cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
23 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Odds and Ends - Page 18 Empty Re: Odds and Ends

Post by jrleftfoot Fri May 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I`m dumb where the salary cap is concerned . Do Bird Rights figure int the equation with respect to Thomas and Bradley retention. Can they be exercised AFTER  signing a free agent?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat May 13, 2017 9:06 am

jrleftfoot wrote:I`m dumb where the salary cap is concerned . Do Bird Rights figure int the equation with respect to Thomas and Bradley retention. Can they be exercised AFTER  signing a free agent?

Thomas has a cap hold of 11.9m.
Bradley's cap hold is 13.2m.

The cap hold is what will reflect on the salary cap until both players sign new contracts with the Celtics.

If Thomas or Bradley signs elsewhere, the cap hold will be gone.

So if you're asking if the Celts can sign a free-agent before signing Thomas and Bradley to new contracts, yes, the Celts can do that.

What's important is the Celtics must be under the salary cap.

They can go over the cap to sign Thomas or Bradley as long as they sign the incoming free-agent first.

fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 am

Let me add by saying the only way the Celtics lose the Bird rights of Thomas and Bradley is if the Celtics renounce their rights to Thomas and Bradley.

There are times when you need to renounce the rights to a player so that you can have more cap space.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun May 14, 2017 11:54 am

fierce wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:I`m dumb where the salary cap is concerned . Do Bird Rights figure int the equation with respect to Thomas and Bradley retention. Can they be exercised AFTER  signing a free agent?

Thomas has a cap hold of 11.9m.
Bradley's cap hold is 13.2m.

The cap hold is what will reflect on the salary cap until both players sign new contracts with the Celtics.

If Thomas or Bradley signs elsewhere, the cap hold will be gone.

So if you're asking if the Celts can sign a free-agent before signing Thomas and Bradley to new contracts, yes, the Celts can do that.

What's important is the Celtics must be under the salary cap.

They can go over the cap to sign Thomas or Bradley as long as they sign the incoming free-agent first.

Thanks for the lesson. I thought  it worked something like that .Didn`t know the numbers, though
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm

This is why I don't listen to either one of these two morons and I honestly cannot understand how anybody else does.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:31 pm

I dug this one out of the archives.

The Pelicans served up a QO for Brandon Ingram of $9.48 million.  A you know Ingram was selected by LAL at #2 one pick ahead of Jaylen Brown.  He did not get a rookie extension like fellow draft class members (Simmons, Brown, Murray, Hield and even Sabonis.

He had a tremendous year while averaging 23.8 PPP, 6.1 rebounds and 4.2 assists.  His shooting has stabilized 46/39/85%.  The Pelicans have him over a barrel.  With few teams waiving excess CAP space, the Pelicans are competing with themselves for his service.  I am surprised that Charlotte did not make a play for him instead of over paying for Gordon Haywood.  The Pelicans can of course match any offer.  Ingram should consider taking that one year deal and becoming an unrestricted FA next year.  This same type of situation could have happened with Jaylen Brown.

Serge Ibaka is heading out to the Clippers in a TT level 2 year contract.  The Raptors kept Van Fleet for something like $85 million.  They need a big man for sure.

The Bucks have fried egg on their faces after the Bogdan Bogdanović deal crash and burned.  It sorta freaks me out.

My hometown Atlanta Hawks added both Rajon Rondo and Kris Dunn and Gallinari.  They also drafted Danny's preferred stud out of USC.  I should mention that my association with the Hawks is one of proximity to how far away they play from my residence.  I think they are heading in the right direction.

Runner up Miami Heat was snubbed by Jae Crowder who got a 3 year $30 million deal for the Suns.  Some guys deserve to be paid and he is one of them.  Their offer was a 2 year $14 million deal.  Sometimes when a key player leaves it can mess up the chemistry.

The Brooklyn Nets are supposedly interested in a James Harden trade.  I would like to see that happen.  Nothing like a chance to witness a clown show.

The Bucks are just about finished with their roster changes as they made the trade for Holiday and also added DJ Augustine and Bobby Portis.  They still need more offense at the wing.

Philly sent big Al packing to OKC.  Al had a chance to still be with Boston.  He chose to depart.  It was a big mistake by him as it now turns out and of great relief to us as it now turns out.  In the meantime Philly traded for Doc's son-in-law and also drafted Maxey out of KY.  They also added the washed up Danny Green who got there via LAL to OKC to Philly.  Josh Richardson's one year stop over is over.  Sixers still need a PG that can dribble, pass and shoot.  

Indiana is apparently interested in adding Bogan since the Bucks flopped.

For the Celtics there are a lot of ways to get from A to B.  After what can only be described as a ride on the world's most unpredictable rollercoaster, Boston has set up their 2020-21 roster.  They needed veterans and added 2 and they needed shooting and added 2.  

The big difference YOY with the draft can best be understood in the context of he can learn how to shoot vs he can shoot.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18