Matty
11 posters

Go down

POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY Empty POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Bradley’s 3 at buzzer sends Celtics over Cavs, 104-103

CSNNE

A. SHERROD BLAKLEY

CLEVELAND – The game against the Cleveland Cavaliers was considered a litmus test, a measuring stick if you will, as to how far the Celtics have come, and how far they have to go to be one of the elite teams in the East.

No one believes Boston is there now, but the 104-103 win over the Cavs on Friday night is certainly a clear and undeniable sign of this team’s progress.

The Celtics have talked about the importance of the “little things” in order to win, because their margin of error regardless of the opponent isn’t very wide.

Boston executed to perfection when it mattered most as Avery Bradley drilled a game-winning three-pointer as time expired.

It was the kind of gut-check game that the Celtics (30-22) desperately needed to not just boost their confidence but send a message to the rest of the Eastern Conference that their recent run of success isn't a fluke.

LeBron James, who can coast for three quarters and still dominate games, became engaged and extremely aggressive in the game’s closing minutes.

When Cleveland cut Boston’s lead to 92-91, James scored Cleveland’s next six points with strong drives to the basket that he either finished or was fouled on the attempt.

With 90 seconds to play, Boston found itself down 97-94.

Boston continued to fight back despite James' dominance, and found themselves trailing 103-101 with Evan Turner at the line.

Turner missed and the ball sailed out of bounds with 3.7 seconds to play, with the initial ruling on the floor being it was Boston's ball.

After the official review, the initial ruling - Celtics ball - was upheld with the game clock adjusted to 4.1 seconds to play.

That set the stage for Bradley's winner.

When the season began, even the most optimistic Celtics fan envisioned a team that could play their way into middle-of-the-pack status in the Eastern Conference.

Still, with a strong showing against the Cavs , which was preceded by wins in seven of their previous eight games, the Celtics have to feel good about their chances of remaining among the upper echelon teams in the East.

And beating the Cavs in their own building (a place where they had won 42 straight prior to Friday when they had scored 100 or more points), can do nothing but boost the confidence of a Boston team that began the season as the league’s fifth-youngest team.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bradley’s Buzzer-Beater Gives Celtics 104-103 Win Over Cavaliers

SPORTS HUB

By The Sports Xchange

Avery Bradley #0 of the Boston Celtics shoots the ball against the Cleveland Cavaliers. (Photo by David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images)
CLEVELAND — Avery Bradley’s 3-pointer from the corner gave the Boston Celtics a stunning 104-103 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night when they rallied from five points down in the final 20 seconds.

The Cavaliers seemed to have the victory sealed when guard J.R. Smith grabbed an offensive rebound off forward LeBron James’ missed 3-pointer with 22 seconds left. Guard Kyrie Irving made a pair of 3-pointers to give the Cavaliers a 101-96 lead, but Smith fouled swingman Evan Turner on a drive to the basket with four seconds left.

The Celtics trailed 103-99 when Smith fouled Turner on a drive to the basket. Turner missed the free throw, but the ball went out of bounds on the Cavaliers, leaving the Celtics with possession and one final shot to win it.

Bradley made a 3-pointer over outstretched guard Iman Shumpert, stunning a sellout crowd and handing the Cavaliers just their fourth home loss of the season.

James scored 30 points, including 13 in the fourth quarter, but it wasn’t enough on a night the Cavaliers lost forward Kevin Love to another injury against the Celtics.

Guard Isaiah Thomas scored 22 points and Turner had 19 points, 12 rebounds and six assists off the bench for the Celtics, who squandered a 92-85 lead with 3:18 left, only to rally and win at the buzzer.

Smith scored 20 points before fouling out on the critical foul against Turner and Irving had 19 points and six assists for the Cavaliers.

Now the Cavaliers will wait to learn the severity of Love’s latest injury. His run of bad luck against the Celtics continued when he left the game late in the third quarter with a bruised left thigh and did not return.

Love was bumped by Thomas under the basket Friday with two minutes left in the quarter.

Love dropped to the ground and was writhing in pain on the baseline. He had to be helped to the bench and later limped to the locker room under his own power.

Love left the game with 10 points and five rebounds, although he had eight points and four rebounds after the first quarter.

NOTES: F Jae Crowder did not participate in Friday’s shoot-around but played through a sprained right ankle against the Cavaliers. He was injured Wednesday against the Detroit Pistons. … Cavaliers G J.R. Smith was not invited to the 3-point shooting event at All-Star weekend. He has never been invited despite ranking 18th all time in 3-pointers made. F LeBron James campaigned for him to make the team last month but to no avail. “I might take the Marshawn Lynch approach on this one, so I don’t get fined,” Smith said. “I got a lot to say about it, but I’m not going to say anything because it’s not going to help it.” … Cavaliers G Matthew Dellavedova missed his second game with a sore left hamstring. Coach Ty Lue indicated Dellavedova could miss Saturday’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans as well.

Back to top Go down

POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY Empty Re: POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY

Post by Matty Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:09 pm

112288 wrote:[b]

CLEVELAND – The game against the Cleveland Cavaliers was considered a litmus test, a measuring stick if you will, as to how far the Celtics have come, and how far they have to go to be one of the elite teams in the East.

No one believes Boston is there now,

Oh really?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:22 pm

It said that Bradley hit the last shot over the "outstretched" guard Iman Shumpert.  I watched the last play many times (over and over Very Happy) and I didn't see any outstretching of any kind.  He never raised his arms to defend the shot at all.

POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY Shumpe10

POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY Celts_10

Last edited by gyso on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10 am

and Love wasn't bumped by Thomas under the basket it was in the lane and it was a good clean box out by Marcus Smart, are all these reporters idiots?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:32 am

My prediction of 51 wins at the beginning of the season is looking pretty good now. Or are we going to win even more?
Love this team. A superstar might be nice if he wouldn't disturb the team's chemistry, but do we really need one?  Shouldn't we just roll with what we have and see how much more improvement is possible?
Aside from AB's heroics ET played one heck of a game. Ah, WTH they all did!

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:07 am

Crowder said he felt like he was playing on one leg. Said he probably would've sat against any other team.

"I can't even lie to you. I wouldn't have played against any other team except this one. I f***ing hate this team after the Playoffs last year."

"The end of that Celtics game should convince LeBron that he has a long way to go to match Brad Stevens as a coach." Heinsohn

And as we have all ready seen our Coach is cool as a cucumber .......Stevens didn't move the entire time during the final play and even after

POST GAME CLEVELAND - AWAY Steven15

DAYS SINCE A 10+ POINT LOSS (and you can add a day to this for us)

BOSTON – 52
TORONTO – 32
MEMPHIS – 24
UTAH - 23

Since Isaiah Thomas's 1st game with the Celtics they are 50-31.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:16 am

Here is the game winner!!

That was from the Cav feed.  

Oh my gosh . . .

That's the ballgame . . . you gotta be kidding me !?!

Man I tell you, Avery Bradley just stole the game.

Wow, an absolute Celtic heist.
(sad face)

I think Mike Gorman said, "Avery Bradley . . . WON THE GAME!!!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 am

There was a pot 'o gold at the end of Bradley's rainbw. What a win. What a team. Tied for 3rd in the East. Yes Brad was cool as a cuke at the end, just standing there as if it were no big deal for the Celts to win. That's attitude!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:08 am

Of all the games for me to miss, I had to miss this one. Sick as a dog with some bronchial bug going around, slept for 21 hours straight.

I'll find some highlights, I'll read the Game On thread and this thread and try to catch up.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:27 am

My son and I were jumping for joy after our favorite Celtic nailed that shot.

Game was alot of ups and downs, we couldn't hit a thing at beginning, falling behind 15-2. We battled back, took the lead and was a great back and forth game. Crowder went 1-9 and IT 5-19 and KO didn't do a thing. Evan Turner is a beast, runs the floor so well, great handle, okay he can't shoot the 3, if hes not in this game its a 20 point blow out. Tyler Zeller found his touch around the rim, if we can keep getting that going forward.

Some low points were Sully bricking 2 FT's that could have given us a 6 point lead in 4th, then JR Doufus hits a 3 and its a one point game. I was cursing you fat piece of sh$t....I wanted to cut Sully right there!!! How many times did IT drive into a bunch of trees? and throw the ball away? He can help, but he gets so out of control, hes a tough little guy, hes got to play ALOT smarter. How did we do enough to pull this out? thank god JR Doufus fouled Turner on that drive, theres a player who continually makes crucial losing plays.....kudos to AB, Turner and Zeller, they carried us. Smart and Crowder played gritty physical defense....How great a coach is Brad Stevens? Love the pace we maintained all game, we woulda really beat them up if we weren't so cold at the start and IT could harness his game....amazing win.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:29 am

Interesting to read this Cav forum especially AFTER the Bradly winning hoop.
Good for a few minutes of entertainment

Their fans are about as scattered as their owner

http://www.cavfanatic.com/forums/cavsnbabasketball_game-information_official-game-thread-cleveland-cavaliers-vs-boston-celtics-25?plckForumPostOnPage=6

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:33 am

This is the Cleveland feed.  Listen to the difference in the way they called the game when the Cavs were up double digits and when they weren't.  By the time the last few minutes came around the color announcer was saying that he thinks "they had regressed, as a team, from where they were at this time last year".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi,
I'm very happy that we won. The AB's buzzer beater was great.
But the game ball goes to the grit and heart of the whole team.

And please, please, pleeeaaazzz, don't put clips with the Cleveland announcer here. Whatever games I watch with Cavs I mute my TV to avoid listening to these morons. Thank you very much!
cheers cheers cheers

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:35 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,

And please, please, pleeeaaazzz, don't put clips with the Cleveland announcer here. Whatever games I watch with Cavs I mute my TV to avoid listening to these morons. Thank you very much!
cheers cheers cheers

AK

sorry sinus, they are the only clips I could find.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:54 pm

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/2/5/10925802/thanks-to-brutal-blunder-from-j-r-smith-celtics-come-back-from-the

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:03 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,

cheers cheers cheers

AK

I actually enjoyed the Cleveland feed, they were ripping the Cavs and deservedly so.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Steve3344,
Very true.
I bet in that split second before lay-up, ET was thinking: "Am I dreaming? Oh, it's JR. It is reality. Thanks, moron. "

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Argh. I turned the game off after the Cs started fouling them with 25 sec or so left, figuring it was over. Glad to hear we won. That's what I get for turning it off. Smile

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:34 pm

I've watched the final play a few times.

What I love was the double screen set by Bradley and Sully on top that IT came over to get the inbound pass, with Bradley setting a nice screen on Thomas' man.  Then, when Thomas dribbled in with the ball, Bradley came off the screen with Sully picking HIS man off and moved towards the corner while Sully rolled to the hoop.

A very well-drawn up ATO by Brad. Well executed multiple picks, lots of movement by our guys.  Thomas flowed left, into the corner, Bradley flowed left into the empty area Thomas vacated and drew the defense away from. Good TEAM basketball. It's like a receiver in football going through a zone and taking the cornerback and linebacker with him and then another receiver goes right back there.

Interestingly, Smart never came onto the floor after inbounding the ball and Turner stayed weakside for a rebound that would never be available because the clock would have run down by then.

Brad is one hellaciously good coach and the players are learning his movement offense.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:44 pm

bobheckler wrote:I've watched the final play a few times.

What I love was the double screen set by Bradley and Sully on top that IT came over to get the inbound pass, with Bradley setting a nice screen on Thomas' man.  Then, when Thomas dribbled in with the ball, Bradley came off the screen with Sully picking HIS man off and moved towards the corner while Sully rolled to the hoop.

A very well-drawn up ATO by Brad. Well executed multiple picks, lots of movement by our guys.  Thomas flowed left, into the corner, Bradley flowed left into the empty area Thomas vacated and drew the defense away from.  Good TEAM basketball.  It's like a receiver in football going through a zone and taking the cornerback and linebacker with him and then another receiver goes right back there.

Interestingly, Smart never came onto the floor after inbounding the ball and Turner stayed weakside for a rebound that would never be available because the clock would have run down by then.

Brad is one hellaciously good coach and the players are learning his movement offense.

bob

Pretty sure Smart wasn't even in the game, think you mean Crowder

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 pm

beat wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I've watched the final play a few times.

A very well-drawn up ATO by Brad. Well executed multiple picks, lots of movement by our guys.  Thomas flowed left, into the corner, Bradley flowed left into the empty area Thomas vacated and drew the defense away from.  Good TEAM basketball.  It's like a receiver in football going through a zone and taking the cornerback and linebacker with him and then another receiver goes right back there.

bob

Pretty sure Smart wasn't even in the game, think you mean Crowder

beat

beat,

Right again. Once you move away from a simple conventional haircut I get all confused.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:36 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/watch-stevens-reaction-bradley-game-winner

This is SO Brad.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:03 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/watch-stevens-reaction-bradley-game-winner

This is SO Brad.

bob

Just notices on this angle how easy they allowed Crowder to inbound the ball too

.................this is so................... Bron  LOL or should it be Lue

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down