Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season

4 posters

Go down

Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season Empty Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:43 pm

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Dario-Saric-tells-FIBA-reporter-hes-coming-to-the-76ers-this-season.html

Will he or won’t he? It seems like 2014 draft pick Dario Saric can finally put that question to rest.

After being named MVP in an Olympic Qualifier that earned Croatia a ticket to the Rio Olympics, the 22-year-old Croatian star told a FIBA reporter that he plans on joining the Sixers next season.

“After this tournament... I will meet with my manager and my parents, and I’ll book the tickets to the United States to visit my teammates during the Summer League in Vegas,” Saric said before being interrupted by a FIBA reporter.

“Yes or no?” the reporter pressed.

“Yes,” Saric replied definitavely.

bob
MY NOTE:

So, the Sixers' roster next year looks like this:

Embiid
either Okafur or Noel (assuming one gets traded)
Simmons
Saric
Isaiah Cannon
Sergio Rodriguez
Carl Landry
Nic Stauskas
Timothe Luwawu
Richaun Holmes
Robert Covington
TJ McConnell
Jerami Grant

That front court is as talented as Minnesota's.  Just as young too.

I'd trade Smart and the Brooklyn's pick next year for either Okafur or Noel, and Saric.  I'd also throw in Demetrius Jackson, if they want another point guard or Young or Hunter if they want a shooter.  I'd throw in Zeller if they want a big.  I'd even throw in Amir, but that would make the $ not work.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season Empty Re: Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season

Post by swish Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:11 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Dario-Saric-tells-FIBA-reporter-hes-coming-to-the-76ers-this-season.html

Will he or won’t he? It seems like 2014 draft pick Dario Saric can finally put that question to rest.

After being named MVP in an Olympic Qualifier that earned Croatia a ticket to the Rio Olympics, the 22-year-old Croatian star told a FIBA reporter that he plans on joining the Sixers next season.

“After this tournament... I will meet with my manager and my parents, and I’ll book the tickets to the United States to visit my teammates during the Summer League in Vegas,” Saric said before being interrupted by a FIBA reporter.

“Yes or no?” the reporter pressed.

“Yes,” Saric replied definitavely.

bob
MY NOTE:

So, the Sixers' roster next year looks like this:

Embiid
either Okafur or Noel (assuming one gets traded)
Simmons
Saric
Isaiah Cannon
Sergio Rodriguez
Carl Landry
Nic Stauskas
Timothe Luwawu
Richaun Holmes
Robert Covington
TJ McConnell
Jerami Grant

That front court is as talented as Minnesota's.  Just as young too.

I'd trade Smart and the Brooklyn's pick next year for either Okafur or Noel, and Saric.  I'd also throw in Demetrius Jackson, if they want another point guard or Young or Hunter if they want a shooter.  I'd throw in Zeller if they want a big.  I'd even throw in Amir, but that would make the $ not work.

I'd even throw in Amir, but that would make the $ not work.[/b]

I believe that a team(teams) below the salary cap are not subject to the matching salary requirement as long as the added salary difference doesn't  exceed the salary cap.

swish

Here's the rule

Teams below the salary cap may trade without regard to salary, as long as they don't end up more than $100,000 above the cap following a trade.

Last edited by swish on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on information)

swish

Back to top Go down

Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season Empty Re: Dario Saric Commits To Sixers for 2016-2017 Season

Post by Ram Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:27 pm

No way I give up all that for Okafor. The Net's pick could be a superstar. 

If they want Smart, Jerebko, The Nets 2018 pick and either Young or Jackson for Noel and Saric that would be ok with me. It would be better if the pick was top 3 protected.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Marcus Smart is a very special player for our Celtics. I know people say that he is neither a true point guard nor a true shooting guard, and I cannot argue either point, but he is a special player regardless of whether he completely fits anyone's strict definition of either guard position. He impacts games in many ways even when he doesn't lead the team in scoring on most every night, and you cannot say that about all players in the NBA. I would bet that we would not have had 48 wins last season without this young man.

Trading him for only a top level star player (such as Cousins) is about the only way I would move this guy. He always hustles, has been leading in some ways since arriving as a rookie, plays superior defense on anyone they assign him to to include guys who are sometimes even 6 inches taller. For all of his imperfections, he is now only entering his third season and has improved each year that he has been with the team so far.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down