Chad Ford Just Motivated IT

2 posters

Go down

Chad Ford Just Motivated IT Empty Chad Ford Just Motivated IT

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Brock Bennett ‏@BBennett1992  22m22 minutes ago
@CSauveur14 @Isaiah_Thomas @chadfordinsider Pretty much said the C's have no point guard on their roster.
0 retweets 8 likes
Reply   Retweet    
Like 8  
More

Corey St.Sauveur ‏@CSauveur14  10m10 minutes ago
@BBennett1992 @CeltsBanner18 @Isaiah_Thomas they should take Dunn, trade smart, let Thomas play the 2....his points would go up
0 retweets 1 like
Reply   Retweet    
Like 1  
More

Isaiah ThomasVerified account
‏@Isaiah_Thomas
@chadfordinsider that's how you feel huh? LOL This is what keeps me motivated, thank you!
@chadfordinsider that's how you feel huh? LOL This is what keeps me motivated, thank you!
RETWEETS
Nick BlakeSamBradMichaelReece FlippoBenzfan33Mike ChungAndrew WillettNoah
5:10 PM - 21 Jun 2016
148 retweets 206 likes
Reply   Retweet  148  
Like 206  
More

Nico Ray ‏@nicoray79  28m28 minutes ago
@Isaiah_Thomas just another chip to add to the shoulder
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet    
More

bob
MY NOTE:  Thanks, Chad Ford, you just helped IT go to the next level.  LOL.  The funny thing is, it makes some sense.  Dunn is a better point guard than Smart and IT is effective when he just shoots.  Saying "trade Smart" doesn't mean that IT can't do it, it's saying that Ford thinks that Dunn is better than Smart, so trade Smart. That's ok, it's all bulletin board material for IT and Smart now.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Chad Ford Just Motivated IT Empty Re: Chad Ford Just Motivated IT

Post by Ram Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:37 pm

It does seem to me that most Celtic fans think that when we are contenders in 1-2 years it will be because Smart takes that next jump from what he is right now to what his potential is. Right now he is basically a young Tony Allen who can really pester teams best offensive players at the SG/SF positions with little offense provided (better handle than TA had, doesn't make crazy dunks like pre-2007 injury TA did though). I always thought his potential was as a Chauncey Billups/Dennis Johnson type player, who might take awhile to become a starting PG, but can combine immediate great defense with at least a young Billups 34-37% 3-point shooting and a young DJ's ability to drop 20ppg, and both those guys rose to the occasion in big games. 

If Smart became that type of player then IT could be moved to SG, since Smart actually has a harder time guarding quick/short PG's than most SF's (and IT can only guard those PG's) and Bradley becomes the 3rd guard playing near starter minutes paired with someone like Rozier or Hunter who just plays 8-12 mins a game. 

That is the goal of the current roster build at guard.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Building off my post above, if Smart CANNOT become that type of player and is going to strictly be a Tony Allen type 3rd guard, elite defender of wing players (with the added bonus of having the handle to play backup PG) then the C's have two options at guard:

1. Draft Dunn, assuming they feel he is everything Smart was supposed to be as a starting PG just not quite the defender of SG's but a better defender of PG's who will never be asked to defend SF's.

2. Trade for someone like Jimmy Butler or Kris Middleton giving up pick #3 and Bradley in the process. 

Option #1 likely involves trading Smart for the starting PF or C this team desperately needs and keeping Bradley. With Dunn's big payday coming 2 more years down the road from Smart, the team can pay Bradley and Thomas big money when their deals are up after 2018. This crew would also REALLY need Hunter to step up and be a 16-20 minute backup SG who hits nearly 40% from 3. 

Option #2 involves starting SG's in Butler and Middleton who are under control for the next 3 years (w/ a 4th year option) in the 14-19 million per year range that Thomas and Bradley will command in 2 years. So you replaced what you would have to pay Bradley in two years with a BETTER player, but unless you want to trust Rozier to be as good a 3rd guard as Bradley would be for you in option #1 the C's are going to want to keep Smart and are left with Rozier, Young and future picks as the trade bait for a big man, which is less appealing than Smart. 

I think those are the two options the C's brass are mulling as far as setting up their backcourt for the next 1/2 decade when they hope to be contenders in that 2018-2020 range. 

The can then go after one of Horford, Whiteside, Biyombo, Ezeli, Howard to solve one of the 2 frontcourt positions for the next 4 years and then see what Durant does. If KD opts to play in OKC for one more year and hit free agency in 2017 (like most people think he will) then I see the C's faced with two more options:

1. Sign Jared Dudley and either keep Jerebko/Amir or if they were traded then add a PF/C on a big one year deal like they did with Amir such as Bass or Jefferson, former C's the fans will be happy to see back as stop-gaps to the 2017 offseason.

2. Sign Chandler Parsons or Harrison Barnes, knowing even in 2017 Durant will be a long-shot, and then if KD wants to come here next summer trade Parsons/Barnes to create the cap space.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down