cowens/oldschool
arambone
jrleftfoot
mulcogiseng
bobheckler
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Marcus - Great defense - But his shooting -  ugly is an understatement - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcus - Great defense - But his shooting - ugly is an understatement

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:12 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:....and sure am glad we didn't end up with Dante Exum, who I liked at draft time that year.

Cow,

That's why it's a crap shoot and prefer trading the pick instead of using it.  The exception would be a top 3-5 pick.  If you can draft a game-changer like an Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant you do it, otherwise I say start shopping it.  

Smart was the #6 pick and he is a non-factor on offense.  The name of the game, and I believe I am at least paraphrasing if not quoting Red here, "to score more points than the other team".  And that was a guy who coached the #1 All-Time paradigm of defense, Bill Russell, and his college roommate and also great defender K.C. Jones.  So, it's not like we're talking Doug Moe here.  Red understood and appreciated the value of defense.

And yes, so far, Smart is a much better pick than Exum.  Then again, Exum missed an entire year from injury., so he is a year behind Smart in development (and Smart has Brad Stevens, a great developer of talent, to help him).

bob

non factor on offense? its not that bad, he could start in the backcourt for the Knicks or Nets and alot of teams right now....Horford loves his game after playing with him in training camp for a very short time.

Bottomline hes only 22 and his offense and overall game will improve.

Cow,

Of course his offense will improve,  he was the worst shooter from the field last year for players playing 20+mpg.   The only direction for him to go is up.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Marcus - Great defense - But his shooting -  ugly is an understatement - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcus - Great defense - But his shooting - ugly is an understatement

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:42 am

bob we get swept 4-0 to Hawks last year in playoffs WITHOUT Smarts offense.

I saw signs in preseason his driving and post up game were making big improvements too.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3