DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’

5 posters

Go down

DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’ Empty DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’

Post by 112288 Thu May 05, 2016 8:13 am

WEEI

By Mike Petraglia

Isaiah Thomas will be representing the Celtics at the lottery draft. (Brett Davis/USA Today Sports)

WALTHAM — The Celtics are going in a different direction to change their lottery luck.

Danny Ainge, the team’s president of basketball operations, confirmed the big news after draft workouts Wednesday that they’re not sending one of the legends like Bill Russell, Tom Heinsohn or Jo Jo White to New York City for the May 17 draft lottery.

Instead, they’re sending a current star who seems perfectly suited to fitting the bill of bringing good luck: Isaiah Thomas.

“Sure. Yeah. He’s our leprechaun,” Ainge joked Wednesday.

Ainge said it was actually a decision made after consultation with owners Wyc Grousbeck and Stephen Pagliuca and team president Rich Gotham.

“Wyc and Rich and I collectively, and Pags, we talked about it and thought it would be a great idea,” Ainge said. “And Isaiah when he was told, it was like his eyes lit up. He loves that stuff.”

Ainge was asked to respond to those who argue that Thomas is not a foundational piece of the Celtics and key to their team moving forward.

“Have they been to any games?” Ainge replied.

Back to top Go down

DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’ Empty Re: DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’

Post by bobheckler Thu May 05, 2016 8:52 am

“Sure. Yeah. He’s our leprechaun,” Ainge joked Wednesday.

Gives a whole new meaning to "black Irish".

If he gets us the #1 pick, after all the times the pingpong gods have screwed us over, I'd make him permanent.  Not just after he retires but even after he dies.  I'd have him stuffed, put in the trophy case and take him out only when we're in the lottery again.

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’ Empty Re: DANNY AINGE SENDING ISAIAH THOMAS TO NYC TO BRING CELTICS LOTTERY LUCK: ‘HE’S OUR LEPRECHAUN’

Post by wideclyde Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 am

Bob,

You may be showing your age and frustration with the lottery all at the same time, but funny post either way because so many of the rest of us probably feel the same way.

Thomas or a ball out of the ball bag, it is time for the Cs to get a little lottery luck.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 05, 2016 9:53 am

bobheckler wrote:“Sure. Yeah. He’s our leprechaun,” Ainge joked Wednesday.

Gives a whole new meaning to "black Irish".

If he gets us the #1 pick, after all the times the pingpong gods have screwed us over, I'd make him permanent.  Not just after he retires but even after he dies.  I'd have him stuffed, put in the trophy case and take him out only when we're in the lottery again.

bob

Sort of reminds me when the Broad St Bullies in Philly would wheel out Kate Smith to sing "GOD BLESS AMERICA" whenever they needed to win a game....and her record was pretty good in doing so too.

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/kate.cgi

beat

PS Can IT sing?
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 05, 2016 10:16 am

Mebbe we will have some luck with the ping pong balls. I've ran 4 Sims on nba realgm and have had boston picking 2nd 3 times and first once. Funny though about poor lakers, they have only got a pick once.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down