Isaiah Thomas: Celtics ‘definitely have a shot’ at Kevin Durant

Go down

Isaiah Thomas: Celtics ‘definitely have a shot’ at Kevin Durant Empty Isaiah Thomas: Celtics ‘definitely have a shot’ at Kevin Durant

Post by 112288 Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:47 pm

CSNNE

By A. Sherrod Blakely June 23, 2016 2:57 PM

BOSTON – Danny Ainge is no different than any other league executive whose focus right now is on the NBA draft tonight.

Well, Celtics All-Star guard Isaiah Thomas has his sights on the future as well.

And the way he sees it, that future in Boston could include soon-to-be free agent Kevin Durant.

Despite the odds being heavily against the perennial All-Star signing on with the Celtics this summer, that hasn’t deterred Thomas’ efforts to help Boston land the top free agent on the market.

“We definitely have a shot. I know that for sure,” said Thomas, speaking on [former Celtic] Jason Terry’s SiriusXM NBA radio show Wednesday night. “And I’m just trying to reach out when I can and stay in his ear a little bit here and there. I know it’s a tough time for him because everybody’s probably trying to reach out and get him to go where they want him to go. But my relationship with him is real genuine and hopefully I can get him to come to Boston and we can bring banner 18 there.”

Like many athletes who have come to play for the Celtics, Thomas wasn’t sure what it would be like playing in Boston.

Needless to say, he has been pleasantly surprised at how smooth the transition has been since the Phoenix Suns dealt him to Boston at the trade deadline in 2015.

“It’s an honor to even be in the Celtics organization,” Thomas said. “And I just think with the fan base and the sports town that Boston is, it’s one of a kind. I’ve never seen anything like it. I haven’t played in the LAs or the New Yorks or things like that but Boston and what I’ve heard and what I’ve seen, there’s nothing like it. And if you win in Boston you’ll be loved forever. So that’s the only thing I can tell him. I keep it real short and genuine and keep it real with him. Boston is one of the best cities that I’ve ever been a part of.”

Back to top Go down