Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????)

+5
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
worcester
sinus007
wideclyde
9 posters

Go down

Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????) Empty Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????)

Post by wideclyde Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:01 am

What was the NBA and its commissioner thinking last night by not even introducing Bill Russell as he stood on the stage to watch the presentation of the award that is given in his name last night? And, why did the NBA icon, LeBron James not even acknowledge Mr. Russell presence after receiving the award? It is not like anyone could not have known that Russell was standing right there as he certainly has a presence that is very difficult to miss.

I think if I were Mr. Russell that I surely would not want to show up next year for the same presentation.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????) Empty Re: Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????)

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:39 am

Hi,
I thought that Bill Russell was presenting MVP himself in years past?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????) Empty Re: Bill Russell at NBA Championship series MVP presentation (????)

Post by worcester Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:02 am

The Commish either had a major brain fart or he's short a few cards in the deck.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:12 am

I noticed that too.

in the past Russell would physically hand the trophy to the MVP.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:05 pm

I thought it was just me being sensitive to the way Russell was treated last night. The man is 81 plus years old, the trophy is named after him, and they totally ignored his presence on the stage. Very rude and tacky of Silver. Not one player even acknowledged his presence there.. Ticked me off totally. But what can you expect from the ego driven men running the league
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Sounds like Silver pulled a Ben Simmons on Russell.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:31 pm

I was also interested in why Bill Russell wasn't introduced and why he didn't present the MVP Award to LeBron. So, I tried to call the NBA office. I got nowhere. Then I emailed the NBA. Below is their lousy response and my question is further below. I did follow up again and said she didn't answer my question. I didn't get a follow up response.   

Dear Mike,

Thanks for contacting us with your comments regarding the presentation of the Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award.  It is a privilege to recognize Mr. Russell, an 11-time NBA champion, with an award named in his honor.

We truly appreciate the passion you demonstrate for the NBA and its teams and players, and your input is valuable as we continue to explore ways to enhance all aspects of our league.  As we grow and celebrate the game of basketball, you can be assured that all of us will continue to approach the game with passion, commitment, teamwork and respect for its history.

Thanks again for writing us and for being a fan of the NBA.

Sincerely,

Catriona Quinn
NBA Fan Relations

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 5:07 PM
To: NBA Letters
Subject: NBA Contact Form Submission - General Comments / Suggestions

Subject: NBA Contact Form Submission

Topic: General Comments / Suggestions

Message Body:
Hello there.
Can you tell me why Bill Russell was not introduced last night during the Final MVP presentation and why Bill did not present the trophy to LeBron?

Thank you so much for your answer.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:48 pm

tjmakz wrote:I was also interested in why Bill Russell wasn't introduced and why he didn't present the MVP Award to LeBron. So, I tried to call the NBA office. I got nowhere. Then I emailed the NBA. Below is their lousy response and my question is further below. I did follow up again and said she didn't answer my question. I didn't get a follow up response.   

Dear Mike,

Thanks for contacting us with your comments regarding the presentation of the Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award.  It is a privilege to recognize Mr. Russell, an 11-time NBA champion, with an award named in his honor.

We truly appreciate the passion you demonstrate for the NBA and its teams and players, and your input is valuable as we continue to explore ways to enhance all aspects of our league.  As we grow and celebrate the game of basketball, you can be assured that all of us will continue to approach the game with passion, commitment, teamwork and respect for its history.

Sincerely,

Catriona Quinn
NBA Fan Relations

Message Body:
Hello there.
Can you tell me why Bill Russell was not introduced last night during the Final MVP presentation and why Bill did not present the trophy to LeBron?

What an idiotic response.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:55 pm

tjmakz wrote:I was also interested in why Bill Russell wasn't introduced and why he didn't present the MVP Award to LeBron. So, I tried to call the NBA office. I got nowhere. Then I emailed the NBA. Below is their lousy response and my question is further below. I did follow up again and said she didn't answer my question. I didn't get a follow up response.   

Dear Mike,

Sincerely,

Catriona Quinn
NBA Fan Relations

Message Body:
Hello there.

You should send her another note saying, "Thank you for your response but I hope you realize you did not answer the question I asked. Can you please do that?"

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:08 am

steve3344 wrote:

Dear Mike,

Sincerely,

Catriona Quinn
NBA Fan Relations

Message Body:
Hello there.

You should send her another note saying, "Thank you for your response but I hope you realize you did not answer the question I asked.  Can you please do that?"

Steve,

I did reply to her with almost exactly with what you wrote.
I did not get another reply.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:58 am

tjmakz wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

Dear Mike,

Sincerely,

Catriona Quinn
NBA Fan Relations

Message Body:
Hello there.

You should send her another note saying, "Thank you for your response but I hope you realize you did not answer the question I asked.  Can you please do that?"

Steve,

I did reply to her with almost exactly with what you wrote.
I did not get another reply.

Nor will you. That generic response was her way of blowing you off.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:01 am

He's 82 years old - I wonder if is a health issue - an they chose not to mention it.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 am

swish wrote:He's 82 years old -  I wonder if is a health issue - an they chose not to mention it.

swish

That is exactly what I am thinking.
I seriously doubt Silver just forgot to introduce Bill.
We will probably find out soon what happened last night.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:56 am

If Bill has a health issue it did not seem to hinder his ability to walk onto the stage and then exit the stage.

With that said, he could have been introduced at the very least since he was standing about eight feet away.

Very poor performance by the NBA commissioner and also very poor of LeBron James for not recognizing the winningest player in NBA history.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down