Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one.

4 posters

Go down

Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one. Empty Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one.

Post by international Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:46 pm

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/376800/ante-zizics-full-highlights-breakthrough-euroleague-game?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Zizic-Celtics-Stroggylakis&utm_term=Highlights&utm_content=NBA

international

Back to top Go down

Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one. Empty Re: Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one.

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:26 pm

The part I liked the most, and the thing I have been watching for in every Zizic highlight film, is his offense outside of 4'.  A nice, smooth mid-range jumper for him.  If he can hit that shot regularly it will let Al play in the low blocks without the defense collapsing on him and it isn't that much further to extend his range to the arc.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one. Empty Re: Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one.

Post by international Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Yes and as they say the kid is only 19 years old.Fast for a player of that height,strong and very mobile.A great free throws shooter and good on the offensive boards.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 am

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/376801/blatt-zizic-problem-probably-wont-stay-long?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Blatt-Zizic-Barkas&utm_term=News&utm_content=Generic

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:12 pm

international wrote:http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/376801/blatt-zizic-problem-probably-wont-stay-long?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Blatt-Zizic-Barkas&utm_term=News&utm_content=Generic

From David Blatt's lips to God's ear...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

My guess is that Boston invites him to participate in the Summer League games.

He looks to me like he need to add more muscle. If he is not ready for next year they will throw him back in the water like some many other undersized and under-developed fish.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:55 pm

dboss wrote:My guess is that Boston invites him to participate in the Summer League games.

He looks to me like he need to add more muscle.  If he is not ready for next year they will throw him back in the water like some many other undersized and under-developed fish.

dboss

dboss,

6'11", 258#. That's pretty solid, and he just turned 20 on Wednesday.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Second game in Turkish league todayHis team won 97:75. Ante played 27 min, had 16pts 5/7fg 6/6ft, 8rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist

international

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Physically (height, movement, strength), this guy looks like an NBA player pretty much right now.

And, he will get even stronger in the next couple of seasons due to his age.

Can he become a "rotation" player in Boston next year? I hope that he is at least given a chance.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:23 pm

He needs to get a lot stronger. big diiference in kid vs man strength

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:43 am

http://www.eurobasket.com/Basketball-Box-Score.asp?Game=2017_0108_195_17131-Turkey

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_celtics_draft_pick_ante_1.html

Boston Celtics draft pick Ante Zizic still scoring and rebounding plenty for his new team overseas

Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one. 21767177-mmmain
Ante Zizic, of Croatia, a Boston Celtics basketball draft pick for 2016, smiles during an news conference Friday, June 24, 2016, in Waltham, Mass. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on January 09, 2017 at 8:15 AM

Even after moving to a more competitive league, Boston Celtics draft pick Ante Zizic continues to impress overseas.

In his first start for Darussafaka, the big man racked up 16 points, eight rebounds and three blocks Sunday. Over 27 minutes, he made five out of seven field goal attempts, plus all six of his free throws.

The Celtics organization did not know what to expect when Darussafaka, coached by former Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt, acquired Zizic last month. The 20-year-old had ripped up the Adriatic League for the last year and a half, but his new team plays in the better Euroleague and Turkish BSL. Plus, Darussafaka's roster features a number of players with NBA experience, including former Celtics big men Semih Erden and Luke Harangody. That's a lot of competition just to get on the floor.

Zizic hasn't run into many problems yet. Over four games with his new team, he has averaged 9.5 points and 6.8 rebounds while shooting 61.9 percent from the field, according to stats from RealGM. After getting his feet wet during his first week, he has lifted those averages to 15.0 points, 8.5 rebounds and 73.3-percent shooting over the last two games.

Here are some highlights from a game last week:

And a reaction from a former NBA player:

Follow
Ekpe Udoh ✔ @EkpeUdoh
I like this Zizic kid
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Might as well make this the Ante Zizic thread...

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_celtics_rumors_2017_ant.html#incart_river_index

Boston Celtics rumors 2017: Ante Zizic expects to join NBA next season

Ante Zizic second game in Euroleague was a good one. 21767177-mmmain
Ante Zizic, of Croatia, a Boston Celtics basketball draft pick for 2016, smiles during an news conference Friday, June 24, 2016, in Waltham, Mass. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on January 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM

Boston Celtics draft pick Ante Zizic expects to play in the NBA next season, according to an interview he did with Eurohoops.net.

From the interview:

You talked about going to NBA next season. It's your definite decision?
Yes, of course. I was selected in the first round but I wanted to stay one more year overseas in order to prepare for the NBA. Now I'm playing in EuroLeague and the next step is NBA. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to be there on summer. I feel comfortable now and I think I'm ready for this step.

Splitting time with two teams overseas this season, Zizic has only built on his reputation. He bashed the competition in the Adriatic League for KK Cibona and has generally continued to impress, albeit in a smaller role, since a midseason move to Darussafaka. In addition to the Turkish Basketball Super League, Zizic's new team competes in the Euroleague -- one of the very top leagues outside of the NBA. Considering the big man's age, 20, his recent production has been promising.

It's no surprise Zizic intends to join the Celtics next season. He sounded antsy for the NBA after the draft in June, and has done nothing to harm his chances since. Last month, Celtics director of player personnel Austin Ainge told CSNNE it is "everybody's plan right now" for Zizic and fellow draft-and-stash first-round pick Guerschon Yabusele to play in Boston next season.

"Things can change," Ainge said, "but we really are excited about their development and their prospects for the future."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down