Sullinger-time for some credit?

5 posters

Go down

Sullinger-time for some credit? Empty Sullinger-time for some credit?

Post by wide clyde Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 pm

There is no question that Sullinger may have been the most ripped apart Cs player in quite a while. Yes, he was (before this season) never really in NBA professional basketball shape like he should have been, but after all of the stuff that was said about him perhaps it is time to say some good things about him.

I will agree that his body does not look much different than it did last year when even Danny Ainge blasted him in the press, but I think that we ALL now need to admit that he is a very "different" player this year. His stats are much better in just about every category as he now can play so much harder for so much longer. He now can get up and down the floor like an NBA player should. He fights for rebounds with second and even third efforts. He picks up offensive players who, last year, he just waived at while they went passed him to the hoop.

I would still like to see him be able to play at this new level for additional minutes per game because he has certainly become our most consistent forward and we need him to be able to play as hard as he can up to 32-34 minutes per game when guys like Olynyk and Lee are really struggling.

Just thought that it was time to mention this young guy's progress.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Sullinger-time for some credit? Empty Re: Sullinger-time for some credit?

Post by bobc33 Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:46 pm

I thought he was a goner at the end of the preseason. He had a hang dog look and I thought he had mentally checked out and was thinking his future was elsewhere.

Glad I was wrong, he is playing much better and with enthusiasm!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:01 pm

He actually does look alot leaner than last year, hes not ripped, but he may never have that body type, at least hes leaner and not fat like last year. He had a reverse lay up with his left hand that started on the right side of the floor, a move I was shocked he could make and definitely couldn't do last year. There was an earthbound 6'9" PF that was ripped and had speed and strength, but was not a particularly great leaper, his name was Karl Malone and he outworked all his contemporaries. I would love to see Sully pattern his game after KM with a little Wes Unseld and keep up the physical fitness standard that Malone was famous for.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:15 am

well, lets hope that Sully turns into a poor mans Karl Malone and Kelly turns into a poor mans Dirk.

Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:34 am

Yes; time to give Sully some credit.

More than anyone else on the team, Sully has stepped up his game and personal conditioning from last season.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down