Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team'

3 posters

Go down

Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team' Empty Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team'

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:29 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/04/boston_celtics_marcus_smart_on_1.html

Boston Celtics' Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team'

Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team' 20197325-mmmain
Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart (36) drives against Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott during the third quarter in Game 3 of a first-round NBA basketball playoff series Friday, April 22, 2016, in Boston. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on April 23, 2016 at 5:11 PM

WALTHAM -- Marcus Smart's flop during the final minutes of Game 3 Friday night was egregious enough to inspire a wrestling meme on the internet, but the Boston Celtics guard had a simple explanation for what happened.

"I was just trying to make winning plays for my team," Smart said after practice Saturday.

Just trying to make winning plays:

Unfortunately for Smart, the referees did not fall for the acting job, and the NBA later hit the guard with a $5,000 fine. The Celtics did hold on for a 111-103 victory to cut their series deficit against the Atlanta Hawks to 2-1.

"I believe every player that plays is just trying to do everything he can to help his team," Smart said. "Just make the plays. You just go out there. You know you're going out there and playing hard and giving it your all and you just try to do anything you can in your power that you can do to help your team."

Just trying to do everything he can to help his team:

bob
MY NOTE:  The end result of Smart's attempt to make "winning plays" was that Atlanta got a fast break opportunity while he laid on the floor and writhed in fake pain while the guy who barely touched him ran down court.

It's called "Celtic Pride", Marcus.  Show some.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team' Empty Re: Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team'

Post by wideclyde Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:10 pm

I did not like Smart's statement referring to his reasoning for the big flop, but it is easy to see why some guys will try this type of play since they see it successful far more times than it should be.

Probably one of the reasons that Thomas did get suspended for hitting Schroder the other night was that Schroder faked (a full second after he was hit) getting killed by Thomas while he (Schroder was trying to get a call).

Smart can afford the fine, but far more other guys in the NBA also deserve such and similar fines as well for the same exact infraction.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team' Empty Re: Marcus Smart on ridiculous flop: 'Just trying to make winning plays for my team'

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:46 am

Basketball is becoming soccer.

Over-dramatic flops and ads going on uniforms.

What's next, ripping off your jersey after a basket?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down