Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace

3 posters

Go down

Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace Empty Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:29 am

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/report-lakers-considering-bringing-back-metta-world-peace/

Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace
Kurt Helin Aug 24, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT

One of the frequent criticisms of the Lakers is that they are still living in 2008 as an organization. From their choice of Byron Scott as coach and his old-school offensive systems, to their lack of trust in analytics, to their reliance on an aging Kobe Bryant both on the court (see Byron Scott) and off it to sell tickets/sponsorships, it seems like time has frozen with one of the NBA’s storied franchises.

This isn’t going to help any.

The Lakers are considering bringing back Metta World Peace (the former Ron Artest), reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

The Los Angeles Lakers are discussing the possibility of signing free agent forward Metta World Peace to a one-year contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

No deal has been agreed upon, but there have been talks between the Lakers and World Peace’s representatives, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

There are varying degrees of interest within the Lakers organization about bringing him back to the franchise at 35 years old, but World Peace has been in the Lakers’ practice facility this offseason playing against the team’s players, including 2014 first-round pick Julius Randle, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Varying degrees of interest? This is about like debating if Donald Trump’s hair is real — we all know the answer. Some people may just not want to admit it.

The Lakers have potentially superb young players to help them move into the future — D’Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle — but this would be a return to the past. And if you’re looking for a veteran mentor, there are better options.

When last we saw MWP on an NBA court, an unimpressive Knicks team waived him in 2014 because he isn’t near the same defender he once was and his offensive game has slipped (he shot just 31 percent from three). Last season he played in Italy where he averaged 13.3 points a game. At age 35, he’s not going to bounce back to NBA levels of play.

World Peace had an impressive NBA career — an All-Star, an NBA Defensive Player of the Year, and a champion. He’ll be remembered fondly for his colorful antics, and not as fondly for things like the Malice in the Palace. But he had a fantastic NBA career.

One that should be over.

I’d like to say they can’t be serious, but the Lakers are hard to read lately.

bob
MY NOTE: They'd bring by TAFKARA but refused to bring back The Zen Master? Way to plan a rebuild, Dimbo. At least I hope it's Dim Buss pulling these strings. I'd hate to think that, after all these years, that Mitch Kupchak is this ridiculous.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace Empty Re: Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 am

I am fine with bringing Metta back as an assistant coach, but to take up one of 15 roster spots, uh, no way....
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace Empty Re: Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace

Post by Sloopjohnb Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:22 am

I'm sure that World Peace will be an excellent mentor for the young laker players.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down