Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere)

+2
Sam
beat
6 posters

Go down

Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere) Empty Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere)

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 am

Due to many "things" going on, havent posted recently. And rather comment on every thread suffice to say there are many changes (with the C's) happening so I guess I'll let the dust settle the think things thru a bit.

Big one tonight for sure!

Hopefully by taking the day off tomorrow I can be on the game on thread for a change.

beat

(new avatar)
Sarah wanted equal billing
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere) Empty Re: Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere)

Post by Sam Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 am

Beat,

Nice to have you posting again and to see that great smile on Sarah.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere) Empty Re: Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere)

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am

Welcome back, beat. Hope all is working out well for you and your family.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Here are a couple photos of the kids we had done professionally last summer.

Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere) 20331_10

Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere) 20331_11

Bob and Sam
Mom is still struggling a bit but doing OK, holding her own but it's tough for her, as for step dad he is improving a lot and we are having an 81 st birthday party for him on Saturday. Perhaps with the grace of God he might even be home soon but that is still a ways off.

Hope you like the photos!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Beat,

The photos are great, but what would you expect?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Sam

They better be great..................cause they were not CHEAP!

Funny I think Marcus enjoys having her back home even more than her mother or I.

She's doing well in school and is working 20+ hours at the Kinney's pharmacy here in Watertown.

JV baseball practice starts next week!
Marcus hasn't picked up a ball or bat in months so we'll see how long it takes for the rust to come off!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 pm

beat,

Great looking photos of the kids; fortunately they take after their mother!

(I'll now await your shot back at me.)

Nice to hear things are working out, maybe Sarah will just take a slightly different route to her goal. I'll look forward to hearing reports from Marcus' basketball.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

NYCelt

The salvo missed (Actually Marcus looks much like I did at that age) but bigger of course.)

Your little Mike is not so little anymore either.

basketball was a bit of a disappointment but he still ended up 5th high the team for points and rebounds and if you consider minites per he'd be 3rd or 4th. He had the highest shooting % from the field at 48% andshot 70% from the foul line which was the highest of the kids who shot 8 or more shots.

Baseball will be interesting as of now there is no JV coach and the Varsity Baseball coach is newly hired too. Will be interesting to see who they get. I thought about it briefly and would do it if I thought I could fit it in with work but that appears to be impossible.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm

beat,

I still think that since Marcus was a young JV level player his stat line shows good things for the future.

Coaching at any high school level is demanding of your time. Maybe if they can get someone reasonably good as the coach you could go in as an assistant and have less demand on your work schedule.

Michael starts indoor baseball at the end of the month and is signed up for spring and summer t-ball leagues. I don't know if he'll ever have Marcus' arm but he already loves to get into the cage and hit.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:48 pm

NYCelt

Sounds good for Michael!! Lots of kid shis age just have a fear of being hit when batting that is really tough to overcome. Telling them it won't hurt doesnt work cause you know it does and so do they. Hopefully he will keep his front side in and not bail out. Tough enough to hit when your thinking about getting the heck out of there.

Repetition and a lot of it is great.

Batting cages are great but nothing beats live pitching. Hard to watch the release point on a machine. I still pitch to Marcus but only behind an L screen now and from about 40 feet or so. Makes my 50 MPH heater look more like 75!! Of course neither of us has so much as picked up a baseball since last fall.

Sometime soon my uncle returns from Florida. His wife is somehow related to John Sullivan who was a former major League bullpen coach with Toronto and was a catcher by trade. So he's worked with lots of pretty good pitchers. He's offered to look Marcus over and see what he needs to correct and give him some advice about pitching.

Marcus has already made the decision to play summer hoops instead of baseball, unless the schedules are so he can do both.

Wating patiently for the trade deadline to happen 13 minutes away!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:31 pm

beat wrote:Due to many "things" going on, havent posted recently. And rather comment on every thread suffice to say there are many changes (with the C's) happening so I guess I'll let the dust settle the think things thru a bit.

Big one tonight for sure!

Hopefully by taking the day off tomorrow I can be on the game on thread for a change.

beat

(new avatar)
Sarah wanted equal billing

Hi beat and welcome back!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Bob

thanks

How are the pups? And I know Scout (remeber he attacked me) but what did you name the new one?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:55 pm

beat wrote:Bob

thanks

How are the pups? And I know Scout (remeber he attacked me) but what did you name the new one?

beat

I think he named it beat-eater!! Away for a bit (but didn't go anywhere) Icon_razz
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:30 pm

beat wrote:Bob

thanks

beat

Hi Beat,

The new guy is Shadow, and after about 3 months Scout is finally tolerating him and they even play once in a while. It has been a long, very difficult road but in the long run it will be worth it, in the short run I haven't really been able to really watch a Cs game all year. The TV is on but my focus in mostly on the 2 pups. I'd attach a picture but can't figure out how.

Scout attacking you? Huuuummm, we remember it as you trying to strangle her (see avatar) but she luckily squirmed away!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum