Danny Ainge Expecting To Remain GM Of Celtics For Many More Years

2 posters

Go down

Danny Ainge Expecting To Remain GM Of Celtics For Many More Years Empty Danny Ainge Expecting To Remain GM Of Celtics For Many More Years

Post by 112288 Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:15 am

SB NATION

OCT 26, 2015 1:29 PM

Danny Ainge is beginning his 13th season in charge of the Boston Celtics and can't imagine doing anything else.

“I don’t see a finish line . . . at all,” Ainge said. “I guess there’s a finish line for everybody, but I don’t see it. Listen, I’ve been around the NBA long enough to know that you never know how things are going to play out. I don’t expect anything. I never really think about it. When I took this job and we came back, my wife wondered how long we would do it, but we really didn’t know. Still don’t. I still don’t think about it, or worry about it.”

Ainge insists he isn't fatigued by the process of rebuilding the Celtics.

“I’m having too much fun,” he said. “I like working with the guys. I feel like right now, after 12 years, I think what we’ve sort of built with our data people, our sports science people, our training staff, our medical staff and our coaching staff, it’s come a long way. I love working with the guys I work with. I still like the players of today. I’m not one of those people that think, ‘Oh, the players of today aren’t what they used to be.’ I don’t see that at all. I love the young kids. I love how hard they work. They work harder than we ever worked. They energize me. I love being around this group of guys.

“And it’s great working with (owners) Steve (Pagliuca) and Wyc (Grousbeck). They’re passionate and successful guys that have high expectations, and they’re really into it. But they let (coach) Brad (Stevens) and I do our jobs. We know that they’re there, and they have high expectations. I enjoy that. I enjoy the atmosphere that we have from the top down.”

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge Expecting To Remain GM Of Celtics For Many More Years Empty Re: Danny Ainge Expecting To Remain GM Of Celtics For Many More Years

Post by wide clyde Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:25 pm

I certainly have no reason to not want Ainge to be the GM for a very long time either.

His plan is simple, he seems to understand the value of players coming and going, works well with the head coaches he has had, you never hear of the players talking about not liking his management style and you never hear of disagreements with the upper management either.

Let him keep moving the team forward for another 20+ years. I only hope that I live those 20 years to enjoy his efforts.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down