazers, two coming against the impossible-to-block Aldridge.

Gobert's presence in the paint made the Blazers think twice about charging the rim, and when their three-point shooting betrayed them, their scoring options were nonexistent.

"When you've got his kind of presence in the paint, sometimes you are looking for guys like him," Nicolas Batum said, acknowledging Gobert's impact. "The sky is the limit for him. He has great, great potential. He's going to be great."

I noticed last year in glimpses this kid had defensive presence written all over him, then in the sophomore freshman USA vs World game he was easily most dominant big in that game. As I said on another post with him next to Sully and AB and Smart on the perimeter our defense is practically set for the next decade and with our stash of picks IF Gobert was in place we have a dynasty-in-the-making....and my son said last night Ainge is gonna draft another guard!!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 am

Let's hope your son is no Amazing Kreskin.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:20 am

Damny does have a big blind spot when it comes to drafting good centers...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:21 am

worcester wrote:I regret the Perk trade too...I sure hope Danny can draft a good center this time.

been 4 years, but whos counting? and Cavs GM gets 2 bruisers at the 5 in one season and does it without giving up any of his all star core.

Is there a Lebron conspiracy where the league gives him whatever he wants? Dannys recent history of acquiring a legit rim protector in light of his passing on Gobert makes me want to puke, but hes not a moron, your right.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:23 am

Love you worse!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:03 am

For everybody who was watching European basketball in the last 5 years it was very clear that Rudy Gobert was going to be a big defensive presence.Since he was 17 years old was blocking shots in every league he played.In the sub 18 tournament he was a nightmare for everyone around the basket.And with that height 7-2 and reach 7-9 it was a no brainer he could be a very good rim protector.But Mr Ainge was looking as always for the best player available and not drafting by needs.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:48 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
worcester wrote:I regret the Perk trade too...I sure hope Danny can draft a good center this time.

been 4 years, but whos counting? and Cavs GM gets 2 bruisers at the 5 in one season and does it without giving up any of his all star core.

Is there a Lebron conspiracy where the league gives him whatever he wants? Dannys recent history of acquiring a legit rim protector in light of his passing on Gobert makes me want to puke, but hes not a moron, your right.

cow,

You are, cow, you are.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:45 pm

international wrote:For everybody who was watching European basketball in the last 5 years it was very clear that Rudy Gobert was going to be a big defensive presence.Since he was 17 years old was blocking shots in every league he played.In the sub 18 tournament he was a nightmare for everyone around the basket.And with that height 7-2 and reach 7-9 it was a no brainer he could be a very good rim protector.But Mr Ainge was looking as always for the best player available and not drafting by needs.

Mr Ainge passed on a future DPOY that is gonna lead league in blocked shots for years.....all his supposed assistants that assist him in the system and he goes for offense in a big instead of defense? I guess I have a better vision of how a team should be structured. Give me his resources and I'll guarantee I could build a better team than him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 pm

bob I'm pissed at his moves, Danny drafts perimeter defenders, what about the paint?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Good luck to Perk; bad luck to the Cavs.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down