Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who'

4 posters

Go down

Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who' Empty Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who'

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 am

LeBron James says nobody should fault Kevin Love for picking Russell Westbrook over him for MVP
Dan Feldman Mar 25, 2015, 12:15 AM EDT

Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who' Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrhnjaxm2ixn2nlzmuyyjvknjcwodblyzi4nzrlytq11
Getty Images

Kevin Love picked Russell Westbrook as NBA MVP over his not-best-friend LeBron James.

LeBron reportedly cares about the award.

Does he care about Love’s comments?

LeBron, via Dave McMenamin of ESPN:

“I don’t really think too much of it, really,” James said after Cleveland Cavaliers practice on Tuesday. “I don’t really get involved in that. I think the voters are going to decide who is the MVP. I think what Russ has been doing, his numbers have been pretty crazy keeping those guys afloat in the West in his play. Steph Curry can make a case, for sure, what he’s been doing — James Harden and myself, as well. So, Kevin has his own opinion of who he believes is the MVP. No one should fault him for that.”

What about Antony Davis? What about Chris Paul? LeBron omitting Davis from the discussion is more offensive than Love slighting LeBron for the No. 1 spot.

At least LeBron didn’t make this a bigger issue than it needed to be.

That hasn’t always been the case with him and Love, and that’s why the speculation about Love leaving Cleveland won’t end. Perhaps, LeBron has learned how to make Love feel a little more comfortable.

bob
MY NOTE:  I have serious, serious concerns about Sully's weight issues.  He has, unfortunately, given Danny legitimate reason to question his longterm viability as an NBAer and future in green.  Nevertheless, Kevin Love's defense (or lack thereof) would make me tear my hair out. Adding Kevin Love without a rim/paint protector would be worrisome.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who' Empty Re: Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who'

Post by Sam Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:52 am

I have announced that I support Jae Crowder, rather than Lebron, as MVP of the current NBA season.  But I haven't noticed media types banging down my door for interviews.  I wonder why that's the case.

I do serve muffins with little balls on them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who' Empty Re: Kevin Love Picked Russell Westbrook For MVP over 'You Know Who'

Post by tjmakz Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:09 pm

If the season ended today, Westbrook, Curry and Harden would most likely finish in the top 3 of the MVP voting.
LeBron, Davis and Chris Paul are all behind them.
I'm glad Love voiced his opinion. I don't take it as a slap against LeBron.
What Westbrook has been doing is pretty remarkable.

I am also down on Kevin Love's game.
He's just not performing the way he did in previous years.
I don't think Boston or the Lakers want him at anywhere near max money.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:19 pm

tjmakz wrote:If the season ended today, Westbrook, Curry and Harden would most likely finish in the top 3 of the MVP voting.

TJ,

I agree with everything you wrote except for the last line. I think the Laker front office is positively desperate to show the fan base they "are back" and bringing in a big name like Love would mollify them (at least temporarily) and, for reasons I can't fathom either, Danny seems to like Love.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:58 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:If the season ended today, Westbrook, Curry and Harden would most likely finish in the top 3 of the MVP voting.

TJ,

I agree with everything you wrote except for the last line.  I think the Laker front office is positively desperate to show the fan base they "are back" and bringing in a big name like Love would mollify them (at least temporarily) and, for reasons I can't fathom either, Danny seems to like Love.

bob

Bob,

I see no reason for the Lakers to chase Love.
They already have Julius Randle as their PF of the future.
They have many other needs, signing another PF is probably not on the radar.
I'm not saying Randle is Love, but they need a center, SF and a PG before Love.
I think they will solve the Center or PG dilemma through the draft.
I am hoping they can draft Towns or Okafor and then make a max or near max offer to Reggie Jackson.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:

TJ,

I agree with everything you wrote except for the last line.  I think the Laker front office is positively desperate to show the fan base they "are back" and bringing in a big name like Love would mollify them (at least temporarily) and, for reasons I can't fathom either, Danny seems to like Love.

bob

someone pointed out before that Sully is an Ohio man.

If Loves opts IN on his player option next year ($16m) so he can fully navigate the new TV in 2016 and beyond AND the Cavs fall short of a title this year...........I suppose it could happen.

that is IF Ainge really is enamored with Love.

we could do a Love for Sully our top pick this year and one or more future firsts (which would make Clevelnd notice, if they would rather move on).

Sully can do his usually 14 pt, 8 reb/ game and be a hero with LeBron and Irving. Loves puts up them numbers and he's a dog there.

We'd eat up about $12M of our possible cap space next year though, meaning we could still re-sign Crowder, but would be looking at players like Koufas and Ajinca as options as Center help.

Not sure I'd like that idea myself, but you never know with Danny.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down