The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA

5 posters

Go down

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA Empty The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:59 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/boston-celtics-evan-turner-et-sandals-chain-012816

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA 030915-fsf-nba-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-2-PI.vadapt.980.high.5
Evan Turner is absolutely hilarious.
Wilfredo Lee / AP

By Michael Pina

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:05a ET

Boston Celtics guard Evan Turner has an eccentric personality. He's one of the best quotes in the league, and, after resurrecting his career in Boston, always seems to be in a great mood.

Every night, there's a memorable quote. Every day, there's a memorable tweet. Every 25 minutes, there's a memorable something on Instagram or Snapchat.

He sells t-shirts that read "#ET4PRESIDENT" on the back, with a sketch of his own silhouette replacing Jerry West's NBA logo on the chest:

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA CY26BmUWEAApktL

jenna @jennag98
got my @thekidet shirt in the mail! #et4president best xmas present ever! thank you @RGreene!
9:21 AM - 16 Jan 2016
 1 1 Retweet   10 10 likes

Then he gets teammates to wear them in public:

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA CYEtNOmWEAE1G1L

Boston Celtics ✔ @celtics
Step aside, Jerry West. @IamAmirJohnson is repping @thekidet T-shirt with a new version of #TheLogo.
3:24 PM - 6 Jan 2016
 116 116 Retweets   288 288 likes

His sandals are custom made:

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA CZw2o7QWIAAEBQV

Jay King ✔ @ByJayKing
Evan Turner's sandals, though...
3:25 PM - 27 Jan 2016
 25 25 Retweets   46 46 likes

He owns the single greatest necklace currently in existence:

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA B1_8DQHCMAAW3U5

Jay King ✔ @ByJayKing
RT @deafgeoff: Boston #Celtics' Evan Turner reveals his awesome E.T. chain http://ow.ly/3tZFrn  (@ByJayKing)
5:18 AM - 9 Nov 2014
 29 29 Retweets   21 21 likes

His sweater game is unrivaled in the Western Hemisphere:

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA CX7P_OSWsAAiL9f

J A R E D W E I S S @CLNS_JaredWeiss
Evan Turner in the running for sweater MVP tonight. #Celtics
7:20 PM - 4 Jan 2016
 85 85 Retweets   176 176 likes

And he knows it:

evan turner ✔ @thekidet
Great team effort and win tonight! ... I know, I know, my sweater tonight was fresh and 90s era nostalgic #NotoriousET
9:13 PM - 4 Jan 2016
 43 43 Retweets   148 148 likes

But more important than all that, Turner speaks his mind, win or lose. Earlier this season, he boldly compared a game-winning assist to Michael Jordan passing to Steve Kerr in the NBA Finals. And just look at what he said about teammate Kelly Olynyk after Wednesday night's win over the Denver Nuggets. Zero NBA players talk this way:

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA CZznetQXEAAyl5q

Jay O @MrTrpleDouble10
Via @ByJayKing - How can you not love Evan Turner?!?! http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/01/isaiah_thomas_mike_malone_bost.html#incart_river_index …
4:17 AM - 28 Jan 2016
 12 12 Retweets   24 24

Turner was drafted second overall, one pick behind John Wall, in the 2010 NBA draft, and hasn't come close to reaching those expectations. But his comedic value is off the charts, and don't be surprised if it eventually lands him a max contract. (That's the type of joke Turner wishes he thought of first.)

bob
MY NOTE:  What's really fun, in a "laughing through the pain" type of way, is that the silhouette on his t-shirt is of him celebrating hitting a 3.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA Empty Re: The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA

Post by wideclyde Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Hey, he seems to fit in very well with the Cs in both of the years that he has been with them.  He plays hard, does not whine or complain about playing time or starting or coming off the bench nor about his contract, has improved in just about every area except three point shooting since arriving and has a sense of humor that no one seems offended by.  Sounds like a good teammate to me to the point that I hope that if they have to trade him that they get a top quality player in return.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA Empty Re: The Boston Celtics officially have the funniest player in the NBA

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 am

wideclyde wrote:Hey, he seems to fit in very well with the Cs in both of the years that he has been with them.  He plays hard, does not whine or complain about playing time or starting or coming off the bench nor about his contract, has improved in just about every area except three point shooting since arriving and has a sense of humor that no one seems offended by.  Sounds like a good teammate to me to the point that I hope that if they have to trade him that they get a top quality player in return.

You'd be dreaming if you're hoping for "a top quality player" in return for trading Evan Turner. If he's traded, you can hope for "useful" or "serviceable." Top quality? Not likely. Unless he's packaged with somebody else of significance.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 am

Hes actually not that bad a player, he is flawed, but hes not a starter or talented enough to carry a team. But he can have good moments too, hes a young veteran, he can score, he can pass, he has a handle, plays hard on defense.....every now and then he flashes the form that made him the second overall pick, like when he blew by D Wade off the dribble for a finish that sealed that game.

Hes kind of like an anti Don Nelson, who was a flawed player who survived in the league on 2 championship eras, the Russell and Cowens teams on guile and a timely outside stroke. My point is you can have a player that doesn't fit the ideal mold and still find a place for him if he buys in and ET as a back up wing can defend, run and get on a few hot streaks just enough to help us.....this is the Celtic way, Red used to get alot out of odd parts that couldn't fit on other teams.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am

ET's 3 point shot is a joke, that's for sure, but otherwise he is a very useful player who can fill many roles when needed, much like Ben Zobrist in baseball. There's big value to that on a team.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down