Phoenix Suns News

3 posters

Go down

Phoenix Suns News Empty Phoenix Suns News

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:01 am

Eric Bledsoe is out for the rest of this year following meniscus surgery.  Expected to be 100% by next training camp.  Trade for healthy player or just continue the unintentional tank?

Assistant head coaches, and former Celtics, Jerry Sichting and Mike Longabardi, have been fired.  So, they keep the head coach, Jeff Hornacek, but gut his staff?  How do they expect that to work?  Suns GM, and former Celtic, Ryan McDonough, must be out of his mind. This is like the Sixers, where new assistant coaches and "consultants" are coming in to shake things up without the approval of the GM Hinkie or the coach Brett Brown. In the case of the Sixers at least the league forced it on them.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Suns News Empty Re: Phoenix Suns News

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:45 am

Suns have been a mess since Hornacek almost took them to the playoffs a couple years ago.

They had Bledsoe and Dragic going into the next year and then signed IT as a FA and drafted a PG with one of their three frist that year!!!

they signed the Morris twins last year to extentions at BELOW market deals (at least from the players perspectives at the time), The Prothers said at the time they took LESS money to play together. Then soon after the suns trade one of them!!

the whole place seems like a mess to me.

I'd love for Danny to be able to steal a quality player from them, while they are in disarray, but I don't see much on thier roster worth geting GOT.

Bledsoe -yeah...but with his injury it would have to be for only draft picks now. maybe one this year and future pick? they won't move him for that, even if they wanted to.

Morris- his problems ahve been discussed here in the past and with Sully and Kellys play this year, I am not sure he is much of an upgrade on the court anyway.

Booker- If Ainge could steal him for a future pick it would be worth it as he might be a quality three point shooter soon. but is he a clone to Hunter?

Chandler- IF The Suns want to blow it up , we can send them Lee for Chandler straight up! thank you.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:56 am

kdp59 wrote:Suns have been a mess since Hornacek almost took them to the playoffs a couple years ago.

They had Bledsoe and Dragic going into the next  year and then signed IT as a FA and drafted a PG  with one of their three frist that year!!!

they signed the Morris twins last year to extentions at BELOW market deals (at least from the players perspectives at the time), The Prothers said at the time they took LESS money to play together. Then soon after the suns trade one of them!!

the whole place seems like a mess to me.

I'd love for Danny to be able to steal a quality player from them, while they are in disarray, but I don't see much on thier roster worth geting GOT.

Bledsoe -yeah...but with his injury it would have to be for only draft picks now. maybe one this year and future pick? they won't move him for that, even if they wanted to.

Morris- his problems ahve been discussed here in the past and with Sully and Kellys play this year, I am not sure he is much of an upgrade on the court anyway.

Booker- If Ainge could steal him for a future pick it would be worth it as he might be a quality three point shooter soon. but is  he a clone to Hunter?

Chandler- IF The Suns want to blow it up , we can send them Lee for Chandler straight up! thank you.

kdp,

Len?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:00 pm

I saw the Suns play someone last week and was none too impressed with what they had on the court. Add the off-the-court mess and they are really struggling.

I guess that I would also take Chandler for Lee if Chandler's contract is an expiring one, but he is not the same guy he was just a while ago either although I only did see that one game.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:03 pm

not sure about Len myself now.

he was given a chance to be the starting center last season and was not able to grab it.

so they signed Chandler to a 4 year deal at $13M per this off-season.....was that more of the Suns being nutty or can't Len handle the spotlight?

Tj Warren I DID forget though....he might be a good SF , but not sure Ainge could pry him away from the Suns at this point. but you never know without asking, maybe Ainge coudl sned Rozier and our first next year for Warren?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:10 pm

wideclyde wrote:I saw the Suns play someone last week and was none too impressed with what they had on the court.  Add the off-the-court mess and they are really struggling.

I guess that I would also take Chandler for Lee if Chandler's contract is an expiring one, but he is not the same guy he was just a while ago either although I only did see that one game.

Chandler singned a 4 year deal at $13M per year I think.

so we would be sending Lee's expring contract to them to get Chandler for this year and three more.

I haven't seen Chandlers stats for this year yet, but he IS 33YO now. As we know he WAS a very good defensive center who could rebound well also. His best time will come the p[layoffs, where his experience and inside play will be more needed.

But if he pretty much done , then the additional years woudl not be worth it.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 pm

kdp,

I would rather keep Lee for the rest of this year than add Chandler with 3 more years at 13 per season as the Cs could possibly use him this year, but he is not much of an answer for three additional years.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:05 pm

I would likely agree. Even IF Chandler still has it , he may not be a great fit in Stevens system.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down