dboss
tjmakz
worcester
bobc33
sinus007
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Durant seems to have list of 6 teams he will interview with in NYC - Page 4 Empty Re: Durant seems to have list of 6 teams he will interview with in NYC

Post by arambone Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:11 pm

I think Zizic is still in Europe, but Yabusele yes.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Durant seems to have list of 6 teams he will interview with in NYC - Page 4 Empty Re: Durant seems to have list of 6 teams he will interview with in NYC

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:12 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:are Yabusele and Zizic on the SL roster?

Cow,

Yabusele yes, Zizic no.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:06 am

Zizic should be playing, doesn't he know this is what its all about?

if hes what we drafted him for then lets get to it, I'd be itching to get on the floor if I was him....

he led his Euro League in rebounding, come on Danny, get that white boy over here!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:16 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Zizic should be playing, doesn't he know this is what its all about?

if hes what we drafted him for then lets get to it, I'd be itching to get on the floor if I was him....

he led his Euro League in rebounding, come on Danny, get that white boy over here!!!!!

Cow,

It's a legal thing. He is still technically under contract. If they want him this year they need to buy him out and it has only been 1 week..

Interestingly, in this wild and crazy first week of free agency, nobody has made an offer to Sully.

Dwight Powell, the guy who was considered a throw-in in the Rondo deal, just signed a 4 year $37M deal with Dallas. And nobody is even asking Sully out on a date.

It will be interesting to watch the "French dancing bear" tomorrow.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:24 am

bob sadly hes the fat girl who can't get a date

I didn't see that pathetic bad weak stretch coming in this years playoffs, throughout history thats the time the real players show their stuff and lay it all out on the floor.....something was really missing in Sully's game, he couldn't even catch the ball right, he was so shaky, what happened to his rebounding? he couldn't do a thing against anyone, Hawks bench players were taking it right to him. I was a big fan, what does his agent say to teams about his complete playoff disappearance? nobody cares about excuses anymore at certain levels.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:29 am

where is Sully right now, is he further doing nothing and eating junk food or at the training facility working out?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:29 am

who gives a shit.....????

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:33 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob sadly hes the fat girl who can't get a date

I didn't see that pathetic bad weak stretch coming in this years playoffs, throughout history thats the time the real players show their stuff and lay it all out on the floor.....something was really missing in Sully's game, he couldn't even catch the ball right, he was so shaky, what happened to his rebounding? he couldn't do a thing against anyone, Hawks bench players were taking it right to him. I was a big fan, what does his agent say to teams about his complete playoff disappearance? nobody cares about excuses anymore at certain levels.....

Not sure you saw this a week or so ago. A writer who covers the Pelicans makes a case (pleads actually) for New Orleans to sign Sully:

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/6/24/11938052/2016-nba-free-agency-jared-sullinger-defense-rebounding-new-orleans-pelicans

And in this article today has more to say about it:

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/7/3/12092290/2016-nba-free-agency-pelicans-next-move-trade-tyreke-evans-terrence-jones-jared-sullinger

Excerpt:

Trading away both Evans and Ajinca might open up the space to sign Jared Sullinger. I wrote extensively about Sullinger the day after the draft and everything still stands. After the Celtics gained Al Horford it is almost a certainty that Boston will not match a solid offer to Sully as a restricted free agent. New Orleans is interested in players who can pass and few big men are as adept as Jared Sullinger.

Last week ESPN's Kevin Pelton ranked the top 25 free agents this summer. Sullinger came in 8th, ahead of Chandler Parsons (4/$94M from Memphis), Dwight Howard (3/$70.5M from Atlanta), and DeMar DeRozan (5/$145M from Toronto) among many, many others.

At age 23 (he turned 24 in March), Sullinger started 73 games for a team that won 48 games and played better with him on the court. He's a terrific defensive rebounder who provides a modicum of floor spacing and is a good passer for a big man. As a result, he ranked 33rd in the league in RPM.

There's reason for concern, certainly. Sullinger's weight could prove an increasing issue as he ages, and since he struggles to defend on the perimeter or protect the rim, he couldn't stay on the court in the playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks. That last impression will be tough for Sullinger to shake this summer.

Nonetheless, a team could do worse than try to pry Sullinger away from the Celtics with an offer in the $10-15 million range per year.

If Boston desired Tyreke Evans as a secondary ball handler working out a sign-and-trade could be done easily. In fact, adding in the relatively cheap contract of Alexis Ajinca could be seen as a plus to Boston who still lacks anything resembling a rim protector. Turning Sullinger's modest $5.7 million cap hold into Tyreke Evans and Alexis Ajinca could improve Boston's standing in the eastern conference. (Finding the necessary roster spots is a different matter entirely.)

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 am

I'm not on Twitter but after seeing posts of Horford's announcement I've got a suggestion for KD. Something on the lines of "Just talked to Mrs. Reggie Lewis, she gave me her blessing", and then a picture of 35 hanging in the rafters.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:50 am

I'm not feeling it for KD. If it's us vs. GSW, then GSW still have us beat by a mile, even with Horford. If Horford was one of the guys on KD's alleged short list, then DA went out and got him what he asked for.

The good news is, we will know by the end of the day where KD will be going. I still think we are obviously the dark horse. We have too much ground to make up even with Horford vs. GSW and OKC offers to make it attractive enough for KD to pull the plug.

Then all we have to sell is intangible history and tradition, which is the strongest play, but it's not tangible like OKC and GSW are so much closer to the title(s) than we are right now.

Who will have the best long term pitch? That would be us. Just ask GSW and CLE as they have reached the mountain top and it's all down hill from there. What a classic decision KD has to make.

On an aside, I would like to see and emotional KD in Boston. He's always so stoic, which is what you need, but the Boston tradition will/would infiltrate and consume him and turn him into an assassin like James has become. I wouldn't want him showboating or anything like that because that's not Boston. Just some steely grit which the Boston fan base would eat up and feed him in buckets and droves.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4