Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?!

+3
Sam
rickdavisakaspike
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?! Empty Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?!

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:01 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/22/jack-nicholson-ill-sell-you-my-lakers-tix-im-not-going-as-much

If Matt Damon bails on the Celtics we'll know this report was the beginning of the Apocalypse.  Sad, if true.  Be forewarned, this report is from TMZ.  Not exactly high journalism here, but following Hollywood celebrities like stalkers is what they do.  It is also possible Jack said this in a moment of frustration which he got over later.  

Jack Nicholson
I'll Sell You My Lakers Tix
... I'm Sorta Over It
2/22/2015 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jack Nicholson tells TMZ Sports he's willing to sell you his for face value ... since he's not as motivated to go the Staples Center as he used to be.

It's actually pretty sad ... Nicholson -- who's been a staple at the Lakers games for decades -- was leaving Madeo in Beverly Hills when he told us he's just not as into the Lake Show as he used to be.

We're guessing the team's abysmal record has a lot to do with it.

The good news? You could sit right next to stars like Leo DiCaprio and Mark Wahlberg ... that is, if they even feel like showing up these days.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?! Empty Re: Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?!

Post by rickdavisakaspike Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:00 am

With more money than Sheldon Adelson, the Busses can be expected to make a huge splash in the free agent market. Besides money, money, money, they have that other key ingredient: location, location, location.

Poor Jack. Hasn't had a good role in ages, must look at these young guys like Leonardo and Marky Mark and try to remember the kind of September when he was a tender and mellow fellow.

Stop crying, Jack. The Lakers will be back and so will the Celtics. Certain outcomes are inevitable, like the next great earthquake.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?! Empty Re: Jack Nicholson Selling His Laker Seats?!

Post by Sam Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 am

Love your movies, Jack.  You do sardonic better than anyone.  I just happen to know how much being age 77 takes out of one's zeal to make the trek to public places.  But, man, you could hire litter bearers to carry you.

As for your allegiance to the Lakers, the memory that most sticks with me is of your pants sort of falling down in Boston Garden.  Were you ever able to afford a belt?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I could care less about this actor and his seats at Lakers games.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:08 pm

This is what happens when teams tank... even longtime fans lose interest. Now granted the Lakers didn't purposely tank this season like Philly is - Kobe got hurt, and any chance they had went out the window. But not only are longtime fans like Jack not showing up, but for a Lakers Celtics game, the arena looked half empty on TV. If that's the case between these two teams, who is showing up and paying money for Sixers tickets? Losing the fan base's interest is likely to hurt not just in the short run when the team is bad, but will likely also hurt in the longer term, as the people who give up their season tickets, stop watching the games on TV, etc. are going to take some time to come back as the team starts to improve.

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:33 pm

I thought that Jack Nicholson made that '84 finals more fun.   His presence in the Garden stoked the already white hot media driven narrative of the blue collar Celtics vs the Airheads from LaLa Land.

Not that Nicholson wasn't a genuine fan.  Bird mentioned that he had lunch once with Jack and they talked basketball (what else would you talk with Bird?  Okay maybe bass fishing, deer hunting and yard work, subjects Nicholson probably knew nothing about).  Bird said that Jack knew his hoops and he could respect that.

But I still remember the headlines: "Nicholson's Antics Enrage Celtic Loyalists."

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:42 pm

The Lakers play their home games in the mecca of a temporary society.  It's but a short hop from the fact of hot and cold running relationships to hot and cold running loyalty.  What I've witnessed, mostly on television but also in person, is that Lakers fan are among the earliest to desert the Staples Center when the Lakers get behind by more than a tiny amount.  In the balloon game, the Lakers trailed by four with a minute left, and people were thronging the exits.  When the final buzzer sounded, I was practically the only one left in my section.  Yes, that might have been partly because I was standing in my seat and letting the world know who the champions were.  But the exodus was in full flight by then.

Moreover, Los Angeles is arguably the entertainment capital of the world, and the entertainment ethic is firmly engrained in the populace.  When they cease to be entertained by something, they're probably quicker to cut their "losses" than many of us.  It might just be remarkable that Jack has lasted on the sidelines as long as he has.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Hate to say it Sam but I think that La-La Land's marketing formula of basketball as an Entertainment Event has resonated with most NBA teams, including the Celtics.

I was sad to see the Celtics give up their lone position of no dancing girls. I enjoy the gyrations of female eye candy as much as the next guy but injecting that kind of stuff into a basketball game was started by the Lakers and there's a time and a place for everything.

I was also embarrassed one time by a game at the Fleet Center (don't you hate how all the arenas are now named after corporate entities?) featuring fireworks with the player introductions. I thought my TV was on the blink as the game was delayed for the thick smoke to clear.

I was proud to have Bill Walton call the old Garden "the greatest basketball gym in the world." According to Bill when you say "Let's go to the Garden" you're saying "Now we're gonna play some ball. You're not going to a mall or restaurant."

I actually liked the crumbling splendor of the old Boston Garden.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Wonder if Jack wrote "redrum" under the seat...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 am

Sloop,

I agree.  I just think it has resonated more in L.A. than elsewhere.  But it definitely has spread like a staph infection to all cities in the league.  I don't even care so much about dancing girls and circus acts during halftime because I don't have to watch them unless I feel like it.  But, when the game itself is polluted by attempts to make it more entertaining in ways unrelated to the quality of the basketball, that tells me that the intrinsic beauty of the game, itself, is no longer sufficient to entertain discerning people.  And I think that's sad.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down