welcome back, Mr.Thomas

2 posters

Go down

welcome back, Mr.Thomas Empty welcome back, Mr.Thomas

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:53 am

what a difference a legitimate scorer makes.I only saw highlights,, so I can`t say much about last night`s game,but I can honestly say, just from the highlight, that I have never seen a professional teamm give up so many easy layups from a set, as opposed to fast breaking , offense .
Kudos to the Celts and shame on the Charlatans.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

welcome back, Mr.Thomas Empty Re: welcome back, Mr.Thomas

Post by wideclyde Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:29 pm

jrleftfoot,

Absolutely, Thomas again showed how important it is to have a "scorer" on the floor! The "scorer" is the guy who makes the offense go (especially late in a game) forward when behind or even after the other team has gone on a 12 point run.

It is the "scorer" who forces the other team to sweat late in the game. And, it is why Ainge wants to find another such guy for the Cs.

Many people don't understand that a guy like Crowder (whom I very much love since his coming to Boston for his "team" contributions) may score 13-18 points each night is important to the team, but he is not the "scorer". Neither is Bradley or even Horford.

The "scorer" gives his team hope and direction when times get tough in a game. He is the guy that every decent team has on its roster as he gives everyone some direction when the game is close. He is the guy that the team sends out to the middle of the street in the old cowboy movies fully expecting him to win. He is the guy who the team has a very difficult time playing without (even if he is not a great all around player) as was witnessed with the last three Cs losses.

Right now Thomas is this "guy" with the Cs. It used to be guys named Bird, Havlicek, etc (and, some others), and with our roster it is why they will have to pay Thomas probably a max contract in the coming years unless they can find a cheaper replacement.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:32 pm

I love the cowboy movie analogy, Clyde Basketball
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down