Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick.

+5
wideclyde
tjmakz
arambone
swish
international
9 posters

Go down

Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick. Empty Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick.

Post by international Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:29 pm

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/With-the-No-1-pick-the-76ers-select--Jamal-Murray.html

international

Back to top Go down

Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick. Empty Re: Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick.

Post by swish Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:52 pm

international wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/With-the-No-1-pick-the-76ers-select--Jamal-Murray.html

Wow - stay tuned - 17 days to go - many more rumors to come. Number of rumors may exceed the NATIONAL DEBT

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick. Empty Re: Rumor has the Sixers taking Jamaal Murray with the first pick.

Post by arambone Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Dario Saric says he wants to come over this year, and he's a similar player to Ben Simmons. Both are 6'10 point forwards, though Dario is probably much more intense and tough.

Drafting Ben Simmons with Saric already in the long term plans would be a bit of an odd move. Kind of like drafting Okafor over Porzingis last year was an odd move.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:31 pm

This is an interesting rumor.
I'm doubtful there's much to it, but it makes us wonder who started this rumor.
I don't see the value of Philly intentionally leaking this rumor.
Would there be a strategic reason why Philly would leak this? Hmmmm...
It will be interesting if more comes out over the next few days about Murray being taken very early in the draft.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:04 am

For a team that needs guards more than forwards at this time, this rumor does make some sense especially if this kid can also succeed as a point guard.

If there is any truth to the rumor, it would seem that the Cs would benefit in some way with either Simmons or Ingram becoming available as the third pick. Or, if the 'ers want him (Murray) badly enough and still want to keep their first pick, the Cs should get something pretty positive for giving up their third pick.

Keep an eye on the "ers as they are not being run with the same idiotic approach that they have been for the last few years. The Colangelos are not Sam Hinke, and their entire base is pretty sick of the tanking approach.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:18 am

IF that rumor is true it may allow Danny a chance to move up into the #1 slot.

#3, 16 & 35

for #1 & 26

Then the pressure would really be on Danny to make the right pick.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:23 am

kdp,

Not sure why Philly would give up the number one pick if they really want Murray.

That move would leave them kind of stuck if LA were to take Murray if the Cs were to take Ingram or Simmons.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:41 am

one of those trades that happens AFTER the picks are made/

Philly takes Dannys guy
and we take Murray at #3.

then trade announced

Philly gets their guy and moves up 10 spots for their second pick in the first round. Also they get a high second for their trouble.

Is either Simmons or Ingram worth it, I think so.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:56 am

kdp,

I better see your logic now.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:25 am

It seems to me there was a reason why the 76 ers VP of Player Personnel went out of his way to mention Jamal Murray.
I'm not sure if it was for a strategic reason, but teams never talk about who they are taking with the #1 pick.
I'm saying this rumor is BS until proven otherwise.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:54 am

IF ( big if) it is coming from the Philly front office, it seems to be to be for driving up trade value for that #1 pick.

lets assume they do the rumored Noel for Teague deal.

Okafor then stays
Saric comes over now that the tank a thon is done

they are setting themselves up nicely , especially if The Colangelo's can convince a young high level FA to come over at either the 2 or 3 spot. a player like K. Bazemore or E. Fournier for instance.

or they could even make a play for a max deal on a player like H. Barnes.
they have the cap space to do BOTH barnes and Bazemore

Imagine that off season.

Okafor
Barnes
Saric
Bazemore
Teague

a bench of
Murray
Embiid
Grant
Covington
Thompson
Stauskas
Landry

not bad really.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:18 am

kdp59 wrote:IF ( big if) it is coming from the Philly front office, it seems to be to be for driving up trade value for that #1 pick.

lets assume they do the rumored Noel for Teague deal.

Okafor then stays
Saric  comes over now that the tank a thon is done

they are setting themselves up nicely  , especially if The Colangelo's can convince a  young high level FA to come over at either the 2 or 3 spot. a player like K. Bazemore or E. Fournier for instance.

or they could even make a play for a max deal on a player like H. Barnes.
they have the cap space to do BOTH barnes and Bazemore

Imagine that off season.

Okafor
Barnes
Saric
Bazemore
Teague

a bench of
Murray
Embiid
Grant
Covington
Thompson
Stauskas
Landry

not bad really.

Many teams would be happy to have the young players Philly has.
I could see Philly really overpaying by giving Mike Conley or Harrison Barnes $20m contracts.
I think they will be able to sign B category free agents.
Sam Hinskie's plan will be realized very soon even though he is gone.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Chances that Philly is seriously considering taking Murray with the first pick -- 3 percent.

Chances that Philly is just messing with everyone to keep them off balance -- 97 percent.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm

Outside wrote:Chances that Philly is seriously considering taking Murray with the first pick -- 3 percent.

Chances that Philly is just messing with everyone to keep them off balance -- 97 percent.

outside,

Chances of Philly throwing Danny off balance -- 3 percent.

Chances of him throwing us off balance -- 97 percent.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

Just another day down at the rumor mill...

The whole pre-draft waste of time thing.

The article seems to be a reach, especially the part discussing Murray's game.  I've seen this elsewhere as well, so I suppose they're not alone; they talk about Murray being praised for his ability to create shots off the dribble.  Where; on some highly edited video?  Ever watch a Kentucky game?  Murray gets his points coming off screens.  He has a difficult time creating his own shot.  Does Philly have a team that might be able to utilize Murray in this way?  Not at this time.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLNv6SYzofU

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:16 pm

In my opinion Murray does not have any problem creating his own shot.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:28 pm

International,

In a way, that video kind of helps make my point.

After giving Murray the point guard spot at the start of the season, Kentucky gave PG back to Tyler Ulis because of Murray's limitations.  Among them, as they point out in the video, his constant need to go left on the drive.

Lots of Kentucky games, obviously, were televised this past season.  In most of them, Murray's handle was inconsistent and he simply had to rely on those well-set Kentucky screens to get his shot.  The team rosters in this video, although containing some notable D1 players, were not up to the level of NCAA competition Murray faced either.

I think for Murray to get anywhere in the NBA, it's going to take a versatile roster around him.  Philly just doesn't have much beyond 2, maybe 3, good young bigs, and perhaps Stauskas, at this time.

I think they'll take Ingram. Simmons if they think he's an NBA SF. Or, they work out a deal where they end up with Dunn, if they deal one of their bigs or trade out of the top pick.  Mostly, I think they'll take Ingram.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down